JetSmarter Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

JetSmarter CEO Sergey Petrossov
Sergey Petrossov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work environment was very entrepreneurial, and everyone was very driven" (in 7 reviews)

• "Easygoing, fast-paced office environment and hard-working team" (in 7 reviews)

"nice company"

Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there is good culture and no hard work. There is a lot of benefit if you are willing to put in hard yards. When i joined there were other companies too but jetsmarter have toppled them all.

Cons

limited leaves are proving to be a problem

Advice to Management

please increase leave count

"Poorest run company of all time"

Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office was pretty awesome and events were on another level which happened multiple times a week. One of the reasons they are going downnnnn BUT thanks for the good time lol.

Cons

The CEO, Sergey and his wife CCO, Lolita are the biggest jokes and cowards of all time. I was actually very successful at JetSmarter and had a great time but always knew the company would eventually go under bc of the leadership. They simply ran the company in the ground. Whenever I saw Sergey in the hall I would say hi and he would look at the floor and not say a word. This was everyday and Lolita who knows nothing about nothing treated people like trash. I also had a good relationship with her bc she knew not to talk to me the way she did to others. They literally bought a multi million dollar house with the investor's money so I guess they made out ok but not in the long term. I certainly learned that you need to look at the leadership team before joining a company and that's why I am blessed to be working for my current employer. The executive team is on a another level.

Advice to Management

Don't steal and lie to investors, employees and everyone else. KARMA

"Good luck to anyone involved.."

Former Employee - Shuttle Experience Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Shuttle Experience Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JetSmarter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hours were not monotonous (9-5)
    Customer Interaction
    Not stuck at desk or in front of computer all day

Cons

Broken promises of company
    Lies to members
    Extreme pay cut near the end of my time

Advice to Management

I know you all tried to do your best to keep the company afloat and rolled with the punches, so I hope it leads to better things in the end.

"Don't Do It!"

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits offered to employees were great. Made some friends with coworkers

Cons

Changes - so many changes with no communication from anyone. We found out most company changes from members or newsletters that marketing sent out to all members prior to informing employees.
    There is no appreciation for all of the work you do for the company. The executives and management don't care about you, they just want you to work your butt off. Also, there is no job security. You don't know if you'll show up to work and the doors are locked -the company has no money and the money they do have is paying lawyers for all the lawsuits they have against them.
    Make sure you are doing your research before applying - reach out to current and former employees and ask them about it. Just Google JetSmarter and you'll see whats going on. Ask a lot of questions in your interview - be very clear in what you are looking for before you accept or sign anything.

Advice to Management

No advice because JetSmarter is in the situation it is now because it doesn't listen to its employees.

"Stay away!! (Top 5 worst companies in south Florida)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work and not much oversight. Extremely cramped working environment, but fun to be in a conference room with your whole team.

Cons

- Constant risk of the company going out of business.

- Frequent restructurings and employee group firings.

- Unskilled/inexperienced senior management (all very young and unqualified)

- Below market compensation

Advice to Management

Mgmt needs to actually manage its employees. Why do tech support and admins have free reign?

"Minimal Staff and NO Members"

I worked at JetSmarter full-time

Pros

-Fresh, excited co-workers who want to do a great job
    -401k
    -You learn a ton of PR skills at this job, because they are always in the press

Cons

-No transparency from management or executive team. We would find out about membership changes or bad press from the members calling in.

-They let go almost all of the 16th floor in late August, and moved the remaining few to the 19th floor.

-As of now there are 9 lawsuits alleging the company committed fraud, which is really tough when you have to put them on your resume and future employers google them.

Advice to Management

No advice, because the few managers they have left don't listen anyway.

7. "Operations"

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JetSmarter’s life cycle is in dog years you will be challenged and develop your tech knowledge and interpersonal skills very quickly. It a great place to work the employees are the group of people I worked with.

Cons

Great benefits PTO but no time to take it .. workload was demanding

Advice to Management

Listen to your team that’s leadership.

"A company that will go out of business very soon"

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 19th floor office was nice and so was the 16th. But since they doesn’t have any money and laid-off half the company they moved everyone to the 19th.

Cons

Took away all benefits and management has no idea what they are doing. The executive turnover here is ridiculous and nobody can get the job done because the business model doesn’t work. Now investors know this and will sell or close the doors soon. Employees and members beware.

JetSmarter Response

Dec 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re very sorry to hear your experience with JetSmarter, we strive to make our engagement a priority. While we have not laid off half our company nor have taken away any benefits, we are always... More

"Waste of Space"

I worked at JetSmarter full-time

Pros

Few to none. They started of great and lots of wonderful promises but I was quickly let down on just about all of them

Cons

The management team is terrible. They make decisions based on a whim. There was quite a few times they would put a new policy in place, alert the members, and then the employees would later find out of the new policy from the members instead of the management team.
    Management did NOT disclose their ranks and would get extremely offended if someone went to a management member that was not the next in line... Which is understandably an issue, however, if it is never disclosed to the staff who is next in line then well that's them.
    There was poor work/life balance. It was almost impossible to schedule anything outside of work because your schedule would change almost daily.
    It was just an overall poor experience. It felt like management would react instead of taking the time to think through their decisions.

"Not Recommended"

I worked at JetSmarter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were pros to working here but unfortunately most of those are now gone. They used to cover health insurance but no longer do that. They used to pay over industry standard but have since changed pay structures. They used to offer cool benefits such as an employee spa which is now gone. They have event removed the nice water filter machines. One pro that still exists is that the office space is beautiful. It is now packed since they closed office space on floors 16 and 18 and moved everyone to the same floor but it is still a nice space.

Cons

Management makes it clear that they do not care about the employees. Employees are tools to them. Unfortunately many of the executives do not know the industry and treat it like other companies they have worked at before, expecting the strategy of a 99 cent domain name company to transfer over to the luxury market. There is no job stability. You constantly feel like you might lose your job even if you are a hard worker who does a great job for them. Unfortunately the pay structures have been changed so that putting up with all of this is not worth it. Legal is dealing with tons of law suits. Accounting is dealing with a nightmare amount of work trying to figure the finances out. The entire vibe in the office is negative. Employees are worked to the bone and appreciation is rarely shown. In fact, the CEO has scorned employees in the renewals department in the past when they were attempting and failing to renew members who were completely screwed by JetSmarter. Unfortunately it is extremely hard to protect your reputation here. Employees are being brought up in law suits for things they had no control over.

Advice to Management

I would suggest listening to employee feedback. The employees are who talk to the clients and know what would make them happy. We all understand that changes were needed but the way you go about it with no apology or explanation is infuriating to members. Communicate with the members! Your lack of communication skills is absolutely astonishing. When an employee works extremely hard for you, thank them. It takes 5 seconds.