Interweave Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

3.2
Interweave CEO Clay Hall (no image)
Clay Hall
  1. "One of the last of the great small companies"

5.0
    Former Employee - Editor-In-Chief in Loveland, CO

I worked at Interweave full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small, family-friendly, nurturing, professional, vision-driven, employee-friendly

Cons

Salaries not as high as elsewhere

2. "Lack of Leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer, Books Department in Loveland, CO

I worked at Interweave full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting good people, that cared about the company and what they do.

Cons

Leadership was incompetent, stressed out and direction unclear. Pay not competitive for the job. Low pay.

3. "Solid company while I worked there, but I think culture and values have changed after they were acquired."

Current Employee - Production Director in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Interweave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom plan (unlimited time off, but I don't think this exists anymore). Reasonable work hours.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Employees were underpaid.

"Okay at first"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Designer in Loveland, CO

I worked at Interweave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, light-hearted topics of crafts. Pretty pictures to work with. Nice people, for the most part. Original owner was great and a super nice person.

Cons

Abusive manager allowed to prevail even though many complaints were lodged against her. I left on my own accord but was set up for failure and I would have been fired if I didn't. Before reporting to her, I had stellar annual reviews with raises. That this woman was allowed and even rewarded for her abusive behavior to several designers in her charge. She was eventually fired but long after she pushed up very good talented designers.

Continue reading

"high-pressure but rewarding"

4.0

I have been working at Interweave

Pros

Interweave is changing very very fast to meet the challenges of book publishing today. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Flexible and supportive company for off-site employees, of which it has many. Very egalitarian--employees are regularly solicited for opinion and feedback of projects, regardless of position. Collaborative atmosphere, rather than competitive. Management is generally open and accessible, trusting of employees rather than micro-managing.

Cons

Interweave is changing very very fast to meet the challenges of book publishing today. Communication can be poor at times, especially as priorities can change very quickly. Very high-pressure, with very high expectations of employees. Becoming increasingly metrics-driven, sometimes losing sight of issues such as quality and market saturation. Very UN flexible for office employees. As a media publisher, employees are regularly expected to provide magazine and emedia content on top of their regular duties, on their own time.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.