Jobcase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Frederick Goff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Jobcase walks the walk!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ME

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• We are provided the opportunity to work with some of the most intelligent thought leaders in the industry.
    • There is an overwhelming sense of equality, no one is better than the other regardless of their role in the company from our CEO to our interns
    • Our employees are working on things that they love and that are incredibly impactful to the company and our members
    • Employees are treated with a tremendous amount of respect, given transparency into the goals of the company, and are shown constant appreciation
    • Leadership strives to educate and help their teams instead of just giving orders. There is a much more personal aspect to their management style.
    • We have a ton of fun! We may work hard, but we are constantly celebrating in the wins together.
    • There is a high level of cross-team collaboration
    • We're encouraged to pursue our passions and interests within the company that may be slightly outside of our normal roles.
    • We don't just say we're members 1st, we ARE members 1st
    • We're extremely committed to giving back to the community and participate in monthly events
    • Leadership encourages us to really get to know each other and to spend time with people outside of our own teams
    • Extremely competitive benefits that continue to be improved!
    • Our opinions and opinions are heard and utilized
    • All the fresh fruit, snacks, and all the seltzer your heart desires.

Cons

• The food, I think I've gained 5 lbs. since I joined

Advice to Management

Please continue along the path of honesty and transparency that you've created. Regardless of good or bad, it builds the trust we all need. And keep allowing us to be owners and have a seat at the table where we're able to vocalize ideas and be heard.

"Jobcase is an East Coast rocketship"

Current Employee - Designer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Designer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A true meritocracy where everyone can voice their opinion and be treated with respect. Culture and leadership enable and endorse personal and professional growth through projects initiation.

Cons

A very dynamic environment that may result in re-org from time to time. Leadership is very attentive and responsive but if you're change averse and cannot quickly adapt this might not be the ideal workplace for you.

Advice to Management

Don't mess up the culture.

"Inspiring and challenging"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think this is a fantastic place to work. I would like to highlight two big reasons first.
    1. People. Intelligent, caring, kind, productive, hard working, motivated. The spirit of the team is amazing! I consider it a privilege to be surrounded by such a great group of colleagues. World class professionalism.
    2. Mission. We help people with their careers. Jobcase is a lot more than just a place to find information about jobs. People find advice, moral support, encouragement, recognition and acceptance here.

And there is more:
    3. Opportunities and challenges are very interesting. We are building state of the art platform. There is a ton to learn, and a lot of room to grow.
    4. Process and management are amazing. Efficient and focused, we all know why and what we do and how exactly it impacts the business. Meritocracy is one of the core principals.
    5. Everybody works hard, but without sacrifices to personal life. Work life balance is healthy in Jobcase. People with personal and family needs are able to find their perfect schedule and rhythm of work.
    6. We have strong talented leaders.
    7. It is truly fun to work here!

Cons

Some issues that most growing companies face. Processes are changing and adjusting as more people join. New teams are formed, managers are shifted sometimes without explicit notice.
    A lot of knowledge is concentrated in a small group of people.

Not a cons really, but important note. If you are looking for a place where managers tell you what to do, this is not it. You are in driver seat. You advocate and sell your ideas. Jobcase provide a lot of freedom and it comes with a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

You have created a great environment for growth. Don't lose this culture.

"Excellent Company--Awesome Place to Work!"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an exciting and fun company to be working for! Jobcase searched me out on LinkedIn and found me at a time when I was ready for a change. When I looked at their overall ratings on Glassdoor, I could hardly believe all the high scores it had. This company is like no other that I have worked for--everyone is extremely mission-driven and cares about helping people in their job search. It has a refreshingly honest and open communication style, and strives to empower people to do their jobs, so employees can begin achieving goals and contributing right away. One can immediately sense the passion and drive that people have here, and it makes you want to jump right in and keep up with things that are happening. Jobcase is an up-and-coming company in Boston, and I am excited to be a part of helping people find jobs through our online platform! Jobcase is the best employment decision I have made in an extremely long time. Thank you for being an awesome team of people!

Cons

We are outgrowing our space--a good thing in a way, since it means we are growing!

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging people like you are doing and don't lose the passion for the mission. It is excellent and will take us to the next level!

"Unfortunately it is not the company it wants to be"

I worked at Jobcase full-time

Pros

Good Health Insurance
    T Pass
    Great pay
    Some great coworkers

I came in to work every day because I cared about my team. I cared about helping people, real people, find jobs. I got some chances to socialize, I got to laugh with coworkers and was happy to see in others that they cared as much as I did.

