ISA Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Easy stable job"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ISA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was easy, accessible and a good opportunity for income when looking for another job. no problems working here.

Cons

It's a starter job, so minimum wage.

2. "Data Collector"

Current Employee - Data Collector in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at ISA part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going great management. Flexible hours, bonus

Cons

Favorites are easy to spot. The morning crew can get away with a lot that the night crew can not do. The management can vastly improve.

Advice to Management

Needs to be re-trained even after years working they can not answer a simple question about the job and you are told more then one way to do a job from different supervisors who are you suppose to listen to.

3. "Data researcher"

Current Employee - California in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - California in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at ISA (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours! Bonuses! Good office working environment.

Cons

Hours worked are not guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people when there's not enough work to do for present employees

5. "Data entry clerk"

Former Employee - Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Nevada in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ISA (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained customer service skills aswell as computer skills

Cons

Unprofessional supervisors little to no ability to progress in the company

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Online Panel Support Specialist in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Online Panel Support Specialist in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at ISA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have a great camaraderie among the employees and bosses who continue to motivate us to do our best.

Cons

I'd prefer a different company for health insurance.

7. "Survey Recruiter"

Former Employee - Survey Recruiter in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Survey Recruiter in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

I worked specifically for the Q-Insights Division so the supervisors were excellent to work for. Capable, friendly, and fair. I can't speak for the rest of the Divisions.The salary( $9) is barely workable but still workable. The surveys that you are recruiting for are all paid. That makes all the difference when calling people. The hours were plentiful (for awhile)

Cons

The salary ($9) is barely workable
    . The supervisors had their hands tied by demands from "upstairs" on certain surveys that were top priority and/or not being filled with recruits quickly enough. This usually occurred because the survey itself was poorly designed and "cheap" e.g. a lot of work for some $25 gift card or the screening process that we had to conduct was so long and restrictive that we had to "86" a lot of potential survey takers. So, in these cases, the supervisors were instructed to send people home at lunch time if they didn't have at least one "complete"( one recruited person) when they were expecting a full day's shift. Either way, you sometimes didn't know until later that night whether you were coming in the next day. Sometimes, we were just told that we would be called when we were needed next.The supervisors treated me as fairly and as generously as they could. I'd like to think it was because I was a good recruiter but, as I said, their hands were tied and the scheduling system that sometimes forced you to be "on call" every day or turned a full day into a half-day became VERY frustrating.

Advice to Management

Fix the aforementioned scheduling fiasco. Some of the surveys are crappy. Period. The employees shouldn't be penalize( in most cases). Help the supervisors to find better ways to schedule the workers with a little more notice. They all worked miracles as it was, but they were not very popular at times and they didn't deserve that.

8. "Look at from positive points of view. Thanks for your time to allow me share this"

Current Employee - Surveyor in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Surveyor in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

I am suffering from chronic back spinal cord injury and mental health issues i.e. add, bipolar etc etc. My medical files are so thick but I pray to God to give strength to continue working. I need to work. The ISA staff doesn't know much about me, other than my first name, Martin. Starting the first day they me feel at ease. I follow directions and for past few weeks, I managed to ease myself from hardly know what to do then becoming productive. Prior to 2016, I have never met anyone at ISA but now I have some new friends. God bless some souls whom I guess dragging their feet to earn a basic living instead of sleeping in or watching TV all day long. Trust me, if we win the powerball, people may choose to do sth else than working at ISA with all the challenges i.e. cold calling, boredom and watching same computer screen all day long. I don't have family who look after me, no ssi and little savings. I am over 50 years old, Asian who speaks basic English, fragile health but I try to do the best I can. I need all the hours, I need the money. The only very few surviving relatives is my mom suffering from dementia and cancer. In summary, the pros are they are good people at ISA, pay basic expenses, pay you on time and nice office.

Cons

At times, boring and tiring. One doesn't have fixed schedule and have to call daily at 11am hence locking your day for doing something else. The pay is basic. And you heart keeps pounding that if one doesn't do well that day, he/she will be sent home, means less pay and wasting bus fare (I take buses daily, hours each way) and waiting (in the rain) in the bus stops.

Advice to Management

Possibly helping employees by having weekday schedule the day before (24 hr advance) so that the employees can schedule sth if he/she knows there is no work on particular day and have new employees participate in bonus. Some people, like me, need the money more than others i.e. for medical expenses, not covered by Obamacare.

"Review of ISA"

Former Employee - Data Collector in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Data Collector in Lancaster, CA

Pros

I guess the best reason to work at a place like ISA is just if you can't find work anywhere else. The supervisors were nice and it had a friendly atmostphere..

Cons

Its incredibly boring. On the few days that you actually get to have a full day, the entirety of it is spent making cold calls, following a script and getting cursed out by respondents. I couldn't find any other work so I interviewed here and got in. Its an okay work place but it will suck the life out of you. Hours are never guaranteed and you can go weeks, even over a month without being called in...

10. "Nothing"

Former Employee - Dec in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Dec in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ISA (More than a year)

Pros

Not selling anything over the phone

Cons

Work you more than they should

Advice to Management

Nothing

11. "can't go wrong if you need a job"

Current Employee - Data Collector in Alhambra, CA

Pros

its a friendly environment with bosses who are willing to work with you. No dress code and laid back

Cons

Those who been there are always going to get the prior choice to any easy job. The way you get hours is by production. You don't produce you don't get hours. Around the end of the year you will only see maybe 10 to 15 people working out of the 55 to 60 people hired there and it will stay that way from October till about February. So this is not a one job and you are set. You will need to have more then one job. The parking is limited to the weekends only. You are required to work 2pm to 930 pm. M-F and with one weekday included that is non negotiable.

Advice to Management

NONE you are a data collector if a manager quits or gets fired then maybe you can move up to supervisor. There hasn't been any new supervisors in over 2 years.