JetStream Ground Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Marc J Des Noyers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Importance of Bird in Hand"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to advance staff into management positions

Cons

Spread too thin. Lack of oversight and slow response to change.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customers you already have more and less on potential expansion.

2. "Ops"

Pros

Flex sch benefits dental pto

Cons

Poor management Handbook used as target tool

3. "Customer Service Agent"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Savannah, GA

I worked at JetStream Ground Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for this company at the Savannah location. No flight benefits and no room for growth.

Cons

The manager and supervisor at the Savannah location has no respect for their employees. They yell and scream at the workers and threaten to fire them everyday. Also, they don't pay very well and they will shorten your pay if you don't keep track, even when you do keep track they still don't do their jobs very well at getting you paid for your hours.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to hire leaders that are competent and have people management skills so that there is not such a high turn over which in fact causes the company a lot more. Management should invest in more workers as well instead of running on a skeleton staff and applying pressure to loyal employees who already work under poor conditions. Supplies are limited and one cannot perform their job well if they are not provided with the resources to do so. Jetstream just lost a contract in Florida and to how things are looking they may lose their contract in Savannah with Air Canada who just started in May 2017.

4. "cargo"

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of overtime due to staffing issues

Cons

lots of turnover, minimal training

5. "Great job! Horrible horrible management."

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Columbus, OH

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other people on the ramp! Great group! The work is
    Hard but you're always moving. The day goes by so fas!

Cons

No formal training yet you're held responsible for tasks that you've never done... Horrible manager, no flight benefits, high turnover...

Advice to Management

No advice....

6. "Ops agent"

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Savannah, GA

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not one pro

Cons

Long hours low pay bad management

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and stop thinking about yourself all the time and remember it's not all about you

7. "great"

Pros

good management and co workers

Cons

low pay and time hours

"Lead"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at JetStream Ground Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with airplanes and some of the people.

Cons

Alot, first the pay for what you do is very low. Second, upper management is clueless to what they are doing but it is not their fault because every decision made in house MUST go through the corporate office in sunny Jupiter Florida. Regional directors are completely oblivious to how to run an operation.

Advice to Management

Get out of your chair once in a while and go and work with the employees to see what they go through. To corporate management, make your way to Pittsburgh from your sunny Florida office, put on a little vest and get into a cargo bin for once in your life and see what we do to pad your pockets.

"The Perfect Place for an Independent Thinker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time

Pros

The job is great, and there's always something to do. The pay for my position was great, and I had a lot of freedom to create my ideal work environment.

Cons

Local management sucks. Avoid it at all costs. Try not to take it personally when you're getting screamed at for somebody else's mistake. It'll happen.

Advice to Management

It's time to reevaluate past decisions. Maybe take HR complaints more seriously. They're not going to stop unless there is a leadership adjustment.

"DONT WORK AT THIS PRISON !!!!!!!!!( DONT EVEN APPLY FOR THIS JOB !!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Aircraft Cleaner in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Aircraft Cleaner in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at JetStream Ground Services full-time

Pros

They dont have any

Cons

They won't let you call off even if your sick and about to fall over and die !! .some supervisors are mean and they don't care about your feelings .they sit on their butts and tell you to get this and that for them like your a slave or their child .some fall asleep on the planes and in the company cars LAZY !!!!!!!... They don't have enough people to work for them and I see why me and others got away from this PRISON . I wasnt happy at this place it felt like a PRISON YARD and not WORK . the employees are not friendly at all and I dont blame them they are getting treat horrible . the lady that runs jetstream is super mean and doesn't care about her employees Either . I never seen her say or do anything nice for people .. She will hire you and if you dont do what she wants then your gone . they need to get rid of her as well ...she is like the warden of the prison the evil queen . they dont even have good equipment for you to do the job right so you gotta work extra hard.. They say your saftey is first but that is a LIE!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and show them that you care for them and their HEALTH .LET ThEM GO HOME IF THEY ARE SICK !!!! Stop making them work with a sickness . give out more awards for things to make them feel more appreciated and want to work harder . get better managers and team leaders ... Stop half training people and just throwing people out there to drown and then u get upset because they dont know what to do . you dont have a good trainer the supervisors have to train u and they dont want to .