Lever Reviews | Glassdoor

Lever Founder, CEO Sarah Nahm
Sarah Nahm

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "With any start-up there might be growing pains with creating a solid knowledge base" (in 16 reviews)

• "As with any growing company, there's going to be growing pains" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Best product and place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--fast paced and positive attitude across the company
    --sales is engaged and it's a true partnership with marketing
    --inclusive to all workers
    --best HR team I've ever worked with
    --great female leadership & mentorship
    --solid diversity and recruiting techniques - we practice what we preach!
    --the product - I've never talked to so many customers that have seen tangible real results and express such love for a product...it's amazing!

Cons

None so far....still ironing out processes as we grow! It's an exciting time to be a part of this.

Advice to Management

keep it up! you all are best in class and the progress we've made has been incredible to watch and be a part of.

2. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Honestly they live the values entirely. Great employee experience - I feel very fortunate to be working here.

Cons

I really don't have much right now.

3. "Some good people but ultimately poor leadership leaves a lot to be desired"

I worked at Lever full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Supportive of diversity and inclusion efforts but at times too liberal
    - Some fun cultural quirks and tradition
    - free foods

Cons

- Execs are inexperienced, arrogant and poor communicators
    - Decision making is not transparent with a surprising amount of politics (teams don't feel united with open bickering)
    - Product moves incredibly slow for a competitive market

"Sales"

I have been working at Lever full-time

Pros

If you're willing to dive in and take on additional responsibility this is the place for you. You'll have a lot of autonomy to help the company build. Given our size and current growth plans, we need folks to jump in and take on projects to help us get to where our goals are. Wonderful people. We tend to hire a diverse crowd with lots of perspectives as well. Not the cookie cutter "bro" vibe at all. There's genuine care to do things the right way here.

Cons

We're small still and we sometimes think we're a big company. There are pains. Cross functional communication sometimes lacks. But we're moving fast. Comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

We've got clarity on how ICs get promoted. But there's no detail on how managers move up. Some are hired as seniors from outside. No detail and nothing in writing on how sales managers can continue to grow.

Oct 26, 2018 – VP, People

It's so refreshing to find a sales culture like Lever's. We'll continue to build and invest in a diverse workforce where great ideas can come from anywhere. Thanks for the feedback regarding manager... More

5. "1 year in, still going strong"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management cares about employees, executive leadership provides vision and direction. Team is growing quickly and crushing its goals. Some of the smartest/nicest people I've ever worked with. The product is a market leader. Incredible opportunities to grow quickly in your role if you do a good job and become a leader on your team. Standard startup perks (free lunch, flexible work hours/wfh, snacks/drinks/work outings).

Cons

Scrappy; you don't always have the bandwidth on your team to handle the work that comes in with business closing at record rates. It can be a lot of work at times, despite management efforts to manage workloads; it's hard to hire and onboard new candidates to meet quick increases in workload.

Advice to Management

Keep managing workload, keep focusing on culture to make sure each new Leveroo keeps adding to our great work environment.

"Working together to win, every.damn.day."

I have been working at Lever full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing that strikes me most about Lever, every day, is how much of a team atmosphere there is -- not only within departments but across them too. People just seem to want to help each other out. It seems basic, but it is a simple way to describe an amazing culture. It also feels like everyone is dedicated to the mission here. We have lofty goals but really plan to hit them.

Cons

This isn't the easiest market. There are lots of competitors and high expectations. If you're looking for the easy path, or for lots of predictability and minimal change, this probably wouldn't be the best place to find it.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the product. It's amazing, and if the pace of adding to it can be maintained, it will continue to totally change the game in this space.

Oct 26, 2018 – VP, People

I couldn't agree more. When I first joined Lever I was awestruck at the level of cross-functional awareness and empathy and how teams were eager to come together, make changes and do what's right for... More

"Customer Success"

I have been working at Lever full-time

Pros

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. People really care about the work you're doing and how they can help you be successful in your role.

The free food and unlimited PTO ain't bad either.

Cons

Not a place if you want to be comfortable, definitely some long nights but it's more fun when you're working with great people!

Oct 26, 2018 – VP, People

I'm so glad you're enjoying your time, making an impact and working with amazing people!

8. "Fantastic Growing Company."

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. It has the feel of a startup but clearly growing towards big goals. Management cares a lot about their employees. BIG emphasis on diversity and Inclusion.

Cons

I love it. no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep creating an inclusive environment for your employees. we appreciate it.

"Feel at Home & Continuously Pushed"

I have been working at Lever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Lever has been an amazing experience that has led me to test and improve my beliefs and work ethic. I enjoy coming into work and collaborating with people across the company. I can count on management and my team to have my best interest in mind and appreciate the continuous investment Lever has put into me.

Cons

Things can get chaotic, like most start-ups, but Lever offers a positive learning environment and encourages to approach ambiguity with confidence.

Oct 26, 2018 – VP, People

I've always loved working cross-functionally at Lever. We have some of the best talent in tech. Ambiguity is natural - especially as we continue to redefine the space and venture into new territory... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-great product
    -room for growth
    -passionate exec team and leaders
    -inclusive work environment, ability to be your own self
    -lots of work perks (daily lunch, snacks, fantastic health & gym benefits)
    -flexible schedule (of course as long as you get your work done ;-) )
    -unlimited PTO (where it's not a "scam", you are encouraged to take it!)

Cons

-not sure if this is actually a con but goals are super aggressive so you have to be your best self every day.
    -there's always a ton of change so if you can't hang, might not work for you here

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the lines of open communication and investing in keeping the culture awesome as we scale.