KeyStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Team, best Manager in my branch!

Cons

Recruiting process to on boarding the temps is detailed, must complete everything or you don't get your commission

Advice to Management

We are taken care of because our manager said you do the same thing to her!

2. "Not to bad at all"

Former Employee - Janitorial in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Janitorial in San Marcos, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay if u like $9.50 per hour

Cons

Quick to terminate instead of investigating.

Advice to Management

Should investigate instead of assuming

3. "Really Going to Miss Working at Keystaff!!!!"

Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff (Less than a year)

Pros

Started working for Keystaff in March of 2016. My wife found a job in my home town so I had to leave. Even though I was so excited to move home, I have to admit it was bitter sweet. I don't think I have ever worked anywhere where I truly enjoyed everyone I worked with. Everybody really works well together and it is definitely a team environment. The owners and management have always been very helpful and supportive. Not going to put anything in the Cons section because I just can't think of anything negative to say. Really going to miss everyone at Keystaff!!!!

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

We're going to miss you too!

5. "Great Company, Great Boss"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

I just wanted to thank you for my job. I never thought that I would be this successful at a sales job. When I took this job I had never done sales before. I am feeling more confident every day. Thanks for the raise and all your support. KeyStaff is my home and I am proud of it. I also love everyone on my team.

Cons

None that I can think of. I don't really like my commute, but it's worth it to commute in to a job that I love.

Advice to Management

Also thanks for pushing me to grow and get out there and go to those networking events. I appreciate you both and love you both very much.

Anyway, thanks, I never thought I would love my job so much!!

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

Thank you so much! You're a huge asset to the company!

6. "Started off a job and now it is a career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff took me in with no experience and really taught me the staffing industry. I really have not come across anyone that I did not like at this company. They set clear metrics for you to meet from day one. The ones that do not meet the metric they agree upon are typically the ones that quit or get terminated. Having worked with many people that come from the staffing background are pleased with the metrics because they are often easier than any other agency they have worked for. Not just that, but have a better commission structure. They are the first small staffing agency to actually offer benefits that you would receive at most mid to larger size companies. I am confident once they grow even more, they will grow their benefits as well. If you do not want to work for a living and if you are not motivated by money and free vacations each year then this is definitely not the position for you.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. All the other small staffing agencies fail in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep reevaluating year after year and you will keep up and exceed the competition

"Best Company Ever"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is NO micromanagement whatsoever
    Supervisor Sharon is great to work for- she backs her employees with facts and is a great asset to this company
    The recruiters there are very helpful, Dean, Laura and Rodney- Best team I have encountered in a very long time

Cons

Can't think of any- so none

Advice to Management

NONE :) keep working hard!

Oct 9, 2016 – Owner

Thank you!!! I appreciate you! ;)

"Zero Stars if possible"

Former Employee - Front Desk- Recruiter - Sales Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Notice all good reviews are from current employees. That's because your job is Always on the line. And a good review is only posted after a bad one comes up so I'm sure its management telling them to put it or doing it themselves. While there I saw some dishonest things go on.

Cons

Management and Upper management are prejudice to their favorites which you can really feel because there's only like 30-40 employees in the entire company (that's including 4 locations). when the manager is in a bad mood she brings the entire office down. She is constantly making racists or mean remarks. Read the reviews

Advice to Management

Manager is friends with owner so she pretty much gets away with saying or doing anything she wants.

Nov 16, 2016 – Owner

As you know, we do everything by the book. There are never any dishonest things that go on at KeyStaff. I'm also suspicious that you're just trying to slander your supervisor. Nothing was ever ... More

9. "Recruiter"

Pros

Will give you a chance with little to no experience.

Cons

Managers, owners, staff in general. This is a very toxic work environment and messed me up more ways than one.

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping about your employees. Invest in your employees. And DO NOY micromanage your employees!!!

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None other than suffering with company.

