JetSmarter Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
JetSmarter CEO Sergey Petrossov
Sergey Petrossov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Easygoing, fast-paced office environment and hard-working team" (in 7 reviews)

• "Beautiul office space and great location" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Keep Soaring!"

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time

Pros

The hiring process was amazing, the training was amazing, and my team is amazing...I love it!!!

My introduction to the company was sooo pleasant and I already feel like family.

Cons

None. Maybe have doughnuts on Fridays :)

Advice to Management

Thank you!!!

"The Truth Is"

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location of the Sunshine State of Florida

Cons

Do not bother with this company. There is plainly nothing special or beneficially about this company if you are looking for a career.

The average turnover rate is 1.5 years with employees searching for another job after a few months.
    Surely if the average is 1 year there is something wrong with the company and no one in management wants to research the problem.

There is extended overtime hours (with no pay) which has turned to lack of employee’s motivation and tiredness fatigue with no benefits in doing so. Employees even work on their ‘days off’ for a few hours.
    They do not give acknowledgment to their employees if they do it’s a marketing stunt. This past National Employee Appreciation Day we received Chick-Fil-A for lunch! Great to know that we are valued the same as a chicken and some fries.

The idea of a balanced work and life does not exist so if you have a family or a personal life with a partner this company is not for you especially if you are socially active. If you preferred to work every minute and second with no outside social activities then go for it!

There is no growth for improvement in terms of promotion they will just stick the word ‘senior’ on your already ‘Manager or Lead’ job title with no rise of salary but more work and fewer opportunities to grow.

Majority of the supervisors are all in their mid-20s with no experience in managing people or leading their departments which is embarrassing. Most of the supervisors at this company fire their employees because they are nervous that the employees will overturn them with ideas and improvements for the company, they do not appreciate feedback or ideas of improvements in workflows activities. Supervisors just want the employees to kiss their feet and just listen to them even if an employee has some type of recommendation and advice to give the department which shows that they are very closed minded individuals.

HR has no sympathy for its employees if there is a problem in the workplace the HR department states it's not their problem and to bring it up with our supervisors, even if the problem is the overall department including the supervisors.
    These “Positive” reviews were actually written by the department to attract people to the company which is unethical.

Upper management has no idea what is going on or knows anything about their company they are more like puppets to the company image with no true idea of experience, leadership or even motivate. Upper management just wants to increase the value of the company and sell the organization and destroy each employee's future plans for a career. Most of the time upper management just play puppets with its employee by stating one thing and meaning another.

The company is failing internal and exterior in the public eye, heard that our own members know about the difficult situation employees are facing at this company and the people who have experience who wants to help this company grow in the right direction are treated like mad dogs.

The only reason why I stayed for this long is due to my apartment leasing contract but it will be expiring in the upcoming month and then I will be home free of this so-called ‘exciting and luxurious’ company.

JetSmarter is not worth pursuing do not make the mistake I did. I dreamed of this company due to the image HR and hiring managers created but within those walls that glamour and freedom vanished instantly.
    There are millions of companies that take care of their employees because they believe in the idea of growth and opportunities for their employees but this company was a waste of my time, energy, education (They state that you need a college degree but in reality you don’t as long as you follow commands they will hire you), and effort.
    On their hiring website, “COMPLACENT COMFORT-SEEKERS NEED NOT APPLY. BOUNDARY-PUSHING OVERACHIEVERS WELCOME” This statement is truly is false, JetSmarter just want people who just follow directions and do not have an opinion or open-mindedness.

Advice to Management

Please open your eyes or your people will start to leave!

3. "Accounting Dept Review"

Former Employee - Accountant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Lots of freedom to complete work on your time, great bosses who let you perform on your own

Cons

Boring work, On-Call Hours, Nothing challenging and not much verticality

"nice company"

Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there is good culture and no hard work. There is a lot of benefit if you are willing to put in hard yards. When i joined there were other companies too but jetsmarter have toppled them all.

Cons

limited leaves are proving to be a problem

Advice to Management

please increase leave count

"Not for slackers..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday is something new. Its not your usually 9-5 job just sitting behind a desk doing the same tasks over and over. No matter what position you are in, you are required to actually THINK. This place is for people that are hardworking, motivated and driven by more than just a "hey, good job" or money. It's for those that want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing air travel. If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to just disconnect since everything everyone does is vital to the organization.

Advice to Management

Remember we are all a team.

6. "Love JetSmarter!"

Current Employee - Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to have an impact in any job you have. They trust you to connect with members and represent the company to people all over the country. It’s not an easy job and days are long but it is very rewarding.

Cons

This is a startup so we work long days that are non-stop which can be intense. Some people don’t do well in that environment but those that do thrive.

Advice to Management

Hire more people!

"Shuttles Experience"

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere depending on the day.
    Great health insurance

Cons

No communication between departments
    Company is too much in the corporation mindset, way too soon
    Salary ties you into working far more hours than the 40 you're supposed to work
    Directors have no idea how their department works, pile on loads of additional work
    Lacks overall culture

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees on what can be done to make JetSmarter run better. The very rare email stating how you care for your employees makes no impact at all, we know it isn't true. Look at the retention rates of people working here. People only stay because they believe in the CEO's dream, however management destroys it a little more everyday.

"JetSmarter"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JetSmarter is one of the most exciting young companies around and I happen to be lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a part of something special. Since we are a younger company that is currently in hyper growth mode there is oppotrunity for advancement in almost every department which to me is the most important factor when looking at a career.

Cons

I absoltely nothing negative to say about JetSmarter. I truly love the company.

"Exciting, fast paced work environment"

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time

Pros

This office gives "work hard, play harder" an entirely new meaning.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit too fast paced. Not the best communication.

Advice to Management

Communication could definitely be better

"Challenging"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office space, amenities, and people

Cons

A lot of miscommunication from upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect.