Ivie Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Warren C. Ivie

Pros
  • Great people who work together to help each other and fanatically serve clients (in 10 reviews)

• Great Culture and plenty of company events (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for most people unless you are the owners good friend (in 9 reviews)

• Balancing growth is always challenging with work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

1. "Assistant Media Buyer - Good Culture/Boring Work"

Former Employee - Assistant Media Buyer in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Media Buyer in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Ivie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture, great people, good insurance

Cons

not a lot of time off, work is very monotonous. Beginning salary is poor..

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage culture and supporting employee growth from within

Apr 17, 2017 – HR Recruiter

We appreciate your thoughts and feedback! Thank you!

2. "Things to know; Worked in multiple locations."

Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incredibly efficient and productive.
    Have identified how to make a profit in areas most agencies avoid. (Think high volume low margin.)
    Tremendous growth for an organization.
    You will gain more experience in one here than you will in two years at another agency.
    Project turn-a-round time is incredible and we efficiently accomplish more than any other agencies I have worked for with fewer staff.
    Operationally, we are a very well engineered and oiled machine.

Cons

We don't reward our all-stars.
    Bonus structures don't reward performers.
    We haven't created a culture of mentorship.
    If feels like we expect our employees to be available 24/7.
    The easiest way to get a promotion it to move locations - that unfortunately punishes employees who are specialist working across all clients at HQ.
    While we accomplish things that most agencies can't, we have created a workaholic culture. -I shouldn't have to get on to employees for taking conference calls with clients on their vacations, after a baby is born, etc. - it isn't just my team, I could seriously call any director or manager at 9pm, have them answer the phone and solve a client's problem before the next day.
    We do a ton of high level work but don't enter award shows or self promote. - I appreciate the humility but we are an agency! Seriously, when a client ask us to submit our work for them and we win, you have proof that we should do this more.

Advice to Management

I have had many employees leave after 2 year for $20k+ increase. I have been fortunate to have relationships with my subordinates that they feel safe to talk to me about their opportunities. I have to be honest with them and tell them to focus on the opportunity and if it is the right fit, go for it. ($20k increase - you have to go for it.)

We provide a tremendous amount of experience for eager employees but end up burning and churning them. After 7 years, one of my co-workes doubled her salary when she left. Doubled! That speaks to the experience gained here but it also speaks to how we value our experts and all stars. A year after that she was promoted at her new company and proved that she was a huge asset to us.

OT for employees under 47K shifted a huge workload to senior employees that were already working heavy hours. - Should have run an algorithm to identify hours billed by position, then identified typical billings and then adjusted rates and billings accordingly. That cost should be shifted to clients: 1. They deal with the same thing and 2 we are a better value than our competitors.

Don't be fearful of increasing rates that have been stagnant for the last 5 years.

We need to be more vocal in recognizing our all stars. - The worst thing I was told by an employee was that I was the only person who ever told them thank you or good job. Affirmation needs to come from our senior leaders and be a continual driver to culture. Our services departments like IT, Prepress, Accounting, Print Buyers, etc. all help me do my job well and we don't publicly tell them thank you enough. The argument that "it is their job" and they should be thankful for it says more about the people who think that way than anything. We need an executive push to thank the people who do their jobs well. If you are a VP or higher, take 5 mins once month and call 1 employee who has done a great job and tell them you appreciate them. That is 60 min over one year. You waste more time on conference calls waiting for clients to get on the line in a month than that.

That is the interesting thing about the reviews here. I can see that we burned a lot of people and I can tell who many are by what they said. I would suggest that we didn't say thank you enough.

We accomplish more in 3 months than most agencies do in a year. Lets be proud of it!

Our new acquisitions are interesting and help growth but we need to ensure we set the same expectations with them that we have for ourselves. We should also consider rotating leaders across business units. That would develop our leaders better and give a better perspective to our divisions.

3. "Media Buyer"

Current Employee - Media Buyer in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Media Buyer in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends at work but most will be leaving soon.

Cons

Constant change, low salaries, Directors do not care about anything other than their own positions.

Advice to Management

Bring in new business so the company can afford the staff.

Jun 26, 2017 – HR Recruiter

We strive to create the best working environment possible at Ivie. If you have any questions or further feedback, our HR department would be more than happy to speak with you!

4. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Ivie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is amazing family atmosphere and culture. Great owners, management and coworkers. They offer a continuous possibility to learn and grow in your career.

Cons

Work scope in this particular office is dependent on two major clients and that can sometimes be a little stressful and uncertain. Other than than there are none!

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Recruiter

We appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for your dedicated service to our organization!

5. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the greatest companies I have ever worked for. They are a family oriented company that truly values their employees. They do their best to ensure a work life balance.

Cons

Currently none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to train and develop your employees.

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your dedicated service to our organization!

6. "Traffic Manager"

Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They strive to hire good people who are looking out for each other. Functioning as a team is important.

Cons

It can be a challenge to have a solid development plan. It's hard to continue growing.

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for your honest feedback! We would like to help you with your development plan. Please reach out to a member of your HR department (we are ready and willing to help in whatever capacity we can ... More

"Ivie is different"

Current Employee - Production Artist in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Ivie full-time

Pros

When a job talks about promoting culture and family, you might roll your eyes. Thing is- they mean it. So many opportunities for connections over paid lunches, weekly breakfast, learning events, and after hours gatherings. I've never worked anywhere with so little in-camp arguing and backstabbing. It's a culture for sure! And the clients are excellent!

Cons

I make peanuts. Took such a paycut to come to Ivie, but I'm happy there otherwise.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the cost of living in a few of your locations. If needs be, adjust the cost of other perks in order to pay a working wage to your employees.

"Opportunities are what you make of them"

Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ivie is a great place to launch a career in marketing and advertising. With the company constantly growing, there are always opportunities to explore new challenges. Leaders are almost always promoted from within, meaning that many of the new hire opportunities are more entry level. Ivie gives you plenty of opportunities to take control of your own career path and to define your own future.

Cons

Ivie can sometimes be very slow to add additional resources, which can often put burdens on existing teams to increase workloads to accommodate. Ivie does this to protect the associates that they have rather than proactively hiring for anticipated growth that may or may not come.

If you are looking for a place to clock in at 8 and clock out at 5 every day, ivie is likely not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Provide more power and insights to middle management - with so many VPs and SVPs, decisions often get made at a very high level without explanations or clarification trickling down to the rest of our associates in a timely manner.

9. "I Like Ivie"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for some of the top retail corporations in Dallas and Ivie is definitely at the top in my book in terms of culture and overall job satisfaction. In fact, Ivie is second only to a company I worked for that employs over 3 million employees. Ivie hosts a nice combo of corporate and agency structure which allows for a solid feeling of job security and an energetic, creative atmosphere.

Cons

Work to assure employees take onus of their mistakes and not blame others when things go wrong; Instead, work with colleagues to correct issues and provide solutions, especially when working together remotely. Maintain a kind, positive, professional attitude.

A higher pay scale will retain employees longer.

Advice to Management

Work to strengthen relations between onsite and offsite employees.

"Production Technician"

Current Employee - Production Tech in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Production Tech in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team environment, culture and clients. Working with a team you genuinely enjoy being around helps offset the cons.

Cons

Slow to hire on additional help when needed. Growth in the company is a long shot as upper management seems to move around within each other or hire friends/family. Never expect an 8 hour day or a consistent schedule. Hourly pay is subpar.

Advice to Management

Hire additional employees with experience, create steady schedules for staff and truly allow a work/life balance that is often preached.