InterArch Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 27, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shirley Hill

1. "Ownership of projects and a lot of freedom"

Current Employee - Designer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Designer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at InterArch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to design and opinions are always listened to. Management is supportive and the office culture is young, great people to work with every day.

Cons

Office politics, but that is everywhere and you either get swallowed up by it or stay out of it. Great office as a whole, though.

2. "Get entry-level experience then get out!"

Former Employee - Creative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Creative in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Big name clients. Beautiful office. Easy commute from most areas of central NJ, south NJ, and PA. Really great people (junior). You will work on cool projects and see your work implemented on a grand scale. The company will never go out of business because the owners are ridiculously rich.

Cons

Before I started here, another employee told me "This place is like The Devil Wears Prada." I laughed it off at the time, but it turns out the statement was pretty accurate. The owners are some of the richest people in the state, and as such have what could be considered strange (but more often are seen as insane) operational practices. If you do not dress, speak, or even bank a certain way, you are going to be put on the naughty list fast.

There is an extremely aggressive air in the office, leading to short tempers, over-competitiveness, and backstabbing. This is probably due to the amount of firings, quittings, affairs, and other drama that goes on. If you are not a favorite, your daily work will be hellish at best and nonexistent at worst.

During my time at IA, I witnessed administrative and HR practices that are hugely immoral, and possibly illegal. It is no secret that the agency and its management have been involved in extremely shady business... let Google do the talking. Oh yeah you can expect to be forced to attend themed parties or lose your job.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more competitively. Stop letting the favorites have their way. Don't force "fun" on people.

3. "Decent Pay, Good Experience Opportunities, but No Growth Potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Great experience for someone just starting out.
    Many opportunities to get into all facets of the design process from start to finish
    Private clients allow for Brand Name projects

Cons

Limited benefits (ie five sick days after a year of employment, none before)
    Limited potential to develop into a higher role then what you were hired as
    You can bring your dog to work (it applies more as a con)

Advice to Management

I would have wanted my work and abilities to get noticed more by management, I was just a name
    The president (of a small size firm) didn't even know my name until several months working there

4. "High Profile International Retail Projects"

I have been working at InterArch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full Hands on experience through every step of the project- from start to beyond occupancy.
    Get to bring multiple projects out of the ground per year.
    International and Domestic Clients with opportunity for Travel overseas.

Cons

Quiet Office.
    Gossipy Coworkers.

5. "good long term"

Pros

nice office, charismatic president, good technology, pet friendly.

Cons

hvac system runs cold at times

Advice to Management

keep it up