LEAP Reviews | Glassdoor

Daniel Knapp

1. "Fun agency"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to make friends.

Cons

Low pay, mostly grunt work

2. "Unprofesional environment, low pay and very high turnover"

Current Employee - Business Owner in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Business Owner in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You walk into a renovated, cool building. A kitchen fully equipped to meet your lunch needs. Dogs are welcome to the office. There's flexibility when coming and going. There's talk about fitting in to LEAP's culture. It seems positive, at first.

Cons

But then when you interact with upper management, there's no hesitation to talk behind an employee's back, no matter the level. The professional behavior does not exist at the C-suite and executive team level. Slandering employees to another employees is tolerated. Yelling at others has occurred. There is lots of client work, but LEAP pays very low and the cost for health benefits is extremely high. The turnover is astounding!

Advice to Management

Consider training for professionalism to your top staff. Embarrassing conversations have been overheard coming from your offices, as well as the Controller's office.

3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were great, fun office, and enjoyable client work.

Cons

Management only looked out for themselves. Little professional development opportunities and no chance for advancement. Way too much depended on the billable hours, so if your client left then you needed to fear for your job.

Advice to Management

Be more honest.

"You'll Be Treated As Just Another Employee, Fun Place to Work Though"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are fun, talented individuals. New building. The environment is mainly laid back and somewhat flexible.

Cons

Micro management, Bottom of the market pay, no career path, no opportunity for raises, to the management you are always replaceable, too focused on efficiency and billing clients, seem to be satisfied with turnover.

Advice to Management

Start investing in your existing, talented individuals instead of replacing those that leave with less talent just because they ask for less in salary requirements. Get off your high horses! There are two levels at LeapFrog, managers and non-managers. That's it!

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time

Pros

Very laid back company culture, young, driven individuals

Cons

Compensation and benefits are lacking

7. "Traffic Coordinator"

Pros

Great people, cool office, decent culture.

Cons

Management is lacking, no opportunities for advancement, low pay.

Advice to Management

Promote employees from within, and leave the inappropriate and condescending attitudes at the door.

8. "Disorganized and Innapropriate"

I worked at LEAP full-time

Pros

The office had a neat layout and that is pretty much it. Some of the people that worked there were friendly as long as you did not ask them to actually work.

Cons

-Low pay
    -Horrible morale
    -They were ok with "burning hours" that they billed to customers
    -Said horrible things about clients the second they walked out the door
    -Boring work environment
    -Tons of meetings that were billed to clients where nothing was accomplished

Advice to Management

Start doing what you are billing your clients to do. Quit allowing deliverables to be weeks behind. Start paying for decent employees and your turnover will decline. I was there for less than a year and was one of the most senior employees.

"Great People....But Watch Out"

I worked at LEAP full-time

Pros

Great Office, Good People.

Basically the people are amazing. They are kind, giving and caring. The clients are okay, nothing inspirational but nothing terrible either.

Cons

Everyone cares about the negative stuff, so I'll write an essay of things I wish I knew before joining Leap. As mentioned in other reviews, loyalty is considered paramount here. Unlike most agencies I've worked at, upper management has been with the company 8+ years. In fact, sometimes they will jump from department to department. The owner really doesn’t care about skill as much as they care about your unquestioned loyalty, hence senior management doesn't have a strong skill set.

Would I work here again, maybe. While I didn’t have problems leaving, I’ve heard of many people having LOTS of problems, some with legal issues. Moving from agency to agency is something that is common in the advertising world. Going along with loyalty, they punish people who leave; they feel slighted and imposed punitive conditions on ex employees. I’d advise you to go through and contact a few of them on LinkedIn. They probably have some recommendations, but just beware of what you sign; the owners will try and hold you to every letter.

My advice if you are considering Leap: Watch Out. They seem nice, the CEO has a jolly laugh, but underneath that smile is a façade. He won’t hesitate to go after employees in an instant. The culture is one of fear and intimidation, not one of trust and advancement. Don’t plan to change positions there, you won’t. You may learn new things, but raises and opportunities for advancement are slim to none. Their upper management is there to stay and they will never leave.

I look back on my time at Leap with some fond memories. While most are good people, I probably would never want to work for the same management again.

Advice to Management

Loyalty is important, but not everything. Remember that skill ultimately drives success.

If you were as nice to clients who leave as you were to employees, you'd have a better reputation among the talent in Louisville.

"Slightly Disorganized but Good People"

I worked at LEAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good hours and reasonable benefits.

Cons

Disorganized, many just learning the digital craft, be prepared for a little management issues as well

Advice to Management

Loyalty isn't everything, especially if loyal people are lazy non-producers.

"Overall, I loved my department colleagues; however, management is dishonest."

Former Employee - Client Development
    Former Employee - Client Development

I worked at LEAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back; some autonomy; week off between Christmas and New Years; small business minded; newly renovated office.

Cons

Management doesn't take anyone serious, they will not consult you in appropriate matters; CEO is TOO involved in every aspect; they will lie to clients and employees; benefits lack compared to other companies in area; can't get any project done in budget or on time; very outrageous non-compete; no opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Management needs to put more trust in employees and treat them well. There is a high turnover and you won't pay for junior level people - so train your entry-level people right and they will stay around longer. Oh, and don't lie to employees.