INTRUST Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Charles Q. Chandler IV

1. "teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at INTRUST Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are on your own if you do good in sales.

Cons

Salaries are not good in comparison to other banks.

2. "Personal opinion"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good value system. Typically an ethical work force. Good life/work balance. Management tries to meet the needs of their employees.

Cons

High amount of nepotism. Jobs typically fall to persons with seniority, even if they are less qualified.

3. "Disconnected Corporate"

Former Employee - Teller in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Teller in Wichita, KS

I worked at INTRUST Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean atmosphere, range of acceptable attire, possible commissions, I had a great supervisor at the time. Coworkers were very friendly. Corporate office is in Wichita and has a parking garage

Cons

Company wide sales requirements regardless of location (some locations have a large amount of non-English speakers, people who are not allowed to open a bank account, and people who can't be approved for loans or credit cards), wage is low compared to manual labor jobs. Shifts range from early morning to late at night and are vary per day. Full time may mean a 6 day work week.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from employees. When suggesting ideas, I was told "A team of people made these decisions, so someone probably already thought of your suggestion and it wasn't going to work." Adjust sales requirements based on the location so that requirements are able to be met. Provide employees with a list of sell-able reasons customers want to use Intrust services. Don't make every employee do their own research on Intrust products and competitors products.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intrust has a good retirement plan and descent benefits like health, free checking.

Cons

Extremely hostile environment. Managers and executives have little knowledge in fields but making decisions that hurt customers, employees and the bank. Intrust used to be a great place to work until leadership decided to be like Bank of America and went corporate. They do not care about employees or their customers.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers and employees. This is not the local bank it used to be. You reap what you sow.

6. "Commercial Clerk"

Current Employee - Commercial Clerk in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Commercial Clerk in Wichita, KS

Pros

I learned a lot about finances, business lending, financial analysis and more. People is very friendly and willing to help. The company has a well work-life balance.

Cons

Some part -time positions like mine are not very well reward. They did not provide benefits and the wage increased was minimal. Sometimes I have to work full-time and they did not pay me extra-hours or benefits. Carreer oportunities are also reduced.

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great vacation benefits. Good 401k and ok health insurance.

Cons

Unethical company that allows blatant bullying. Managers that run people off by creating hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Change in leadership is required for success. Pay people based on the value they bring.

8. "Decent company for being a local bank."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Wichita, KS

Pros

They are pretty flexible for college students. They do well at keeping a good work/life balance.

Cons

Not to much growth opprotunity from location to location. If you want to move up you have to be willing to move around to a different branch as positions open up.

"Bullying and Toxic Culture."

Current Employee - Operations in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Operations in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time

Pros

-Generous vacation
    -great co workers
    -numerous perks
    -you can definitely learn a lot

Cons

-Management are bullies and rewarded for it
    -pay is not enough for work performed
    -you don't have just your job to do, they make you do everyone else's as well, so they don't have to hire new employees. Then, when extra hours are needed to complete a job meant for more than1,2,3 people they want you to try and keep your overtime down. It is impossible to keep overtime down when you do a job meant for more than one person. There are only so many hours in the day to get things done.
    -Most times you are so busy you don't have time to go to lunch

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin. Too many to list. All I can say is what goes around comes around. Stop the harassment and bullying. Just because someone has been a manager or supervisor for many years does not mean they treat others how they legally should in the workplace. At what point does someone's knowledge outweigh how they treat another person? Basically, what does Intrust stand for because the message I got was that they stand for glorified harassment. I recommend a full review of managements conduct.

"employee review, Intrust Bank"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst I in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst I in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely pleasant. Low key. Friendly. Great training. Great experience builder for career. Primary career at the bank would be to transition to a commercial lender after 3-7 years. To become a commercial lender, it is faster to leave the bank and lend elsewhere and return as a lender if desired.

Cons

Wages. IMO It may be cost effective for management to accept high turnover for reduced wages.

"Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Wealth Management in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Wealth Management in Wichita, KS

I worked at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work place, benefits are ok

Cons

not always knowing what is happening with the department

Advice to Management

Review your supervisors more closely by talking to the actual employees under them