JetSuite Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
JetSuite CEO Alex Wilcox
Alex Wilcox

"Challenging work with an dedicated team"

I have been working at JetSuite full-time

Pros

Fairly young group of hard-working professionals. Most people are very motivated, which I love. If you put yourself out there you can work across many departments and learn the behind-the-scenes: everything from how to operate a charter airline to how to market and sell it to how to run the business and HR side of things. There is even a bi-weekly training session for Directors on how to become a better leader.

Cons

Almost impossible to get promoted once at the Director level (has occurred once since company inception and, while it was very well deserved, was due in part to turnover).

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing. Perhaps implement some sort of quarterly town hall so we can hear a little more about your thought processes. Don't mind the people on here complaining about the tough work, not treating clients equally, looking at one-off instances, etc. That's how companies work and some people are not cut out for challenging work surrounding a fast-paced industry or high-end product.

"No development but great people"

I worked at JetSuite full-time

Pros

Some of the best damn people I have ever worked with. Co-workers are nice, very fun, and very hard working. Product is cool and office amenities (aka snacks in the break room) are nice.

Cons

Over-time is a must. If you aren't there 8+ hours a day it's almost frowned upon in management. Time off is also difficult to take/get approved in some departments and there are no paid holidays or sick days.
    Very difficult to get promoted or get a raise. There is no real review/development plan process. You have to get "in" with upper management to be able to move up the ladder.
    Understaffed (making for long work hours) in some departments and the recruiter there doesn't seem to do much about it.

Advice to Management

Get serious about developing your employees are give them something more to work for other than just you. You have some of the best people out there working for you - show them you know that and care about it.

"Spare yourself and don't come on board"

I have been working at JetSuite full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck and partially paid for health insurance

Cons

What a horrible place to work. Management is full of themselves. False promises and no opportunities for advancement unless you play their game and stroke their egos. Spare yourself and don't apply. A male dominated culture. Many types of discrimination by upper management.

JetSuite Response

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. As you are aware, JetSuite promotes an open culture of communication, and we want to ensure your concerns are being addressed. We ... More

"Fun place with cool perks!"

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at JetSuite (Less than a year)

Pros

- free "suite deal" flights
    - reduced airfare from southwest
    - start up environment
    - free snacks

Cons

- low hourly pay
    - sometimes an exclusive and unprofessional environment
    - not shut down on holidays
    - often work overtime
    - no formal training
    - a little disorganized

Advice to Management

keep it up!

"Great place to gain experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Get to work on large projects and give direct input to management.
    -Interface with CEO, President, and other executive on a daily basis.
    -Cross training allows an employee to learn a great deal about aviation, customer service, sales, and airline operations is a very short amount of time.
    -Pay is competitive for the industry.
    -Some of the best people you will ever work with or learn from.

Cons

-Opportunities for advancement are far and few between.
    -Management is typically impulsive which causes inconsistency for clients and employees.
    -There are almost as many managers and supervisors as there are entry level employees.
    -Managers spend more time on projects and extra curricular tasks than on dealing with daily activities and issues.
    -While the employees are great people, the general demeanor in the office is one of frustration and unhappiness toward management due to a lack of accountability or assistance on their part.
    -The company values are not followed by the executive team which really makes it hard to get other managers and employees to get on board.

Advice to Management

Focus on treating employees like they matter, and make yourselves available to actually help, without sarcasm or brushing an issue away. Executive level management is so disconnected from the front line employees that it's almost sickening, considering these employees interface with them on a daily basis. They are disconnected from processes and policies and often want issues to be handled one off based on who the passenger/client is in a given situation (all clients are not treated equally).

The management team really needs to realize how talented and able the entry level employees are and give them the tools they need to make JetSuite reach it's goals.

JetSuite Response

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write your concerns. We value your input and encourage you to exercise your ability to bring your thoughts to upper management. As you are aware ... More

7. "Still enjoying JetSuite!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona del Mar, CA

I have been working at JetSuite (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, exciting and growing company. Great opportunities to advance quickly for smart, hard working employees.

Cons

Employee performance expectations are high.

"Director of Mission Control"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, growing company with strong potential

Cons

If you are not up for the risk associated with a growing company, it's not for you

"Growing company with opportunity to see your impact - you will not be "just a number""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at JetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Each department has it's own sub-culture based on the nature of their job duties, but everyone gets along with and helps one another, regardless of department or job title. JetSuite is still growing and offers many growth opportunities to those who work for it. Everyone works hard and expects their counterparts to do the same. The people have always been the best part about working here, and hopefully always will. Everyone cares about one another and do all they can to help if you need something (professionally or personally - within reason). They provide a stocked break room with coffee, fruits/vegetables, cheese, chips, and many other snack foods.

Cons

They're no longer a full on start up, but still only ~5 years old so they're in a "tween" stage. This is awesome, but also awkward. When things need to change you can make a recommendation and see it done by the end of the day or week. Sometimes you make a suggestion and see it happen 6 months later, if at all - even though it could or should be done quickly. Systems and processes need constant adjustment to account for current and future growth, but this can only get done as man-power and money permit.

10. "Former Pilot - High Quality Training"

Former Employee - Captain in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Captain in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

JetSuite is run by former 121 airline people who take that approach in the charter world. True pros, which is often unwelcome in the murky charter world (I know, I've worked for a few others). I now have a job at Alaska Airlines and my instructors here said I was among the best prepared former charter guys they had ever seen. I attribute that to the discipline and training I received at JetSuite.

Cons

It used to be just a year to upgrade, now as the company has grown it takes over 2 years to upgrade to captain.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

11. "Amazing, Fast Growing, Already a nation-wide player."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Start-Up Environment, Values Led, Passionate Leadership. Unlike a few of the (likely fired or disgruntled) hiring mistakes who left anonymous reviews here might indicate, this company is 100% committed to safety. The roughly 200 people who do actually work here know it, and our pilots will not accept unsafe flights or airplanes - ever. Don't be fooled. Don't believe anyone who calls the company "small" or "niche" - JetSuite is top of the charts in the Private Aviation sector, already flying over 20,000 hours a year coast to coast. Google it. There are literally only a couple larger operators in the world.

Cons

Start-Up Environment, can lead to rapid changes, system upgrades, internal growth. If you are looking for a 9 to 5 easy paycheck, don't apply.

Advice to Management

We need more tools to better communicate with and focus on our clients. We sometimes lose the plot between departments and not all departments realize that this company exists primarily to serve its customers.