Intelect Reviews | Glassdoor

Intelect Reviews

3.3
Rohit H. Patel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Small Company Doing Big Things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Intelect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As Project Managers, we have the creative freedom to run projects how we see fit. Being flexible and supportive to the customers' needs are benefits to a successful project.

Cons

A very small company. So everyone wears many hats to get the job done, which is not necessarily a negative thing. You learn a lot in a cross-functional role.

Advice to Management

Look to the future to keep the momentum going. The sky is the limit. We are all excited about the brand new projects in the upcoming year...

2. "Lay offs and low morale."

Former Contractor - Helper in Baltimore, MD
    Former Contractor - Helper in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Intelect as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great steppingstone company. Great company to make contacts for your next career. No competency test to get a job here. Care free attitude.

Cons

If you're looking to get a job right from the streets, this is the place. That means your co-workers will be unskilled, and Temps that don't care about the results of project completion. WORK HERE TO MAKE INDUSTRY CONTACTS so when you're laid off you'll have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Advice to Management

Consolidated your debt.

3. "electricain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Intelect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

did everything from CCTV to electric

Cons

slow need more work

4. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Catonsville, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Catonsville, MD

I worked at Intelect (More than 10 years)

Pros

Convenient to Baltimore City and is close to a bus line.

Cons

Very poor benefits, low salary, long hours, little or no support from upper management, old IT equipment with little support even for major issues, no chance for advancement.

5. "Work for intelect is ok"

Current Employee - Skilled Laborer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Skilled Laborer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Intelect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very disversifed we work on many different projects

Cons

Don't give out many raised

Advice to Management

Give a employee evaluation

6. "This Company rocks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Intelect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I heard of Intelect via a friend and have never regreted it. I have been working here for 5+ years and the company has been growing every year. The company is the most innovative company in the region and the work variety is amazing. I have worked on at least a dozen projects and learnt so much from the talented engineers, co-workers, admin staff, and mangement teams. We have constant change and like most companies we have workers and we have slackers. The workers get the job done, this despite slackers who are the biggest complainers (bad apples). Compensation is fair and the benefits are great. They include: vacation, health, dental, vision, life, 401K. The company seems to jacking up the benefits each year. Another plus is that the work environment allows each employee the freedom to get a job done right. For example, we are provided all necessary resources, tools, help, and realistic time frame expectations to make a job successful. I love working here - It is the best job I have ever had.

Cons

Too much trust in the hands of some that take advantage of the latitude the company provides.

Advice to Management

Let the employees who create drama go quickly! There is no room for them in great companies like ours.

7. "Some growing pains, but overall a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Very broad scope of work, keeping busy during a tough economy. CEO and COO are very interested and involved in growing the company.

Cons

Benefits could be better, especially time off and health insurance.

8. "Mediocre at best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Management will leave you alone if you work out of the office, and for the most part, in the office as well. For the most part, you can get on with your job they way you see fit.
    Staff are generally friendly towards one-another.
    The pay is fairly decent for the level of difficulty.

Cons

Though you might be left alone to do your work, you certainly don't want to be left out of what is happening in the company. Working offsite will definitely leave you feeling on the outside.
    Benefits are the worst. When working for a small owner-operated company, you should know that you are working to make someone else wealthy, yet most companies try to hide that fact, not at Intelect. Only 8 days of PTO, no health/dental insurance, no training. I would have taken less pay for health insurance.
    Too much of a focus on a small group of engineers. Granted, they come up with the ideas that win the proposals, but when all the focus is on just a handful of folks, everyone else is left out in the cold. Hence, there is a high-level of turn-over in the ranks.
    This is acompany that, though it has grown in numbers, it won't be much different ten years from now. Thus, the positions are dead-end jobs.

Advice to Management

The revenue is certainly there to do provide a better set of benefits. I have worked for smaller companies than Intelect, with far less revenue, and had much better benefits. If you don't want to provide the benefits, then at least increase the salaries.
    Stop focusing on a few engineers and pay more attention to those who are also helping to make you wealthy.