JetStream Ground Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marc J Des Noyers

"The Perfect Place for an Independent Thinker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time

Pros

The job is great, and there's always something to do. The pay for my position was great, and I had a lot of freedom to create my ideal work environment.

Cons

Local management sucks. Avoid it at all costs. Try not to take it personally when you're getting screamed at for somebody else's mistake. It'll happen.

Advice to Management

It's time to reevaluate past decisions. Maybe take HR complaints more seriously. They're not going to stop unless there is a leadership adjustment.

"Lead"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at JetStream Ground Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with airplanes and some of the people.

Cons

Alot, first the pay for what you do is very low. Second, upper management is clueless to what they are doing but it is not their fault because every decision made in house MUST go through the corporate office in sunny Jupiter Florida. Regional directors are completely oblivious to how to run an operation.

Advice to Management

Get out of your chair once in a while and go and work with the employees to see what they go through. To corporate management, make your way to Pittsburgh from your sunny Florida office, put on a little vest and get into a cargo bin for once in your life and see what we do to pad your pockets.

"DONT WORK AT THIS PRISON !!!!!!!!!( DONT EVEN APPLY FOR THIS JOB !!!!!!!"

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time

Pros

They dont have any

Cons

They won't let you call off even if your sick and about to fall over and die !! .some supervisors are mean and they don't care about your feelings .they sit on their butts and tell you to get this and that for them like your a slave or their child .some fall asleep on the planes and in the company cars LAZY !!!!!!!... They don't have enough people to work for them and I see why me and others got away from this PRISON . I wasnt happy at this place it felt like a PRISON YARD and not WORK . the employees are not friendly at all and I dont blame them they are getting treat horrible . the lady that runs jetstream is super mean and doesn't care about her employees Either . I never seen her say or do anything nice for people .. She will hire you and if you dont do what she wants then your gone . they need to get rid of her as well ...she is like the warden of the prison the evil queen . they dont even have good equipment for you to do the job right so you gotta work extra hard.. They say your saftey is first but that is a LIE!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and show them that you care for them and their HEALTH .LET ThEM GO HOME IF THEY ARE SICK !!!! Stop making them work with a sickness . give out more awards for things to make them feel more appreciated and want to work harder . get better managers and team leaders ... Stop half training people and just throwing people out there to drown and then u get upset because they dont know what to do . you dont have a good trainer the supervisors have to train u and they dont want to .

"My experience"

Former Employee - Aircraft Cleaner in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I can't write anything good about this company.

Cons

They work their employees even if extremely sick. The supervisors sleep on the job I caught two of my supervisors sleeping instead of cleaning the aircraft or helping the teams. When I brought attention to my supervisors about a sexual harrasment claim they asked for details and suspended the man, but after they suspended him everyone treated me as if it was my fault that I got sexually harrased. The whole overnight crew treated me like an outsider and were extremely rude and abrassive towards me. Some of the shift leads would blame the crew for a write up they got and then tell the person to never talk, or look at them. JetStream says safety first but safety isn't their concern. I have a heart condition and when I was about to pass out and it was visible that I was about to pass out they pushed me harder to get my plane done. JetStreams main concern is quantity not the quality of the aircraft. When I went to my supervisors and managers about how people were treating me they just blew it off like it was nothing. I felt like the only way to get out of the bullying was to quit. I would never recommend anyone to apply to this company.

"Worst company ever."

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Benefits are bad. What good is health insurance when the deductible is so high you pay out of pocket anyway.

Cons

Poor management. The pencil pushers have no clue. They fire good workers and keep the ones who are know to be one drugs. Illegal gambling. Abusive coworkers. Constant fighting. Cleaners do not get breaks. Ramp do only at down time as long as it is a good day. Equipment sucks. This is at Pittsburgh airport.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people not like slave labor. Remember they are the ones working to pay your ridiculous salary.

"RUN LIKE HELL"

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time

Pros

Always new faces. Hiring is a revolving door. Always hiring because there are never enough people. Plenty of indefinite overtime.

Cons

Everything. The pay, staffing, lack of care from corporate, inefficient human resources, embarrassing sense of urgency. Mickey Mouse corporation from the very top.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers and employees your lack of employees is a lack of company respect for the work force and poor human resource strategies. Stop hiring family members into management and recruit good candidates.

8. "Advancement Opportunity, Great work enviroment."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at JetStream Ground Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Jetstream for 3 years now. The company followed by management gave me the opportunity to grow in higher roles. It's a great work environment. I enjoy to come in and work everyday. This is a excellent company for anyone who is seeking for an advancement and growth. Highly recommend to work with Jetstream!.

Cons

There is no Flight benefits.

"Less advancement opportunity, management is unprofessional, employees discrimination"

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good start, the operations director was nice, i couldnt find more dear readers, the website requires 20 word min :/

Cons

No bonuses, no opportunities, managers are unprofessional, personal preferences by managers towards employees, benefits are worthless, operations are chaotic,, they promised me a different pay wage at the first

Advice to Management

Management needs to be enhanced by hiring educated people who can apply the new century approaches and practices

"Cargo agent at jetstream"

Former Employee - Cargo Agent in Matthews, NC
    Former Employee - Cargo Agent in Matthews, NC

I worked at JetStream Ground Services (More than a year)

Pros

Location,good co-workers.No flight advantages or discounts.Work material handling equipment is dated and unsafe. There is no security at night and access to the ramp could easily be breached to the ramp because usually there is only one person on shift after 9 pm.The ware house is not automated with a (WMS) warehouse management system. inventory and locations are written manually and later entered into data system.This delays a real time inventory for customers.

Cons

Bad Vacation,benefits,and time off allowed.Low job security,lots of layoffs to turn around a month later with a re-hire rush.

"A job and that's about it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A pay check. I really can't say much more.

Cons

Low pay, dangerous environment to be rushed in around aircraft. No breaks really, constantly being rushed to work faster and harder. Management has no clue. They hide in their air conditioned office while you work like a slave. Dirty break room and offices. Equipment that doesn't work, never enough help to do the job. There are people who work really hard and others that do nothing. The company will lie about pay and benefits. You will work in the airline industry, but have zero respect and none of the benefits that people work in the industry for. This job will show just how prominent the pecking order is between people who do slave labor for almost no pay for people who fly first class and have you to pick up their trash and mess.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and see what's going on or actually care about it.