IgnitionOne Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Will Margiloff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "the vacation is really nice-good work life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Dynamic environment where you can learn a lot" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very high turnover rates and people getting burned out" (in 9 reviews)

• "Constantly changing requirements, lack of direction from senior management" (in 5 reviews)

"Associate Media Manager"

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time

Pros

Great place to learn the industry and ample opportunities to pick up essential skills for success in this field. Good office perks and friendly work atmosphere.

Cons

Company lacks a solid direction and it seems to change frequently. Upper management is always playing catch-up and don't want to invest in quality to compete with direct competitors. Not a whole lot of room for growth once you reach a certain level.

Advice to Management

Invest in quality performers who will fight for the company and have passion for their work.

2. "Review"

Pros

Lots of growth potential--this is my first job out of college ( graduated 4 years ago) and I have gotten promoted three times. The pay is good. the vacation is really nice-good work life balance. The office is really cool too.

Cons

none that i can think of right now

Advice to Management

continue to listen to employees

"Toxic Enviroment, No Direction"

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time

Pros

- Decent pay
    - Some smart people who know the industry well

Cons

- Toxic work environment
    - Lack of internal product training
    - Lots of product knowledge exists as tribal knowledge
    - Severe lack of direction for both product and individual teams
    - Uninvolved and disconnected middle management
    - Each office operates within it's own bubble. Cross office communication was sometimes confrontational and awkward

Advice to Management

Figure out what you're selling. Make sure it works. Make sure your employees know how it works. Foster a better work environment.

4. "The future is bright"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IgnitionOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Working with smart and fun people
    - A new set of exciting products underway
    - Dog-friendly
    - Good work-life balance
    - Weekly company lunch

Cons

- Going through different growth stages
    - Lost some good people along the way

Advice to Management

- Stay true to the mission
    - Focus more on employee engagement
    - Focus more on cross-departmental communication

"Strategy is very limited and there is no demonstrated ability to execute on anything ambitious"

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some real experts in the industry to learn from. Nice colleagues and some deep pockets of competence in both tech and on the business side. Netmining team, in particular, was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Product Strategy makes it hard to see how the company survives.
    Technical Leadership is weak. Leaders who were strong read the writing on the wall and have left the company. Product team are not experts in the industry and are very inexperienced in their roles. Immature staff are put in roles that they are not ready for. Almost anyone with a C-level title (CEO, HR, CTO, CPO/CSO, CFO) is not right for their jobs. Most don't have relevant experience in what should be considered a turn around. They are past their freshness date.

Advice to Management

Bring in a new CEO and make Will a Chairman. Need someone driving the bus that has a fresh perspective and who is willing to make major changes. Treat the company as a turn around and reduce the scope of what you are brining to market. Have enough humility to embrace the fact that you messed it up and get good folks to fix it.

"Great Place if you're a "YES man""

Former Employee - Senior Operations Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

perfect for someone who is a "yes sir" type. If you love kissing up to the management team, then this is the perfect place for you.

Cons

While I was there, I saw two very good engineers being kicked out within a Month of hire! Because they weren't a "YES man" type. Your success is not predicated on your skill set or hard work, but how you behave towards management.

Advice to Management

Why hire people and fire them within a month?? It really doesn't make sense, does it?

"Don't work here"

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch on Wednesdays in the Atlanta office?

Cons

Culture is toxic.
    They do not care about their employees.
    Management (C-Level, especially) always passes blame and has absolutely no respect for the people who do the work.
    Products rushed to market meaning developers and operations are unhappy.
    Pay is about 30% under market value.
    Significantly understaffed and promise after promise made with no resolution.

Architecture is a joke. They refuse to listen to anyone who has to implement the ideas. "Chief Enterprise Architect" refuses to actually architect and claims he's an "idea man." Of course, the architect was the CTO's mentor, so there is never any critical discussion around those plans.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people doing the work. Pay attention to the large outflow of employees. Telling employees to "work harder so we can sell more" isn't a solution. Telling employees that "people are expendable," does not help morale.

"No job security whatsoever. Must be 'YES' people. Don't rock boat or you're gone."

Former Employee - Production Designer in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Akron, OH

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great colleagues
    Interesting and fun work
    Flexible
    Great benefits

Cons

Atrocious management at all levels
    Business plans change faster than the weather
    Great talent is lost to marginal hacks
    Hipsters

Advice to Management

Choose a business plan and stick to it. There's a reason IOne lags behind bigger companies and it starts with bad management.

""Sunken Place" for Young Talent"

Former Employee - Display Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Display Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

....nothing comes to mind right off the top of my head. The company did have a frosé machine at a party once, but I think it stopped working mid-way through....(a metaphor for what is come for this company..if things don't change)

Cons

Simply put, IgnitionOne does not foster an environment for young talent. And to provide context, I say this from the perspective of someone who interviewed and am currently at a company who provides this type of environment....so I now know what was lacking. When I was laid off, I felt defeated. I somehow thought this happened due to my inability to deliver. However, as I discussed my experience with tech professionals and ironically past IgnitionOne employees I later came in contact while interviewing at other companies, I soon realized that me being laid off had nothing to do with my inability to deliver but EVERYTHING to do with the lack of value IgnitionOne (more specifically the DAG team) had for me. I experienced so many micro-aggressions and my time there was very isolating. And now that I look back, I don't even know why I stayed for as long as I did, which is why I titled this review the "Sunken Place". In less than one year, the DAG team experienced a turn over rate well above 65%. No one addressed this, but it became more apparent to me that this environment was not conducive for me (or anyone) to excel and thrive. During my time at IgnitionOne, I tried to leverage all possible resources to help execute deliverables asked, being that I had no true support on my team. I directed my efforts outside my team to the analytics team and HR but there was nothing there for me either. I would reach out for support but my skype messages and emails often got ignored. My team knew my work experience and technical capabilities, as I was tested throughout the interview process. So I never understood their expectations once I got in the door. But in all honesty, I think it came from their own lack of knowledge of what was needed on a technical standpoint for me to hit the ground running. I had LIMITED resources and NO support, yet I made lemonade out lemons. The experience ultimately made me stronger. So, all in all, I am grateful for the experience (as ironic as that sounds).

Advice to Management

Step up your game. There are companies that can provide impeccable service on both the media and analytics side (if not both). Being that you can provide mediocre service in both is not of any value to your clients and most importantly your employees.

Also, try to develop some company culture- there is none.

"Good Concept Bad Execution"

I worked at IgnitionOne full-time

Pros

Super Smart and Personable Co-workers, Good Product Concept

Cons

Scattered Execution and Seagull Management,

Advice to Management

Make sure the products actually work as promised before heading to market. Tighten focus on what's most important. Stop Seagull management technique and focus on what might be positive. Also, sudden layoffs are SUPER bad for the morale of those who are left behind.