Cons

The owners will not invest in you, they will treat you with disrespect, and are incompetent as leaders. Please listen to the reviews, all the other ones on glassdoor are biasedly written by the owners or branch managers. There is too much office gossip and makes for a VERY stressful environment. The companies you will hire for are terrible, the overtime is killer, and you will feel most of the time that your life/work balance is severely unbalanced and disrupted no matter how you try. Everyone hated working here, honestly.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, have exit interviews, learn from your mistakes. Stop trying to expand before you improve your business.

"The bad far outweigh the good"

I worked at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

KeyStaff targets recent college grads who have little to no work experience and gives them the opportunity to build up their careers here. This is largely due to the fact that employees are required to participate in all aspects of the job; whether that be interviews, account management, interacting with clients regularly, employment law paperwork...the list goes on. You can get great work experience to move onto a much more stable and rewarding career.

If you enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly in motion type of environment, KeyStaff fits that description. There's always some type of project to work on, a client who needs a job filled ASAP, etc.

Cons

As previously stated above, you definitely have the opportunity to work on your career by getting involved in multiple facets of the business. However, the training process or assistance you get from virtually anyone in the company is abysmal. The mindset is, “sink or swim” and you’re expected to catch on quickly with almost no training. It’s baffling to think that people with little work experience are solely responsible for managing accounts with long term clients immediately, or have to oversee HR processes that most companies have a certified professional doing. If an employee makes a mistake, KeyStaff takes no responsibility for error and fully blames the employee; even if they weren’t trained or given the proper materials to succeed.

The overall clientele that KeyStaff takes on as clients are generally clients that most staffing agencies wouldn’t accept. This is a blanket statement and KeyStaff definitely has taken on a few great customers, but overall, KeyStaff will accept almost anyone and ignores warnings signs; such as poor communication, treating internal employees with disrespect, failure to pay on time, etc. Some clients expect the recruiting team to produce candidates immediately and have unrealistic expectations, but KeyStaff takes them on anyway. The bottom line here is to make a quick buck, no matter what kind of negative culture that will create amongst the KeyStaff team.

Speaking of culture, this is non-existent and isn’t a priority at KeyStaff. The owners don’t believe in investing in their employees until they have produced for the company. This means spending almost no money on training, resistance to have any kind of work sponsored event (unless they’ve earned it through quarterly contests), and poor benefits. You must accrue your vacation and receive 2 weeks the first year, then 3 weeks following that point. While that is somewhat standard for companies, there are no extra sick days or time for bereavement- it all comes from the same pool. KeyStaff doesn’t trust their employees enough to let them work from home, so you must take a PTO day if you want to do so. You’re also expected to work during vacation and take your computer with you. This includes working well past business hours and on the weekends. As the owner says, “Do whatever it takes to get the job done”. Most people who work at KeyStaff have no problem working overtime when necessary, but expecting people to do this regularly and not get burnt out is impractical.

Although there are many other pieces of information I could share, the thing that stands out to me the most is the ignorance of the owners. After being with this company for so long, it is very evident that they truly do not care about their employees and are just out to make money. This is clear based on the lack of trust they have with the team and how much they micro manage everyone. They have turned a blind eye to the fact that turnover is a continuous issue and always assume it’s a problem with the individual. There are no exit interviews and constructive feedback is never up for discussion. More time is put into discovering who wrote negative Glassdoor reviews than trying to determine if there is any truth to the comments left here. KeyStaff has hired so many great employees who have tried to make a lasting impact on the company, but are continually shot down and are never allowed to grow due to the restraints placed on them by management. Lastly, the blatant disrespect by the owners is shocking. The owner in Austin simply doesn’t speak to the majority of employees and ignores them. The other owner residing in Dallas gossips constantly about employees to OTHER employees….and they wonder why turnover is so high.

Advice to Management

You’ve hired some great people, so treat them well and they’ll stay. Treat them with the respect they deserve and give them the opportunity to take the company to the next level. If you never listen to the feedback you’re given, this company will never succeed. You are what’s standing in your way to help this organization grow.