KanPak Reviews | Glassdoor

KanPak Reviews

Updated June 17, 2017

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "This company has grown so much. There have been ups and downs but overall everything is great now."

Pros

There are many pros, there are many awesome people. We make many awesome products. And we have many great benefits!

Cons

There aren't very many cons for this company everyone is friendly and we work as a happy family. No cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ladies and gentlemen

2. "production supervisor"

I have been working at KanPak full-time

Pros

Growing at record speed. It's nice to work for a company that promotes from within. Looks for and develops talent they already have, before looking else where. Invest in their people as well as the company. Promotes helping the community, with backpacks for kids in the Penn Yan school district. Lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

During the busy season, hours can be long and exhausting.

Advice to Management

Great job... stay the course to be the best of the best.

3. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS

I have been working at KanPak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is like working with family. Work is hard and stressful, but that is part of the job. The benefits are great and I love who I work with.

Cons

It is hard when issues cause you to work holidays and you were originally scheduled off.

4. "Co-packing Dairy Plant"

Current Employee - Production Planner in Penn Yan, NY
    Current Employee - Production Planner in Penn Yan, NY

I have been working at KanPak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well Kanpak just recently inquired the company from the previous owners. So far they seem pretty good.

Cons

Main people are located in Kansas and its hard to get support at times

5. "You are expected to be a robot"

I have been working at KanPak full-time

Pros

decent pay, nearly guaranteed at least 40 hrs a week and the insurance is the best I've seen.

Cons

Hazardous environment, expected to do things without much regard for your safety or comfort. complete lack of management or thought from upper levels of management. They change policies with whatever sounds best to them with no consideration to what is doable or the most efficient in practice.

6. "Terrible place to work! I worked there for almost a decade the management is poor.it is based on a buddy system."

Pros

Pay is good. And that's about it nothing good to say about that horrible place!!nothing but a cess pool

Cons

Bad management most of them have no clue what is going on. They treat their people horribly! It is not worth the time or the money to deal with all their non sense and abuse.

Advice to Management

My advice is to fire everyone from management and hire new ones that are actually qualified!

"Not a job you want long term."

Pros

Pay is ok. You always have overtime whether you want it or not. Good Christmas parties. Co workers are awesome.

Cons

All benefits have been cut except 401k and insurance. Management is inexperienced. They treat you like your stupid. Everyone is looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

When one person is the head of every department its called a monopoly. Not good.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS

I worked at KanPak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are some very good people working there with real talent, although less of them every day.

Cons

Some of the most evil and manipulative people I ever met. I worked there for over a decade and they continually got worse. They drove out everyone who had any common sense or challenged the CEO's twisted view of the world.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people so poorly. Some of the best people in the world work at KanPak and senior management treats them so poorly and blames them for their incompetence

9. "Be ready to work hard!"

Former Employee - Batcher in Arkansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Batcher in Arkansas City, KS

Pros

Laid back atmosphere for the most part. You can work all the overtime you want for the most part which helps.

Cons

They hire a lot of temps so the turn around rate is bad. Management does not care if you do a good job. Be ready to work hard!

Advice to Management

Offer some training classes to the employees, show that you actually care. Offer more opportunities for advancement and be dedicated leaders!

10. "You dont want to work here."

I have been working at KanPak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for the area

Cons

You just dont want to work here. :( Production management is constantly screaming at and talking down to employees who are expected to work 7 days per week without a single day off for months at a time. The majority of employees are looking for another job elsewhere or stepping on each other to get into management.

Advice to Management

Please leave before you run the company into the ground.