LiveWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

LiveWorld Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

LiveWorld CEO Peter H. Friedman (no image)
Peter H. Friedman
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, work from home(in 27 reviews)

• "Along with this, we are a driven and highly motivated social media voice and privileged to work for such an amazing array of strong, passionate clients(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "They have far too many moderators and they will give you VERY FEW hours if you're at a higher payrate(in 13 reviews)

• "hard to keep up with technical changes, low pay, no advancement opportunities(in 6 reviews)

1. "Flexible and Friendly"

Current Employee - Agent in Rice Lake, WI

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time for less than a year

Pros

Set hours of availability, friendly management

Cons

No cons noticed so far.

LiveWorld2019-01-17

"Unimpressed"

Current Employee - Agent in Erie, PA

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, Some control over schedule

Cons

Not enough hours, Company retaliation, Unfair client distribution, Harsh attendance rules made for 1970 slave factory, Lowest pay in industry

Advice to Management

I was really excited when I got hired and now feel it's a waste of time. They choose favorites to work shifts and to get clients. This has been a complaint the company doesn't care about at all. I've noticed they target certain individuals to get rid of them and to make room for favorites. Don't bother giving constructive feedback they will punish you by clearing your schedule. A former employee warned me this... would happen and that the support team isn't about support at all and how it will never change. If there is upper management, they don't seem to exist or care. The agents are run by a person with the worst judgment and what appears to go against fair employment practices. There are made up rules not in the handbook. The company should care more about every employee. Very unfair. Audits speak for themselves.

LiveWorld2019-07-25

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at LiveWorld full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone works Remote, solid benefits.

Cons

Operates as a start-up after 20 years, no real funding to keep their employees after they lost their biggest account. No Loyalty to their employees. They do not have any solid processes in place.

Advice to Management

You should do more to train and coach your employees

LiveWorld2019-01-09

"Social Media Moderator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at LiveWorld part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible schedule, work from home

Cons

Low pay, no advancement opportunities, low hrs a week

Advice to Management

Moderators do most of the job they need to pay better

LiveWorld2018-05-21

"Moderator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at LiveWorld part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Easy money but you will make very little. Work from home.

Cons

Extremely few hours, I averaged about 1.5h a week. They have far too many moderators and they will give you VERY FEW hours if you're at a higher payrate. The low payrate moderators might get more hours but the pay is so low that you just work more and get paid about the same. No pay increase or any sign of appreciation for 12 yrs I worked there. You cannot work from your phone which is very frustrating when you are... given work for half an hour a day at a designated time a couple times a week so you have to plan your day accordingly to make 5-10$. They will harass and call you if you haven't shown up for your shift in 3 minutes. They will only allow you to be late a few times with their Tier1-3 warning system. And even when you haven't been late or missed more than one or two shifts lately, they decide to let you go with a list of various reasons that are made up. All this after over a decade of commitment to this strangely desinged and managed company that is selling itself as some cutting-edge industry leader but has more problems than any other company I've worked for. They also change their systems and platforms often so you have to actually take time to learn them, all for your 10-20$ pay a week. You will also be treated like a robot and will never feel like a human in the system or valued in any way. I have no idea why I stuck around as long as I did. There is no reason to work for this employer, they will use you and you will make very little income.

LiveWorld2018-04-25
  6. "Progressive, innovative"

Current Employee - Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Modern company understands and embraces employees as people and not just workers. My many, many LGBT co-workers and I have enjoyed and benefited from LW's policies founded on equal treatment regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Along with this, we are a driven and highly motivated social media voice and privileged to work for such an amazing array of strong, passionate clients.

Cons

There's legit no cons I can honestly say come to mind offhand, sorry!

Advice to Management

Don't change, remain committed and "Act like a startup, no matter your size." -Marc Lore

LiveWorld2018-03-22

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can indicate your own availability and change it when you need to. I love the flexibility - with a baby I was glad to be able to work early mornings and schedule for nap times (as much as that was possible). The option of picking up more shifts and freedom of working from home is a great plus as well.

Cons

As a part time job there is a max of hours and it is rough when there are no hours available or a project ends. You have to wait and see what your schedule is and this can be frustrating at times as it is not always the same.

Advice to Management

Never had any problems with management. They are very appreciative of their employees and communicate well concerning what is happening with the company and what they expect from employees.

LiveWorld2017-10-03

"Pretty okay for reviewing, pretty bad for content creating"

Current Employee - Social Medica Content Moderator in Denver, CO

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy work, flexible and I appreciated being able to work wherever i wanted. Great international community

Cons

Weird hours and not enough which wouldnt be a problem for most, but this is a hard full time job to have and hours will be cut like crazy. Get used to being on call to getting hours. A bit stressful

Advice to Management

I think managers should keep doing what they are doing, I have not had a bad experience with the managers and I think they are fine.

LiveWorld2017-10-02
  9. "Excellent Company to Work For!"

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The #1 pro, of course, would be the work from home aspect, who doesn't like to work from home? Steady work with room to grow within the company LiveWorld is like one big family. Everyone cares about one another and is very supportive of one another. This is REAL work from home from an actual employer. Cutting-edge technology is making waves in the social media world, recently winning the BIG Innovation... Award.

Cons

Client contracts expire and some are left scrambling to make up those hours elsewhere, sometimes it's not possible for them to do this due to lack of training or limited hours on the client. There should be a common job/backup for those to apply to who see their hours cut due to loss of client contracts, whether it's office work, supporting managers, etc. Limited hours, no option for overtime, no benefits for... moderators.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You have a tremendous workload and a lot on your plate and you should hold your head up high knowing you are doing the best you can.

LiveWorld2017-06-02
  10. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at LiveWorld

Pros

Working from home works very well for me. I don't have to spend a lot of money on a wardrobe, don't have to put wear and tear on my car or deal with the rising cost of fuel. I have my own office space that is comfortable for me. I have been with LiveWorld for several years and have always appreciated the flexibility of the work schedule. The staff and coworkers are more family than just work acquaintances. My... supervisors are great to work for! They keep in mind that we are all human. Believe it or not, this is a real job with a real company. I have no problem with them expecting me to treat it as such. After all, I expect to be treated as a real employee.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is the lack of face-to-face contact with coworkers. Most of the time that's not a bad thing. Sometimes, you feel disconnected, but it passes.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Pass on the information we need to provide our clients with top notch performance. I believe LiveWorld will continue to grow and expand.

LiveWorld2017-04-20