- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Barrington, IL
- - Davenport, IA Area
- - Bishop Hill, IL
- - Ottawa, IL Area
- - Marseilles, IL
- - New York State
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Ballston Spa, NY
- - Pennsylvania
- - Scranton, PA Area
- - Jessup, PA
- - West Virginia
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Texas
- - Pampa, TX Area
- - Miami, TX
- - Sweetwater, TX Area
- - Sweetwater, TX
- - Austin, TX Area
- - Austin, TX
- - Nebraska
- Mexico - All Cities
- - México
- - Mexico City, Mexico Area
- - Ciudad de Mexico
- Democratic Republic of Congo - All Cities
- - Orientale
Found 197 of over 217 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Smart, hardworking, straightforward people, great projects, lots to do." (in 14 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 12 reviews)
- "Forward looking with a good culture" (in 10 reviews)
- "Great team environment and employees have great attitudes." (in 7 reviews)
- "paced, challenging work environment with great colleagues." (in 7 reviews)
- "Low pay" (in 16 reviews)
- "Management lied to me from day one and it continued through duration of employment." (in 8 reviews)
- "Upper management is afraid to step in and resolve conflict within the office." (in 7 reviews)
- "long hours and high expectations if you are in a position to create value" (in 6 reviews)
- "Salary at the analyst/associate level is low compared to other companies." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Invenergy and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 4, 2022 - AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Invenergy appreciates their employees and provides praise when it is due. Upper management is always providing opportunities for growth and investing in their employee's career.
Nothing I can think of.
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 3, 2022 - Project Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great office, love renewables, leader in the industry
Terrible onboarding training, bad managementContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 15, 2022 - Senior AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Forward looking with a good culture
Lower paying, and doesnt have the greatest benefits
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 28, 2022 - GIS TechnicianRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great people - Great PTO - Great work life balance - Great environment - Great Managers - Innovation is encouraged
- Low Pay - Lots of red tape - Some departments can hold you back - WFH
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Young, exciting, energetic company. Team atmosphere and great social life with coworkers.
Pay is very poor. I've had recruiters offer me 50% more for the same job. No commission structure, poor bonuses, and no aid with travel. Have to expense everything (i.e. no company cards or company transportation) and AP is extremely particular, sometimes leading to backlogs in expense reimbursement.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 27, 2022 - Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
culture, business plan, market share
compensation, management, career development, perks
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Project Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The work is the "good" kind of challenging. A lot of companies say they empower their personnel to make decisions, but Invenergy walks the talk in this regard. PMs are truly given the authority to make decisions that are best for the project and for the company.
There is a LOT of work, and that work comes with a LOT of challenges. Invenergy finally seems to have understood that very good employees have left the company due to the demanding schedule and relative lack of pay for work performed.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 26, 2022 - Engineer in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is an INCREDIBLE place to start your career in renewables. You will learn a ton in a short amount of time, have access to several industry-popular softwares, and the people you work with are insanely smart - you will leave with a lot of good contacts. Plus, when it is time to leave, recruiters will be obsessed with you.
Too many to count so let’s see if I can remember them all: - I learned as much as I did in such a short time because I worked 80 - 100 hour weeks. After 4 months of this, I communicated to my supervisor a need for change and they said they would hire someone new to take over some of my projects. However, upper management did not seem to support that, as 3 new people were hired and pulled to other teams. After waiting another 4 months for change, I decided to leave. - Upper management (not the supervisor) was openly and consistently disrespectful. I was literally yelled at multiple times, and condescended to consistently. If there is one thing you can count on at Invenergy, it is inflated egos with upper management - One upper manager said sexist and racist micro aggressions to various people on my team - Compensation is terrible. Before making my decision to leave, I interviewed with and received offers from 4 different companies for the same exact position, and compensation was 20-35% higher. - The bonus at Invenergy is not worth it. Management will dangle it like a carrot to get you to do what they want, and if you say no once, they claim it will affect your bonus - There is no formal step in the annual employee review process to discuss your assessment or your boss’ assessment. You just have to “trust” that they have your best interest at heart. - It is an extremely unsafe work environment in regards to COVID. There were outbreaks every week, most of which were never communicated to me, and pretty much no one wore their masks in the office. Upper management just wants to see you there every day to micromanage and justify the obscene rent they pay, that’s it, they don’t care how often you get COVID. They also require you get vaccinated, which I am, but I tested their “protocol” to see what would happen if I never checked yes and never submitted my vaccination card, and there was no follow up. - Lastly, while 80% of the time it is really fun to work at such a young company, 20% of the time it became quite cliquey. Made up gossip spreads like wildfire, and it is d r a m a t I c. But, those people reveal themselves quite quickly, so you can avoid them relatively easilyContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Tax AccountantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Generally good pay. Good benefits.
HR does not have your back, they choose the company first. They care more about their performance and the satisfaction of their investors rather than it's employees. Company has high employee turnover in all departments. Definitely a sink or swim culture.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 26, 2022 - AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Opportunity to lead projects right out of the gate.
Lots of travel on development side.
Invenergy Reviews FAQs
Invenergy has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 217 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Invenergy to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.
84% of Invenergy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Invenergy 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.