Liquid Robotics Reviews

Updated May 6, 2020

3.4
Liquid Robotics CEO Dave Allen (no image)
Dave Allen
1 Rating

"Senior Field Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Liquid Robotics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Revolutionary product, employees that are driven and knowledgeable

Cons

I have yet to experience any downside to my job

September 6, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for the comments. We are glad your first year has been positive!

"Company Under Heavy Transition after Boeing Acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Liquid Robotics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wave Glider Technology is amazing. Mechanics are completely novel.

Cons

Lots of moving and shaking after acquisition. Company will need to reinvest heavily in Wave Glider Platform to move forward.

"The grass really is greener..."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Liquid Robotics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are still a few good folk (although most have left). The recent leadership change is welcomed (although might be too little too late). The best thing is I finally got out of there - and it's only once you do that and look back that you realize how much you put up with!

Cons

Forced to sell product not suitable for the applications advertised. It was all about the money - not about the product, company, vision at all.

"Time to go"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Liquid Robotics full-time

Pros

Some really good people have worked here. The technology is super interesting. Company used to be great and have a clear purpose.

Cons

Company dissolving since acquisition by Boeing. Good folk departing fast. Everyone I know here is looking for other jobs. Management does not know what they want. Boeing over-controlling.

"At a Crossroads"

I have been working at Liquid Robotics full-time

Pros

Cool technology. Unique opportunities. Still room for an employee to make an immediate impact. Welcoming and accommodating workplace.

Cons

Still trying to find footing post acquisition. Leadership and culture changes will make or break it.

June 4, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your views. The Wave Glider is a cool technology. Newer employees have reported that they, too, have experienced the welcoming workplace and how they can have an immediate impact. Acquisitions do create some sort of change. And you’re right, leadership and culture are important during such a big transition. We believe that we have maintained our core culture, our start-up mentality, and open door policy. The leadership team is committed to maintaining this and remaining true to who we are. Your recommendation to provide more leadership training is a good one. We are looking at ways to better support our management team and those who want to grow. With regards to making priorities clear, we encourage you to speak directly with your manager. We have goals and priorities and these should be clear to all. Thanks again for your feedback!

"Used to be good..."

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Liquid Robotics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some great people are still here. It's not over yet.

Cons

Used to be good before being acquired by Boeing. Now a defense contractor. Used to have a super smart Architect. He left. Used to have a really good Engineering head. He left. Used to have a top CTO. He kinda checked out. Used to have company equity. That's gone.

June 4, 2018Director, Human Resources

Even though your review is not positive, we are open to hearing the feedback and want to provide a response. Acquisitions do create change. We feel that we have managed through this change incredibly well, while still maintaining our culture and top leadership. Even though change can be hard, it has created opportunities for others to grow and an opportunity to bring in different perspectives and skill sets. We are excited about our future. The employees at Liquid Robotics are smart, motivated, and such great people! If you continue to have concerns, we encourage you to speak directly to your manager or any other leadership member on our team.

"very cool tecnology, fascinating, hi impact applications"

I worked at Liquid Robotics part-time

Pros

Great people, Ultra cool technology and a product that is making a difference in improving the environment and increasing national security.

Cons

Early stage market for robotics but unlimited upside as market matures

August 17, 2017VP Marketing

Wow—thanks for the great feedback! The Wave Glider is “ultra-cool” and we are excited to be leading the way in developing the market for surface ocean robots. It can be challenging at times, but we remained focused. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Liquid Robotics and hope you stay in touch.

8. "Amazing Culture & Meaningful Work"

I have been working at Liquid Robotics full-time

Pros

Liquid Robotics is a team player environment. Roles are fluid, and everyone does what needs to be done even if it's not listed in their job description. Employees are empowered and given more responsibility than you would find at a large company. There's a feeling that what we do as a company matters, and each and every employee plays a role in our success.

Cons

The company is still navigating how to fit into the Boeing bureaucracy while maintaining its innovative spirit.

August 17, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for sharing your impression of our Company and culture. At most small companies people tend to wear many “hats”. This is certainly true at Liquid Robotics, but part of what makes our culture unique is the attitude and commitment of our colleagues. People aren’t limited by their job description; if someone needs help, you jump in. And perhaps the best part is that we are working on something big. Designing an ocean robot that can withstand the ocean environment and deliver meaningful information to our customers, is hard. Our work here matters, so it’s worth it! We are glad you are on the team and we do appreciate your advice. The leadership team is discussing this.

9. "Great company to work for"

4.0

I worked at Liquid Robotics

Pros

It's a good company to work for

Cons

No Cons, just miss all people there

August 17, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Liquid Robotics. Stay in touch!

"Peaked in 2015"

I worked at Liquid Robotics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Engineering, manufacturing and operations teams have some of the most dedicated people I've seen. Always available to help or answer questions in a timely manner.

Cons

No collaboration with marketing or sales. It's the engineers job to design what the sales people said the vehicle could do before actually doing it. Marketing continuously writes puff articles with no cross checking for improvements with subject matter experts. In light of the recent oil and gas recession, the company was lucky Boeing bought it. Boeing definitely got the better end of the deal.

August 17, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for submitting feedback on Liquid Robotics. All inputs are reviewed and discussed with key personnel in the Company. Criticism is never easy to receive, but the management team wants to hear positives and negatives. Our culture respects and encourages suggestions for change, from all levels and groups within the Company. The culture you describe does not correlate with the employee survey and direct employee feedback that we receive, nor is a culture that the management team would allow to exist.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 English Reviews