InSpa Reviews | Glassdoor

InSpa Reviews

Found 63 reviews

4.3
Colleen Stone
Pros
  • "Manager and front desk staff are all very flexible with switching shift if needed(in 8 reviews)

• "I felt apart of new ideas and always felt heard by my spa manager(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Time spent at front desk"

I worked at InSpa full-time

Pros

Fun people to work with. Great perks. Learned a lot about skincare, massage, nails, and products. Flexible shifts.

Cons

Open kind of late.

InSpa2018-05-31

"Not a good place to work."

Former Employee - Front Desk Coordinator in Issaquah, WA

I worked at InSpa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission for memberships. Not many pros.

Cons

Horrible company. I usually don’t bash businesses like this, but there was poor management, it was dirty and corporate was not very involved as they are the ones who are supposed to be doing the upkeep on the cleanliness. They put groupons up and cut the service providers commission! They didn’t choose to have that coupon go out, why should they get less pay?

Advice to Management

More professional communication. There was many times where I was talked down on. I tried my best at the position but they never make you feel good enough. And you need to realize people have families and they get sick, so don’t make people feel bad for calling out when it’s not like it’s a reoccurring problem.

InSpa2019-05-15

"I wasted 6+ years here."

Former Employee - Aesthetician in Issaquah, WA

I worked at InSpa full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

• A majority of the co workers are great and the best you could ask for. •Location.

Cons

•CEO is not engaged in what’s going on in the company. Does not care about the employees or value their input. You are a number, to them you are only good for making them money. •Pay is low, you have to fight for raises (which can be deinied at anytime for unethical reasons) • Technicians product commission is commonly stolen by the same front desk staff member(s). Repeat offenders should have their right to earn...

Advice to Management

To management: Hold yourself to the same standards you hold your employees to. Be honest and act with integrity. To the CEO: Throw in the towel and consider selling the company to someone who is willing to put in the work and effort to make the company better and invest in caring for the companies loyal employees, they deserve better.

InSpa2019-03-28
  4. "Great place to Grow and build your Client base and experience"

Current Employee - Esthetician in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at InSpa full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

401k, PTO, room to grow your client base you can make great money. Cash tips! Work with your schedule. 2% extra working weekends. Excellent Training and you get paid for it

Cons

Open late. No hourly pay. Blackout periods when you are required not to take time off. Open on New Year eve and Christmas eve, no direct deposit

Advice to Management

Update staff back room. Focus on the services and products instead of introducing too many too fast.

InSpa2019-01-30

"Why did I stay so long?"

Former Employee - Technician

I worked at InSpa full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Clients, fellow employees, location, birthday service

Cons

The front desk gets walk in commission on retail that should go to the professionals and they also get a free service every month which the technicians do not get AND the company makes it very difficult to do any service trades between the technicians. There is no HR department and no one on the corporate who you can confide in. Corporate does not care what employees have to say. All employees have to go out of there...

Advice to Management

Take better care of your technicians.

InSpa2019-02-05

"Guest Services Coordinator Position Review"

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at InSpa part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pretty laid back, free spa services once a month, learned about spa services, was able to do my homework at the front desk, developed my communication skills

Cons

High turnover rate which resulted in overscheduling, hard to get shifts covered or time off due to management wanting the same times off even if you requested it off months ago, rude customers, not very consistent training, at times very boring, corporate can be really difficult and entitled

Advice to Management

Make training more consistent, hire enough people to have a good rotation and accommodate for vacation time,

InSpa2018-11-07

"Stepping stone"

Former Employee - GSC

I worked at InSpa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great service discount, monthly incentives

Cons

No direct deposit, horrible insurance, drama, no structured management, service providers run the show, lack of respect, low pay and favoritism.

Advice to Management

Value your employees instead of making them feel replaceable. Get direct deposit. Get better insurance and pay more for these high stress jobs.

InSpa2018-10-09

"A nightmare"

Former Employee - Skincare Consultant

I worked at InSpa part-time for more than a year

Pros

None, none, none, none, none!

Cons

A lot of harrasement by other employees. Manager doesn't do anything!

Advice to Management

Don't ignore harrasment!

InSpa2018-07-31

"Great friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - LMP in Mill Creek, WA

I have been working at InSpa part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great friendly atmosphere Flexible schedule Great service discount Close to home

Cons

Slow business at times (industry trend)

Advice to Management

Do more marketing. Implement changes faster.

InSpa2018-05-29

"Working for Inspa"

I have been working at InSpa part-time

Pros

I have been here for 5 years now. I love the people I work with. I love meeting new clients and have been able to build a good clientele base. I love to constantly learn and Inspa has provided tools for continuing education.

Cons

Unfortunately there is no health insurance, or bonus structure for earning more money

InSpa2018-05-30