ICL Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

ICL Group Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2019

3.3
ICL Group CEO Raviv Zoller
Raviv Zoller
Pros
  • "Very flexible schedules and excellent work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Israeli government is more strict with tax, Chinese gov(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Company now dedicated to employees"

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The past year has proven that the company has taken on the values of the CEO by focusing on being an "Employer of Choice". I hear of efforts in all parts of the world to improve what they are calling the "employee experience". This is different in every location globally. The company is listening to the employees and taking action. I'm positive this will continue when the company does another survey and can re-evaluate what is now most important to employees.

Cons

There are some non-believers who are just grumpy and want to make life bad for all their co-workers. They need to get on board or get off the boat!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the employees. When you can't do something the employees are asking the company to do you need to communicate why you can't.

ICL Group2019-10-23
  2. "No Growth Opportunities, Not an Innovative Company"

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good colleagues in the US

Cons

Poor global collaboration, male dominated and no growth opportunities for women, no clear strategy, no push to retain high performers, leadership failing its employees. Middle and senior management need to listen to employees, reward them and not promote their own interest.

Advice to Management

Strive to be an equal opportunity employer, stop putting people in leadership who have no experience in the industry, promote more women who are deserving over male colleagues with no experience.

ICL Group2019-10-22

"ICL overall"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of good people performing daily functions working very hard to do their jobs.

Cons

Little management support for those employees Management has their own self centered agendas Claims to be a Global company but the only way is the Israeli way Not open to listening to a different view

Advice to Management

Listen, stop looking out for yourself, get a clue, or get out.

ICL Group2019-08-22
  4. "ICL is a wonderful company to work for!"

I have been working at ICL Group

Pros

Positive work/life balance, friendly, career development

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

ICL Group2019-04-10

"Israeli Company, not a "Global" Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, friendly co-workers, optional opt-out insurance payout

Cons

The company neglects its American (North and South) employees and their ideas/feedback when it comes to projects that are coming down the pipe. It seems there is only a one-way communication from our Israeli counterparts to everyone else and any potential suggestions falls on deaf ears. Employees are required to cut costs any chance they can, but then when the savings is realized at the end of the year, instead of rewarding the all employees for their hard work, there is this "hurry up and spend it so it's not on next year's books" rush that doesn't benefit anyone. All "Global" teams are stationed in Israel and refuse to have other employees in other parts of the world be a part of them. Growth/promotion opportunities become limited in certain fields because of this. Israeli employees are given over 2 months of time-off on top of their given vacation time and it is definitely is seen from other employees around the globe.

Advice to Management

If you are going to be a "Global" company, include all of your employees in growth and promotion opportunities. Be cognizant about how decisions made for the Israel office can and will affect employees around the globe, often time for the worse. Offer bonuses/profit sharing to employees other than management (level 15 and lower).

ICL Group2019-04-10
  6. "Global company with a clear vision"

I have been working at ICL Group full-time

Pros

- Management is 100% transparent on the global vision for the company - Vacation & holiday policy is above industry standards - More perks than I can count - Very flexible schedules and excellent work/life balance - IT department is super helpful - Very profitable company that shares its financial results openly - Lots of opportunities to get involved in various committees and groups - Diverse culture - Feels like working at a family business!

Cons

- Small office in St. Louis (can feel very isolating) - Outdated office decor (although it’s all in very good condition, could use a design refresh)

Advice to Management

Keep working on becoming an Employer of Choice. Encourage your employees to visit other locations so they can can truly understand the entire business.

ICL Group2019-03-18
  7. "Great Family Culture"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ICL's strength is it's family culture. I'v worked here over 7 years, traveled internationally, been to most regions of the company. While no company is perfect, each with it's own pros and cons, the one thing I can testify to at ICL....it's a great family culture. It's not been just a job for me, but a place to build friends, relationships, and in many ways an extended family. ICL is loyal to it's workers, good pay and benefits, flexible work environment, work-hard play-hard family culture.

Cons

The grass is not always greener at another company. So any 'cons' ICL has....I'm sure you'll find at another large international corporation.

Advice to Management

I encourage management to continue this flexible and family style approach, keep employees in-tune with strategy (even when the message is tough), it's your greatest strength.

ICL Group2019-01-28

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ICL Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are empowered to own and drive the initiatives you feel are most important/valuable for the Company's objectives. My team really do care about innovation, experimentation and isn’t afraid to take risks. I feel fortunate to be here.

Cons

Unless you are involved heavily in Israel implementations there is very little scope for a promotion.

Advice to Management

Best employee awards are not for managers and Directors (they should have surpassed that need by now). Identify and recognize people rowing the boat.

ICL Group2019-01-12

"Poor Leadership /No Strategy /No Innovation"

I have been working at ICL Group full-time

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Poor Leadership...Management does not get it. Lack of long term planning. No clear strategy and constant change with no explanation to employees on the path forward.

Advice to Management

Need strong leaders who listen and involve employees.

ICL Group2018-10-11

"Lost"

Former Employee - Management in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at ICL Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fundamentally strong business lines and leading positions in the markets they operate

Cons

no leadership, inward focussed, distrusting international employees, not aware of global mindset required to make the business a success.

Advice to Management

Care about the people all around the world, not only at the home base.

ICL Group2018-04-03