Incepture Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Just Another Consulting"

Current Employee - Principal in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Principal in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Incepture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Provides a placeholder for consulting with BCBSF or Florida Blue

Cons

Just a consulting firm, helping you to consult with BCBSF or Florida Blue

Advice to Management

Tremendous potential to grow to other blue clients by building domain specific consultants

2. "Consultant, Project Analyst"

Former Employee - Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Incepture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company, focused on healthcare insurance, major client is was Florida Blue.

Cons

No longer operating as a company.

Advice to Management

Jacksonville

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Service Advocate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Service Advocate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Incepture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to get a foot in the door at Florida Blue. Hourly compensation is fair.

Cons

Virtually no communication after orientation. Per Florida Blue, contractors technically are supposed to go through Incepture with scheduling changes, et cetera but oftentimes the line was blurred as to which issues need to be directed to where and whom. Some recruiters are more difficult to get ahold of than others, and some are inconsistent with follow up and/or follow through. Company "luncheons" are more about higher level information than information contractors really need to be aware of. Benefits are virtually nonexistent; one needs to work six months to accumulate eight hours of PTO time, which most end up using to offset weeks with non working holidays which for employees are paid for, but are not for Contractors. Contractors may be let go at any time for any or no reason at all and this is done generally via a telephone call in the early evening on a Friday. It can be nerve wracking knowing that even after work is over, you could receive a phone call for any reason at all or for none whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Have a more open dialogue with the contractors you hire. Additionally, focus less on being an "AA employer" and more on hiring the best candidates based on stricter criteria.

"Both contract assignments afforded me the skills that later positioned me for a perm job with another employer."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The Incepture recruiter was truly my advocate for both assignments. She made me feel valued as a person and an employee.

Cons

The company they had to use for background checks and verification of pior employment was inefficient but Incepture had no choice. Also, wished they offered more generous PTO than they did...like one day for every 1000 hrs worked. .

Advice to Management

Please continue to market a variety of corporations so that more candidates can be considered.

"I look forward to coming to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I genuinely enjoy the people I get to work with. We are all focused on the success of Incepture and seeing our brand grow in the market. The office atmosphere is light, but at the same time, very intent on getting done what we need to do to reach our goals.

We are able to address and respond to issues quickly.

Our team is quick to rally around those in need, be it in the community or our own employees. I am proud of the commitment we have to the larger community.

Cons

With our rapid growth, we are sometimes in a more reactive than proactive mode. We could improve on our internal customer service to one another at times.

"GREAT place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Stability
    Employee-focused
    Management respects employees
    Clear communication when changes/advancements are being made
    EXCELLENT leadership
    Fun atmosphere - great co-workers and a "work hard, play hard" mentality
    Growth is unlimited
    The ability to work in anyway that suits you best

Cons

There are some employees that get away with a lot of wrong doing. It can be a pretty cut-throat environment at times and team-work is not promoted very well. You are really expected to take care of things on your own.

Advice to Management

I am excited for the future of Incepture and, more importantly, to be a part of it! But let's start listening to employees more and keeping it fair!! Also, make sure you are involved in the day to day tasks, not just the big picture.

"If you think BCBSFL is bad how can their body-shop wing be better?"

Former Employee - Developer III in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Developer III in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Relatively quick way to get into BCBSFL jobs.
    Possibility to work on multi-year contract position at BCBSFL.

Cons

It is just a wing of BCBSFL to hire and fire candidates at will.
    You only get to know the above terms and their PTO plan of 12 hours (no mistake i.e. 1 and a half days) after 1000 hours of work when you sign their papers.
    The employees have no protection when the client (BCBSFL) decides that the service of the candidate is not needed for what ever reason, budget cut, change of directions etc. Incepture simply follows suit and fire the candidate from their payroll too. They don't have to give you any reason why they are ending your contract.
    If you wan't to work at BCBSFL better go through other consulting services, who might represent you at other clients if the contract ends.

Advice to Management

Try disclosing your terms and the risks with the candidates before you start the interview process.

"A good place to work with great co-workers but not fair in the way job descriptions, reviews and advancement is done."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Good benefits (subsidiary of a large company)
    Fun co-workers
    fun team events and community involvement
    not a micro-managed work place

Cons

Management "plays favorites"
    job descriptions and pay are not in line with reality of work
    growth and development oppurtunities are not easily attainable

Advice to Management

leadership in my experience has promised advancement and not delivered. they are unfair in the way they divide work and do not offer compnsation or recongnition as needed

10. "If you are looking for a true "temp" job, this is it."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Reliable pay check and a chance to add multiple items to your resume. I was able to improve my office skills in a pretty relaxed environment.

Cons

No training. You are kept in the dark about the length of the contract until the day they let you go.

Advice to Management

Do not be afraid to communicate with the employees. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are a burden on a company.

"Very unprofessional"

Pros

I never directly worked for Incepture, I worked with them on getting a job at another firm. They seemed very polite and concerned in the beginning - certain employers were nice and understanding.

Cons

They promised things and never realized them, they were very bad at reaching out to me as well as getting back when they said. I wasted a lot of money, time, opportunities, and nerves on them. I would highly unlikely recommend this firm to anyone.

Advice to Management

It would be a good idea to work on the business processes and the way you handle issues.