Jobcase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frederick Goff

"Fun Place with a Noble Goal"

Current Employee - Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is motivated to execute on their mission, and doesn't just see it as a vehicle of an IPO. That focus has a fantastic radiating effect on the rest of the company where people are motivated to try to take care of each other, and the users or jobcase.com. Up and down the management chain, caring and empathy are core attributes.

Cons

Space is running out... and with that, it's getting tight and loud. Fred is promising to address this, and he's been excellent at keeping his word. Hopefully that will come soon and help.

One challenge of growing up is need to become better at sharing information and communication. Some of the leaders are overcommitted and the pressure means they communicate less effectively. Some become control freaks, and bottleneck all work. It hasn't reached a level of halting progress, but it's a concern. Every leader I've talked to is aware of it and working on it, which is excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've got all the right instincts, please don't let any bumps on the road scare you from your ideals.

"Best company I've worked at"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the perks of an up and coming startup with the foundation or a Fortune 500. From the top down the company is filled with generous, caring, fun, hardworking, like-minded employees. This company has massive plans but doesn't lose sight of the day to day well being of their employees. Everything about this company is consistent with the way they treat their business partners, customers, employees, and everyone in between. A big data company that views its employees as human beings and not numbers in their spreadsheets. It isn't just the perks (Golden rule for benefits) or the generous compensation, it's the day to day effort they make to show their appreciation for their team members.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Boston-Based Company Changing the World"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time

Pros

Jobcase employs the smartest, most passionate, most driven folks I've met in Boston. Management is transparent and open, and CEO Fred Goff is an inspirational and motivational leader. Supportive company culture is backed up by results-driven meritocracy. Comp is high.

Cons

Moves very fast and things change quickly - do not get wedded to an idea or strategy, it changes! Outgrowing current space.

Advice to Management

Candidly, my only response would be to keep doing what we're doing. This is hands down the best place I've ever worked.

"Actually helping people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Jobcase allows you to make a profound difference in other people's lives. It's amazing to see the impact and joy from the members when they land that new job or even get their foot in the door with a company because of the support and advice they've received in the Jobcase Community. What's more important than waking up every day knowing you have the ability to make a real positive difference in society? Nothing.

Cons

Growing out of our space but that means we are doing things right!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring these amazing team members. It's great to work with people this passionate and driven to make a difference.

"Incredible company with important mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jobcase is the BEST Cambridge has to offer - period. JC Members tell us every day how thankful they are for our company. (check it out on Jobcase.com - you'll see it in the Community section of the site!) Plus, working here means you're on a team with the smartest, most caring, motivated, and savvy colleagues in a very smart, caring, savvy town.

It's a very data driven company and moves very fast. That's why clients love us, too.

Managers are accessible, always willing (& expected) to pitch in, and be on the look-out for ways to help staff grow in their career. There's a very strong sense of team spirit at Jobcase, which is important to everyone (including & especially the CEO) as we continue to expand fast.

Focus on Jobcase.com members, clients, and their concerns is always top-of-mind; projects will get changed if we veer off the path of 'doing what's right'.

Personally, I LOVE how mission-driven AND data-driven this company is... it IS possible to have both. I feel lucky to work here.

Cons

Very fast-moving because members and clients LOVE working with Jobcase. Sometimes it's hard to stay focused because there's SO MUCH TO DO. (Fortunately, hiring great people is important, so we're growing fast.)

We're growing out of our office space. (see above note re: hiring)

Advice to Management

KEEP GOING STRONG! You're doing a great job. Continue to stay focused on your employees & members & clients.

"It really is as good as they say"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I was being courted to work here I saw all the glowing reviews and joked that it felt like I was joining a religion. But I've been here over a year now and I have to say, this place lives up to the glowing reviews. We're smart, we're successful, we're making money, we're on a good mission to change people's lives for the better. What more could I ask for? It's true, the pace is frantic and the work is hard - but somehow we manage to still hang out and socialize frequently enough that there's time to stop and catch your breath. Nobody should be working themselves into an early grave. Got a commute? Got kids? One of them's got a dance recital? We get it. You're not the only one. You can have a life and work here, too.

Cons

The place does pride itself on how fast they move, and while I agree that this is the only strategy that works when you're a startup and you've got to get the customer's $$ before your competition does, I don't agree necessarily agree that it will continue to fuel you when you're 10x the size and looking to scale up to 100. It's becoming an all too common experience that the underlying tech is not up to the task being asked of it, and while everybody agrees that parts sometimes need to be rebuilt from the ground up, it can be like pulling teeth to get that to happen because everybody's afraid that this is akin to going backwards, and thus losing valuable fast forward time. But that's not how it works. Maybe a project takes 3 days when it should really take 1 because the system is not set up to do that project that way. And maybe there's 10 projects in that same boat that start queuing up, and how can you ever take the time to fix the system, look how much backlog there is! But the thing is, that's not ever going to get any better, only worse. Eventually you have to take the time and fix the system so it is better equipped to handle those projects, the only question is how long you struggle before making that call.

Advice to Management

I think the company is poised to do huge, great things, and I look forward to being a part of that. Keep looking forward both financially and technologically, don't let stories of what it was like struggling to get started and stay ahead of the pack keep you from moving to the next level. Most of the people hearing those stories aren't reminiscing with you, they're thinking, "When do we start writing the new stories? I want to be part of those."

"Awesome Energy and cutting edge platform"

Current Employee - Director Enterprise Solutions
    Current Employee - Director Enterprise Solutions

I have been working at Jobcase full-time

Pros

I love my job! I am a veteran sales person with experience in several different industries but selling a product that is so innovative to an HR industry that is on the beginning trajectory of huge changes in employer branding is exciting. It is incredible to work for a CEO who's mission is to advocate for the people that are the most important to a brand but are typically paid the least.

Cons

We are just getting our own brand out there so sometimes it takes a little education to clients for them to get what we are about.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding!

"Good Solid Company"

I have been working at Jobcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall great company that values employees. They do the little things that matter sometimes buying lunch or scheduling outings for employees. Its a great company that everyone works together to get to the single mission providing a great product(s) to our customers.

Cons

Benefits could be better 401k and life insurance are missing.

Advice to Management

Keep it going and mature the processes of the company.

"Excellent company with great prospects"

Current Employee - Quantitative Analyst
    Current Employee - Quantitative Analyst

Pros

Every employee has a day to day impact and can see what they are doing to make a difference.

Cons

Can be hard work at times, but anyone willing to put in the time will find the job incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Jobcase Response

Sep 10, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for taking time to write this. If we are to succeed at empowering America's workforce - we need to start with happy and fulfilled team building the platform here in Cambridge! Glad we are ... More

"Intern"

Pros

The mission of Jobcase is very inspiring and really sets a tone for the atmosphere of the office. everyone is very driven to make sure Jobcase succeeds and genuinely care about the mission of the company. Fred, the CEO, is extremely passionate and knowledgable about what he is doing, which translates into a very exciting and fast-paced environment. Everyone at the company was very friendly and welcoming and really cared that our voices and ideas were heard.

Cons

The office is very fast-paced and focused on fixing the current issues while also focusing on long term growth

Jobcase Response

Sep 10, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for kind words. We are just so thrilled to have had the opportunity to have such a wonderful Intern classic 2016. Stay in touch near graduation!!! ;o)