KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 185 of over 192 reviews

4.6
Lever Founder and CEO Nate Smith
Nate Smith

What people are saying about Lever

Join the conversation on

Recruiters

9m

a

Recruiter

Using Lever today as my ATS but super disappointed with the reporting capabilities. Has anyone been able to get reporting dialed in on Lever, or is it hopeless? If you fixed this issue I’d love to understand how you cracked the code. If it’s hopeless what do should I switch to?

1 Comment

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people that are upbeat.(in 31 reviews)
  • "It seems basic, but it is a simple way to describe an amazing culture.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Leadership is transparent and speaks candidly.(in 15 reviews)
  • "The team is great, really dedicated to their jobs and they always met their goals.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great benefits: Monthly stipends(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "They forced out two amazing managers on my team who were brave enough to speak the truth.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lever and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great people, fulfilling growth - it's up to you to make it happen

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a fantastic team of ambitious, thoughtful, and smart people. The right people are rewarded and recognized for contributions, whether it's accomplishments toward business objectives or the ways they contribute culturally. That said, it is still a company and business that is still rapidly growing and changing. Opportunities for innovation/new roles/promotions/new challenges can be unpredictable, but when they arise they are meaningful, and professional growth really comes down to what individuals make of it. I've personally seen tremendous growth and achievements in colleagues who are eager to learn, willing to work hard, and able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape. The company certainly isn't perfect, but leaders are generally receptive and transparent on the progress they intend to make. You can expect easy access to executives and senior leaders, and honest answers particularly if you demonstrate that you're a team player. Final note here - as mentioned in many reviews, the people at Lever are fantastic. If you want to surround yourself with people who you can look up to, chances are you'll find that at Lever. Some of the most hardworking people I've ever met.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but new candidates should be aware. Change is a constant at Lever, though they are making strides toward more consistency and planning, while remaining agile. In today's day and age, that is to be expected. If you're someone who doesn't do well with adapting or pivoting to new priorities, Lever would be a great place to challenge yourself to improving at it :)

2. 5.0

Doing great things!

Mar 24, 2022 - Director of Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can tell a company that truly values their employee by looking at their overall new hire onboarding program. Lever is growing, and their onboarding program isn't all built out but they sure build fast and get you the answers you need. It is a great organization to roll up your sleeves on the first few days to get things done. It's in build mode so your expertise is valued and needed, and you can move quickly to build and help support the teams right from the start. If this is your work values to get going right away, Lever is the place for you. They don't have highly complicated matrixed structure which makes it all the more easy to be agile and just get things done.

Cons

Growing pains, but this company will go public successfully.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Had high hopes

Apr 27, 2022 - Recruiting in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with some incredibly talented people at Lever. While I'm biased, coming from the recruiting team, I'm proud of so many of the people we hired. They've gone on to do incredible things, both within Lever and beyond. Lever was also incredibly employee focused. In many ways, this was great: it helped us hire, helped us retain, and helped us create our employer brand. However, there were challenges with this approach as well. Finally, I loved the product and felt so much of what Lever the company stands for was embodied in the product.

Cons

Ultimately, we failed to keep the grit from our early days and we lost traction. I'm sad to say I'm no longer a Lever user and this really bums me out. We also focused so much on the employee experience that we lost focus on the business and this is part of why I think Lever is failing to win the way I think it was originally positioned to. I know there's been a lot of leadership shake ups in the last year-plus, and I'll be interested to see where that lands the company, business, and product.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Typical startup pains but overall a great place to work

Nov 12, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Genuinely caring management who are invested in your professional success - Incredible ratio of female leadership and emphasis on DEI internally - Fun and inclusive culture - Generous perks and compensation package (monthly stipends for WFH accommodation and wellness) - Performance reviews every 6 months provide lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

- Not a fault of Lever, but onboarding remote has been challenging and can sometimes feel disconnected from the rest of the team/company - Runs fast and breaks things - name of the game at a fast-growing startup, but could focus on fixing what is already there in the product and making it better - Growing pains in not having enough resources - some processes are manual and/or outdated

