Cover image for Invenergy

Invenergy President and CEO Michael Polsky
Michael Polsky

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Invenergy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great company

Nov 4, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Invenergy appreciates their employees and provides praise when it is due. Upper management is always providing opportunities for growth and investing in their employee's career.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Project manager

Dec 3, 2022 - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office, love renewables, leader in the industry

Cons

Terrible onboarding training, bad management

3. Join the Invenergy team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good Company

Nov 15, 2022 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward looking with a good culture

Cons

Lower paying, and doesnt have the greatest benefits

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not bad.

Nov 28, 2022 - GIS Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Great PTO - Great work life balance - Great environment - Great Managers - Innovation is encouraged

Cons

- Low Pay - Lots of red tape - Some departments can hold you back - WFH

6. 4.0

Great Culture, Great People, Poor Pay

Nov 2, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young, exciting, energetic company. Team atmosphere and great social life with coworkers.

Cons

Pay is very poor. I've had recruiters offer me 50% more for the same job. No commission structure, poor bonuses, and no aid with travel. Have to expense everything (i.e. no company cards or company transportation) and AP is extremely particular, sometimes leading to backlogs in expense reimbursement.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture, smart company, below market compensation

Oct 27, 2022 - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture, business plan, market share

Cons

compensation, management, career development, perks

8. 4.0

Tough to Work For, but Good Company Overall

Oct 19, 2022 - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is the "good" kind of challenging. A lot of companies say they empower their personnel to make decisions, but Invenergy walks the talk in this regard. PMs are truly given the authority to make decisions that are best for the project and for the company.

Cons

There is a LOT of work, and that work comes with a LOT of challenges. Invenergy finally seems to have understood that very good employees have left the company due to the demanding schedule and relative lack of pay for work performed.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learned a Lot, Happy I Left

Nov 26, 2022 - Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an INCREDIBLE place to start your career in renewables. You will learn a ton in a short amount of time, have access to several industry-popular softwares, and the people you work with are insanely smart - you will leave with a lot of good contacts. Plus, when it is time to leave, recruiters will be obsessed with you.

Cons

Too many to count so let’s see if I can remember them all: - I learned as much as I did in such a short time because I worked 80 - 100 hour weeks. After 4 months of this, I communicated to my supervisor a need for change and they said they would hire someone new to take over some of my projects. However, upper management did not seem to support that, as 3 new people were hired and pulled to other teams. After waiting another 4 months for change, I decided to leave. - Upper management (not the supervisor) was openly and consistently disrespectful. I was literally yelled at multiple times, and condescended to consistently. If there is one thing you can count on at Invenergy, it is inflated egos with upper management - One upper manager said sexist and racist micro aggressions to various people on my team - Compensation is terrible. Before making my decision to leave, I interviewed with and received offers from 4 different companies for the same exact position, and compensation was 20-35% higher. - The bonus at Invenergy is not worth it. Management will dangle it like a carrot to get you to do what they want, and if you say no once, they claim it will affect your bonus - There is no formal step in the annual employee review process to discuss your assessment or your boss’ assessment. You just have to “trust” that they have your best interest at heart. - It is an extremely unsafe work environment in regards to COVID. There were outbreaks every week, most of which were never communicated to me, and pretty much no one wore their masks in the office. Upper management just wants to see you there every day to micromanage and justify the obscene rent they pay, that’s it, they don’t care how often you get COVID. They also require you get vaccinated, which I am, but I tested their “protocol” to see what would happen if I never checked yes and never submitted my vaccination card, and there was no follow up. - Lastly, while 80% of the time it is really fun to work at such a young company, 20% of the time it became quite cliquey. Made up gossip spreads like wildfire, and it is d r a m a t I c. But, those people reveal themselves quite quickly, so you can avoid them relatively easily

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not worth it if you know what you want

Nov 2, 2022 - Tax Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally good pay. Good benefits.

Cons

HR does not have your back, they choose the company first. They care more about their performance and the satisfaction of their investors rather than it's employees. Company has high employee turnover in all departments. Definitely a sink or swim culture.

11. 5.0

Great company

Sep 26, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to lead projects right out of the gate.

Cons

Lots of travel on development side.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Reviews
</>Embed

Invenergy Reviews FAQs

Invenergy has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 217 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Invenergy to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Invenergy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Invenergy. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

84% of Invenergy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Invenergy 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Invenergy to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Invenergy Job Seekers