IPIC Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
IPIC President and CEO Hamid Hashemi
Hamid Hashemi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free movies Mon-Thurs for you and a friend" (in 51 reviews)

• "iPic is one of the most fast paced jobs you've ever been in (Good for most but not all)" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expect long hours especially on the weekend" (in 9 reviews)

• "The lack of communication from management (even when they give your walkie talkies) is frightening" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing establishment"

Former Employee - Food Runner in North Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Food Runner in North Bethesda, MD

I worked at IPIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

comfortable environment, Time worthy service, and amazing personel

Cons

Scheduling was done in a horrid fasion

Advice to Management

compensate the movie attendees with the proper amount of workers for better service quality

2. "Good opportunities"

Current Employee - Beverage Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Beverage Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IPIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth

Cons

Company is very disorganized and does things very brashly

Apr 2, 2019 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We appreciate that you recognize we have growth opportunities for our team members. When it comes to organizational development, we welcome team... More

"Great Atmosphere, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Usher/Concessions/Food Runner
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessions/Food Runner

I worked at IPIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Each iPic is visually appealing and the crowd is very sophisticated. The job isn't difficult at all, but co-workers make it a great experience for all.

Cons

Management bias. Ushers, Food Runners, and anyone else not seen as a server or bartender great treated a little more harshly by management.

Very unorganized schedule, sometimes they would forget to schedule a closer which means someone from the morning would have to work a lot longer than expected. The schedule was also very bias towards management favorites.

4. "Okay Summer Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Concessions in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Concessions in Rockville, MD

I worked at IPIC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers! The pay was decent for a summer job.

Cons

A down side would be to have to work really long shifts. Would not recommend for those who can not stand for long periods of time.

5. "mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Concessionist
    Former Employee - Concessionist

I worked at IPIC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food and movies
    chance of moving up if you put in a lot of effort
    decent pay but not enough for the amount of work

Cons

does not appreciate employees
    does not know how to treat employees or manage them

"Look Elsewhere For A Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at IPIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- The chance to see free movies and receive discounts on food and beverages.
    - Health insurance is relatively decent.

Cons

The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. This company operates based on the CEO's whims, not actually caring how the guest experience is or how to improve.

If you're looking for a career change, don't come to iPic. They will pay you less than what you deserve, will not on-board you, then demand you work weekends and late nights to fix reactionary problems.

HR is a huge issue, the operations side is a gigantic mess, marketing is scrambling to figure out how to appease the CEO at all times, and accounting is ready to set the building on fire.

I absolutely could not recommended this company to anyone - even my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees and making them happy. Give them the praise and monetary compensation that they deserve.
    Why build another theater when your current ones need attention?? Oh that's right - the CEO wants to look good in front of his friends/investors. I guess you can spend money on a building versus paying folks a livable wage.

This company is despicable.

Mar 25, 2019 – Vice President of Human Resources

Your comments are concerning and you identified as a current team member. If you do not feel comfortable discussing your concerns with the Sr. General Manager, please email HR@IPIC.com or contact... More

"“You’re a great bartender just not a fit”"

Current Employee - Bartender in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Bartender in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at IPIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None find somewhere else to work!

Cons

Long shifts, put up with a lot of politics. Didn’t matter if you made better drinks then the company mixologist he would find something wrong with it and put you down! Don’t have the right tools to make cocktails or to be ready for the night . Fired 3 bartenders that guest actually loved for no real REASON!

Advice to Management

None you’re bunch of corporate nothing I say will help!

8. "Not the best Job"

I worked at IPIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The employees were fun and kind
    -the tips were good but ONLY on Weekends

Cons

- The management is absolutely terrible, especially the most recent one sheriff I think it is. Can be very disrespectful and rude towards employees. Does nothing to help unless the whole place is drowning

Advice to Management

- Nothing to say, but make sure it's the employees fault before you start blaming people because the mistake could be your own fault.

"Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Theater General Manager
    Former Employee - Theater General Manager

I worked at IPIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies - if you have the time.

Cons

Long work days, marketing is non-existent, top tier management too involved in whatever it is theri doing to pay attention to operations.

Advice to Management

Not really advice, but a note to anyone looking at this company for employment! When the district manager positions were dissolved over a year ago, somebody thought it would be a great idea for top tier management to be the ones to try and run the entire company from the East Coast. There is no longer anyone who has a pulse on what is going on in each location. At least when we as unit level managers had a question, we could reach out to a district manager to get guidance and rely on them to be the go between with top tier. Now, we have to reach out to top tier management on our own and hope that they have the time to actually provide guidance! I'll cut to the chase, it doesn't happen! Last year at my location, we got a new SGM and it was very apparent from the beginning that this person was not the person who should be our leader! Several calls were made letting top tier know that there were issues; not working nights, not working weekends, & no knowledge of how to actually run the facility to name a few of the concerns. The response we received, let the restaurant GM talk to the SGM and tell him how bad of a job he's doing! Really!!?? You put unrealistic expectations on the unit managers to carry out your biddings, but give us no support. In the last year at my location, we lost 4 managers and 2 supervisors. At no time were we allowed to replace any of those positions AND, the expectation was that the remaining managers that were left behind, had to absorb the work of the managers that were lost! We were never asked if this was something that we could assist with, it was just assumed that we would do it. By the way, there were only three of us left to run the building! Additionally, we were never thanked for stepping up to handle the additional duties that we put upon us. There really are numerous other items that I could mention here, but I think you get the idea.

Mar 25, 2019 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review your employment at IPIC. We regret that you had unresolved concerns while working with us. If you want to discuss further, please email HR@IPIC.com or... More

10. "Decent"

Former Employee - Bartender in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Bartender in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at IPIC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was sufficient training so I felt confident when I was on my own. Free food during training. There was a good work - life balance.

Cons

Tips dependent on if there were any good new movie releases, otherwise work was very slow.

Advice to Management

N/A