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inclusivity is not just a buzz word, it's a way of life

Jan 11, 2022 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

D&I focused: great diversity internally as well as with the product. Customer centric: product enhancements & changes based upon customer feedback. Championing cross-functional empathy: opportunities & advocates for cross-departmental collaboration. Leadership: supportive & attentive. Great benefits: Monthly stipends

Cons

Below market rate compensation. Previous product issues are plaguing retention & customer trust but with the new funding is an area of opportunity.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of transparency sales team

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales [ Account Executive and SDR]
    Business Outlook

Pros

inclusive company culture, lots of opportunities for connecting across different groups - great employee benefits

Cons

lack of transparency from leadership. As an HR company they have great protocols written out but do not perform them. Being in sales it was expected to go on a pip if poorly performing however just 3 days after asking about Performance plans due to lesser performance I was let go. Worst part was that month I was the second highest performing representative [ I closed these deals after they had let me go - docusigns were out when they had fired me]. Also poor compensation packages for sales industy wide in tech.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company culture & growth opportunities

Sep 30, 2020 - Implementation Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible sense of values both as a company and its individual employees. Promote respect, kindness, and inclusion especially around diversity, as well as hard work, growth, and achievement. -Driven employees that know how to get things done and collaborate extremely well (both within and across functional teams), while having fun in the process. -Focus on diversity both in building their internal team as well as promoting product features that help customers look more closely at diversity within their hiring practices. -Solid product well-positioned within the market. -Strong management and leadership team that promotes a healthy work environment while also encouraging and fostering opportunities for career growth. -Lots of opportunities to learn about late-stage startup operations.

Cons

-Not necessarily a con, but it's a startup environment - so not for folks that like to work with established processes and tools vs. building it yourself or having to deal with more uncertainty. Employees are encouraged to provide input and make decisions early on, and you need to be prepared to do that. -The product still has room for growth to meet the needs of some customer segments, but that's to be expected (and there should always be room for improvement). Product team is great at listening and helping collaborate to prioritize solutions. -I wish there was more in-person collaboration but that's a COVID problem not a company problem. :) They've done a great job pivoting with remote work and it shows with how well staff communicate over Slack and Zoom.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Some of the smartest and most hardworking people you'll ever work with

Nov 8, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lever has extremely empathetic and supportive leadership

Cons

It can be a lot of work

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and lots of autonomy

Feb 28, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team of people who care about each other - Good benefits for a startup - Lots of autonomy in day-to-day work - I value the transparency the company affords team members with insight into 2020 was tough for a lot of companies. Lever did have a reduction in force, but worked hard to meet goals and get back to a growth state. The company has a strong path forward and a great team to get us there.

Cons

- Workload can be heavy and hours can be long (but managers are receptive to honest discussions) - Some product issues have dominated the roadmap in recent months - In typical startup form, "autonomy" can also mean "ambiguity". Someone will excel at Lever if they are comfortable making suggestions and proactively improving processes.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Most inclusive place I've ever worked

Oct 9, 2020 - Director of Marketing and Communications in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Collaborative: teams work together to think through problems and work as a team. There is no he does this, she does that. Everyone jumps in to help and extend responsibilities outside of their areas when needed to get the job done. --Trust in Leadership: I sincerely trust our leadership team and the path that they are paving for the company. They are transparent and include all voices throughout the company in the overall strategy as we progress and continue to over-achieve on the goals we set. Every leader of the exec team is also so approachable and thoughtful. There are no politics whatsoever. --Results-driven: we work on an OKR (objective key results) system and review department goals quarterly to ensure all progress is measured and employees are continually rewarded when hitting targets and goals they set.

Cons

Prioritization when it comes to strategies and tactics that will move the bottom line in some areas and segments. We're getting there and scrappy, but hope to make as much progress as we can and double down on more resources in those areas in the coming year.

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 185 Reviews

Lever Reviews FAQs

Lever has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 192 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Lever to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lever employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lever. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

91% of Lever employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lever 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lever to be benefits, diversity and inclusion, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Lever Job Seekers