LevelUP HCS Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2019

4.9
LevelUP HCS Managing Partner Curtis Grajeda (no image)
Curtis Grajeda
  1. "Great place to build your network and skillset"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hands-on training Transparent management Cross-industry exposure Approachable ownership

Cons

Can sometimes be washed in admin work

"Very Different From Agency Life"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than a year

Pros

I applied to work at LevelUP to get out of the agency space because I was not only fed up of the constant stress to place people so that I could eat but also because I wanted a more adult environment where people treated each other with respect. I moved across and found that the transition wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Finding the candidates and placing them was really easy but it was a challenge to move into an environment were the client was always right and there wasn't the speed involved in hiring that I had been used to. Since then I've learned how to speak to clients strategically about the searches and push them to move as quickly as we need them to, and not just so that I can buy a steak dinner, but because otherwise they would lose the candidate and the opportunity to better the organization. I have matured in this role too. From going from an environment of back handed compliments and people not necessarily looking out for the best for you I found it difficult to understand that this is really a team environment. For me, this company is a true team and I've learned that I'm not the best at everything but there are people I can ask for help and advice to complete my goals.

Cons

Coming from an agency, there isn't the opportunity to not work on certain roles that you think are a waste of time. Here, you know they are a waste of time, but you have to work on them anyway. This leads to frustration and ultimately there isn't anything you can do about it. I would also say that placing a candidate isn't as thrilling as it is on the agency side. This is because generally you're placing 3x more candidates but ultimately you wont be getting the commission amount you would be on the agency side. Often you live in a world where you have to back up everything you do on email. This was a new thing for me to learn but I think it's Corporate America.

"Great Place to Work, But There Are Some Challenges"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Curtis is an inspiring leader and great mentor. He has managed to collect some of the best recruiters in the industry based off of his vision and passion alone. The people there are great too! The vast majority of people working there know what they're doing, with an above average number of them excelling in their specific niche. I've found some people there that I'll be life long friends with, so not only is the team you're working with most likely excellent, they're fun to spend time with outside of work. There's also a great training program for junior and entry level recruiters to learn while also adding value to respective clients. Its a brilliant business model. LevelUp will continue to grow for years to come. Work/life balance as a recruiter is something difficult to attain, but levelup tries its best, and the effort is appreciated. Good compensation, PTO depending on level, benefits are okay.

Cons

While its a great place to work, there were some concerns that led me to keep my options open and eventually find a new role. The management structure is complicated at best. Titles and "power" seem to be given to those who politic their way into it, which happens at most places, but its stark when its still a small company, and when everyone knows who the top performers are. The compensation and bonuses can be fair but most don't know how its calculated. To this day I'm not sure if that is intended so there's room for interpretation, or its just an oversight in not making it a priority to explain to agency recruiters coming in to join levelup. Its led to a gossip heavy culture in some aspects if you get involved in it. The lack of transparency with all of the above has left people there with a sense of frustration, but no one to talk to about it. There's also no 360 degree feedback sessions to voice these concerns, or even yearly performance reviews, which again, leads to more gossip.

Continue reading
  4. "Good company, better experiences"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LevelUP is a unique company where you are able to have a full time position but also have a taste of consulting. You are placed on a client account and for the most part can get moved around every so often, giving you the opportunity to see and experience different client sites. The colleagues in LevelUP is something I don't think can be found elsewhere, its more of a small family with a tight bond. I highly recommend working for or with LevelUP to any family or friend.

Cons

Having events or scheduled meetings for people on different accounts to meet and get to know eachother!

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at LevelUp for over a year. It's a great company to start at for those who have not worked in recruiting before. The team is very supportive. My experience at LevelUp has also been great because I have had the opportunity to work on a few different client sites, which have all been positive experiences. Everyone at LevelUp is dedicated to providing the best client experience!

Cons

Plan more company-wide events. Since everyone is at different client sites its difficult, but it would be a great way to bring everyone together!

6. "Great company"

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than a year

Pros

LevelUp has an amazing company culture which was great for me starting out as it was my first exposure into the corporate world. I have been here for under two years and had two salary increases since. All employees have direct access to executive leadership which is awesome for learning opportunities and support on client sites. The company grew 79% last year and is still growing.

Cons

Since it is a relatively smaller company, junior employees often have a lot of responsibility put on them from the get go. You may be transferred to another client site without much notice.

7. "Growing Company with Outstanding Culture"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than a year

Pros

LevelUp is one of those rare companies you hear about that truly hold their employees as top priority, which in turn leads to excellent customer service for clients. The leadership allows work-life balance, creative and inclusive atmosphere, and opportunity for growth. The company itself is growing which has allowed many opportunities for ambitious individuals to propel their career (which has no limit)! Leadership empowers their employees to make decisions and deliver on accounts – providing oversight without being micro-managed. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this organization.

Cons

Some of the clients can be challenging

8. "Talent Advisor"

Current Employee - Talent Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The opportunity to grow within is very visible and attainable The employees are fantastic The CEO is extremely motivating and delivers a strong message to his employees Reoccurring Corporate Events to maintain and build relationships across the entire company Diversified Portfolio of clients - Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing, Real Estate, etc.

Cons

There are no cons working for LevelUp RPO

9. "Powerhouse Mid-Size Firm, & Continuing to Grow!"

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being a human capital consulting firm focused on delivering high-quality talent & offering superior customer service, the company puts their money where their mouth is when it comes to hiring only the best in the industry, for it's own firm! The people & culture that the team has curated & cultivated, respectively, at LevelUP are the best qualities of what make up this powerful mid-size firm, which continues to grow & expand at a rapid rate. Everyone truly collaborates on various projects, wears many different hats to help each other out and at the end-of-the-day, all employees truly respect each other & enjoy spending time together. Top notch leadership team who give their employees as many resources as possible, guides & mentors every employee while allowing them to have enough freedom to grow & develop in an entrepreneurial way. I've only worked at larger corporate organizations in the past, but making the move to LevelUP has proven to be a great decision, as there is a lack of bureaucracy &/or over-complexity of our product, which allows us to prioritize & dedicate ourselves to every client.

Cons

None to share yet, perhaps if anything, company perks such as complimentary snacks would be nice?

Continue reading
  10. "Awesome People and Working Environment!"

I have been working at LevelUP HCS full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Hardworking & Happy People - Strong Leadership - Work-Life Balance - Growth and Development

Cons

-No cons so far... seriously I love this company!

Found 19 reviews