Limos.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Ann Hoey

1. "review"

Former Employee - Assistant Stylist in Snoqualmie Pass, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Stylist in Snoqualmie Pass, WA

Pros

travel industry, hot topic these days, great opportunity to wear many hates

Cons

not a true startup, had a great idea and failed to raise the money

Advice to Management

all top management have moved on to other opportunities. invest in your employees and trust them

2. "Poor strategies/lack of care"

I worked at Limos.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are wonderful and care about their customers and colleagues

Cons

Have not kept up with the competition. Policies set for limo operators are great for the company but are terrible for the operators. Lack of a P&L that is shared with the staff. Company went bankrupt in August 2015 and bought by The Stage Fund in September 2015. They have failed to change the strategy to be sustainable and have now laid off most of the talent. The company will probably be defunct soon

Advice to Management

For those managers that are still there: put up a fight and change the strategies to better compete! Add marketing dollars!

3. "You've been warned!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Limos.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing that I can say is the people in the trenches are the only good thing about this company.

Cons

If you're looking for a job, where you never know when you're going to get paid, then this is the place for you. On a consistent basis, myself and numerous other employees have experienced issues of receiving pay on a consistent basis. There was always one excuse after the other. I had the accounting manager, confirm the address they mailed my check. After waiting for a week for the check to arrive from San Francisco, to Denver I was swore to that is was mailed, and will be there. After another 4 days of it never arriving, I asked if they would direct deposit to a money card that I had. I was told "IF" the check arrives to shred it. I asked what do you mean "IF" since you mailed it, I never received a response. Needless to say it took upwards of 2 weeks to get my pay via DD, and still to this day that check that was mailed never made it to the destination. This situation has been the norm since November of 2015, getting a regular check from them pulling teeth. It's always one excuse after another. They have difficulty maintaining a regular payment schedule for their vendors so that should tell you all you need to know about this company. If you think I am lying search the complaints all over the web about their despicable practices. It 's not just here that you will find this. This place is a bad joke, and I am not sure how they can continue to remain in business with such a poor business model.

Also do yourself a favor if you choose to take a job with these people know that if you utilize your legal rights to be a whistle blower or expose this company for it's true nature, they will most definitely retaliate against you! Wait until you at least get your last paycheck to post a review.

Advice to Management

When part of your presentation is that you're unlike other companies, and trying to shift the paradigm then be that. Otherwise you're just providing lip service just like every other company that boasts about being "different" from your typical call center job. Because it is a load of garbage, and everything that you do is lock step with the typical call center. Also you may want to vet your mid level managers or remote managers just a little better. When your remote manager is making retaliatory threats to employees through emails, which is illegal,and sending texts messages to employees regularly undermining and bad mouthing your upper management doesn't make for good business, nor instill confidence on any level.

5. "Salary/Benefits is not competitive"

I worked at Limos.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance was efficient and never had a conflict interest
    Location of office was in a prime location for commute and/or lunch

Cons

Benefits and 401k was severely outdated and in no way beneficial. The company match was so low that there was almost NO company match.

Advice to Management

Find the best revenue stream for the company by studying other successful business models and capitalize on it.

6. "Good experience, some good people, terrible company..."

I worked at Limos.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities to learn in many areas for those who take advantage of them. I worked with some genuinely good people in my time here. Decent benefits and an interesting schedule for those who are m-f (every other Friday off). Good office location.

Cons

The product does not benefit the majority of the companies that use it. The sales team is encouraged to sell accounts (Limousine providers, often owner/operators) even when they know the company will not succeed on the site. There is very little direction from C level management, and strategies are changed constantly. They frequently use "band aids" rather than implementing real solutions to problems. There is high turnover in all departments.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick to it. Take the flight of your employees (not to mention the reviews on Glassdoor) seriously and address the underlying problems. Having a stocked bar does not make up for the terrible morale around the office.

"Archaic organization that would be innovative in the year 1996!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Limos.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really difficult to think of any pros except maybe a few genuinely good folks that for whatever reason decided to waste away at this company.

Cons

Upper management out of touch with reality. Lying, cheating, and stealing from all who come in contact with LDC is a common occurrence. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

Get rid of certain VP's if you want the moral of that office to change!

8. "Poorly managed company"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Limos.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great colleagues, fun environment, cool start-up product

Cons

Poorly managed company; unequal treatment of men and women- inequitable salaries; unethical business practices

9. "Great experience for low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Get experience in a wide range of business areas
    Fun group of people to work with
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Industry leader in the category

Cons

Too many product changes over a short period of time
    Unorganized overall in many departments of the company
    Not enough programmers to issue timely and needed improvements to the platform

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick to it. Promote employees from within, give them an incentive to want to stay. Communicate better between departments and within departments.

10. "Could have been good"

I worked at Limos.com full-time

Pros

Small, young company with a lot of promise.

Cons

Too many lines of business. Didn't focus on what worked.

11. "Getting better"

I have been working at Limos.com full-time

Pros

Fast moving and challenging place to work. Been through our ups and downs but things are looking up with a new owner and shedding the old investors that only cared about raising more.

Cons

It's a tough market to be in right now with the 800lb Gorilla U****, but there are still opportunities to carve out a successful niche.

Advice to Management

Be careful of knee jerk reactions and only focusing on revenue. Put the primary focus on taking care of customers.