Cons

Inattentive, idle, ignorant, or inept management
    Poisonous culture of disrespect
    Money over people, always

I have watched the souls of my most beloved coworkers slowly break. I saw a coworker and friend seemingly intentionally set up for failure. I saw mediocrity rewarded, over and over, with freedom and support, but when I worked through lunches or stayed late to get my job done I was frequently rewarded with yet another urgent email on a Saturday night. And when I spoke up about anything I felt was unfair or needed to be changed, I was told that "that's just your perception," that "that was someone else's fight to fight" or that I didn't see the whole picture. These are not helpful things to hear when you are profoundly unhappy with your position.

I tried to advocate for myself. I was not heard. I tried to advocate for others. I was not heard. Despite the fact that there is a percentage of people I truly, deeply cared about and they cared about me too, I slowly lost my ability to be kind.

Advice to Management

Take a step back. Take a look at what you have. Are you making the right decisions? Are you focusing on the right things? A laser-sharp focus on the bottom line may be helping you drive your profits, but that's not all you need for the future. Do not ignore the people who build or support your product. Do not turn your back on the people who use your product.

Are you allowing your employees to learn and to grow? Do you have the same faith in your ivy-league, hotshot employees as you do in your employees who entered at the bottom? Learn what it takes to start at the bottom and do not forget it.

Radical candor should be a two-way street.

It's not always about money, it should not always be about money.

Do not miss the forest for the trees.

Imitation = / = innovation.

Culture trickles down, the golden rule is not something to be taken lightly. Practice what you preach.

"Growing company with motivated team members"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Jobcase, you will be part of a team of smart and hard-working coworkers working together to get the job done, whatever that may be. Colleagues are very adaptable, ready to adjust quickly to the needs of the company as unexpected issues arise and/or priorities change. Coworkers help one another and share knowledge to other members of the team to ensure everyone is growing.

The company is good at listening to feedback about where you want your career to go, and will help to steer you in a certain direction if working on a another project or team is more aligned with your long-term goals.

Additionally, the company is doing work that directly helps real people, which is always a positive regardless of the industry you work in.

Cons

Some of the technology used is outdated, which starts to show in certain areas of day to day work. The speed at which the company goes sometimes results in sacrifices being made in terms of software quality, though this issue is beginning to be addressed as of late.

"Fun Place with a Noble Goal"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is motivated to execute on their mission, and doesn't just see it as a vehicle of an IPO. That focus has a fantastic radiating effect on the rest of the company where people are motivated to try to take care of each other, and the users or jobcase.com. Up and down the management chain, caring and empathy are core attributes.

Cons

Space is running out... and with that, it's getting tight and loud. Fred is promising to address this, and he's been excellent at keeping his word. Hopefully that will come soon and help.

One challenge of growing up is need to become better at sharing information and communication. Some of the leaders are overcommitted and the pressure means they communicate less effectively. Some become control freaks, and bottleneck all work. It hasn't reached a level of halting progress, but it's a concern. Every leader I've talked to is aware of it and working on it, which is excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've got all the right instincts, please don't let any bumps on the road scare you from your ideals.

"Best company I've worked at"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the perks of an up and coming startup with the foundation or a Fortune 500. From the top down the company is filled with generous, caring, fun, hardworking, like-minded employees. This company has massive plans but doesn't lose sight of the day to day well being of their employees. Everything about this company is consistent with the way they treat their business partners, customers, employees, and everyone in between. A big data company that views its employees as human beings and not numbers in their spreadsheets. It isn't just the perks (Golden rule for benefits) or the generous compensation, it's the day to day effort they make to show their appreciation for their team members.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Boston-Based Company Changing the World"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time

Pros

Jobcase employs the smartest, most passionate, most driven folks I've met in Boston. Management is transparent and open, and CEO Fred Goff is an inspirational and motivational leader. Supportive company culture is backed up by results-driven meritocracy. Comp is high.

Cons

Moves very fast and things change quickly - do not get wedded to an idea or strategy, it changes! Outgrowing current space.

Advice to Management

Candidly, my only response would be to keep doing what we're doing. This is hands down the best place I've ever worked.

"Actually helping people"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Jobcase allows you to make a profound difference in other people's lives. It's amazing to see the impact and joy from the members when they land that new job or even get their foot in the door with a company because of the support and advice they've received in the Jobcase Community. What's more important than waking up every day knowing you have the ability to make a real positive difference in society? Nothing.

Cons

Growing out of our space but that means we are doing things right!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring these amazing team members. It's great to work with people this passionate and driven to make a difference.