Intrepid Control Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great company"

Former Intern - Software Development Engineer - Intern in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Intern - Software Development Engineer - Intern in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Intrepid Control Systems as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Intrepid is a great company with great people and they really know how to make you feel like family. It is a great opportunity for the curious and there are many training sessions that employees can attend.

Cons

Perhaps it was just my experience, or maybe it was just me, or perhaps it was a lack of curiosity, but I found that there was little direction or pressure on me as an intern to really accomplish anything.

Advice to Management

My advice would simply be to maybe come up with a more structured plan for longer term interns. Possibly even have a weekly report session to the intern's supervisor. This way, not only do the interns get more professional communications practice, but those that are perhaps a bit directionless will have a stronger sense of direction instilled.

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Electrical Intern in Houghton, MI
    Former Employee - Electrical Intern in Houghton, MI

I worked at Intrepid Control Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salary and benefits, Accommodation is covered by company.

Cons

Environment wise people not friendly

3. "Its is a good company to start your career"

Current Intern - Windows Software Developer in Madison Heights, MI
    Current Intern - Windows Software Developer in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at Intrepid Control Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

No work pressure, you can learn more and more flexible

Cons

nothing to mention about here

Advice to Management

none to mention about here

4. "Good experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Intrepid Control Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The place is very relaxed and laid back. As an intern they understand you have school responsibility and they allow you to work at your own pace. However if you ask for a review they will tell you whether your pace is slow or fast. So you have to be self-managing. Don't expect someone to tell you what or how to do. You could actually sit for weeks without having a project in hand if you do not step up and ask for one.
    The people that work there are extremely nice and laid back, also hard working.

Cons

Because it is very self managing, you could sit for weeks without having a project in your hand. And once you finish the project don't expect a feedback unless you ask them multiple times. Also it is a small company with 15-20 employees so I can not see a personal career growth.