LiveWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Peter H. Friedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; flexible schedule; supportive management (in 29 reviews)

• The schedule was a flexible schedule (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The only Con I can think of is the lack of face-to-face contact with coworkers (in 4 reviews)

• hard to keep up with technical changes, low pay, no advancement opportunities (in 6 reviews)

1. "Super power of social media"

Current Employee - Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Liveworld is not another social media organization. As Steve Jobs birthed Apple, Liveworld was one of the very first to build online communities during the baby and childhood years of the internet. The focus has always been to build and maintain heartfelt, thoughtful discussions covering a wide range topics to online communities. They have, of course, have grown, evolved and possess innovative technology which continues to grow and expand. They also have state-of-the-art technology and provide a wide range of services. I'm a proud employee whose been in this company for 12 years. I was moved to write a review during the holiday season as a salute to my superiors, co-workers and our beloved CEO.
    Thank you all for your enthusiastic passion. Wishing Liveworld all the best in the coming New Year!

Cons

It's difficult for me to honestly come up with a Con or Cons that prove noteworthy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your outstanding direction over the years! Your talent, experience and expertise enhances our teams and morale across the board. Your love of our clients, agents and co-workers shows in a most delightful way. Wishing you all another amazing year!

2. "Moderator"

Former Employee - Moderator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Moderator in Dallas, TX

I worked at LiveWorld part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    Flexible Schedule
    Can work in your PJ's

Cons

Low Pay
    Favoritism amongst certain employees
    Not Enough Hours
    No feedback provided regarding performance
    No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Stop lying to future applicants just to fill a short-term need then laying them off for vain reasons. Additionally, pay needs to increase as well as the hours.

"Who is Christina?"

Former Employee - Agent in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Agent in San Jose, CA

Pros

A chance to earn some money because any little amount helps
    Work at home
    Few decent clients left
    Work at home
    Uhm, thinking

Cons

No job stability
    Not enough hours
    No equal or fair scheduling even if you have 24 hr availability
    Silly schedule time slots
    Same old complaints that are never resolved, yawn

Advice to Management

To the student that supposedly interviewed Christina. Who is Christina? We've never heard of her. Why interview someone behind the scenes and not the hands on workers? If everything is soo peachy, then why do all the real reviews contradict this heavenly job in the clouds idea? So this is where the company's energy is at! No substantial turnarounds, just more covering up. Nothing new. Employees are not happy for a reason. Try caring more about why so you don't have to go to great lengths to protect your image. The majority of people are frustrated for a reason. You should deal with it? It would be a lot easier.

The company is just out of date and keeps doing the same thing over and over again! A few things about this company is they don't ever really progress! After looking at all of the reviews, it's the same complaints since the beginning of their existence! Even Forest Gump would get a clue by now.

It's hard to hide, they are very behind in what other social companies are doing/paying. Their pay raise is not bonafide, the pay depends on the level of shift (and for the record, no one else does this, cheapskates). They continue to disrespect agents, but glorify the managers that came from a Cracker Jack box and have nothing to offer. Survival of this organization is QUESTIONABLE. They would rather silence you instead of hearing the truth to help keep their business profitable. Bullying and bossing by stuffy old managers won't bring you more profits, get your head out of the sand, there are bigger fish to fry. Will the time ever come for corporate to get involved and make a presence? Take your company back before it's too late.

The only real attraction here is work from home. That is all. Sometimes it's not even worth the headache or drama (virtual drama, sad!). It's good for disabled people because some of them can't leave the house for a job or for people with young kids. Everyone else get out into the workforce, this is not your dream job but nightmare. Do the disabled even deserve this suffering to earn a buck? Tisk Tisk. I'm BEYOND HAPPY that I got out and I'm with a new company. I'm mad at myself for having been stuck in a non-challenging, unreasonable, old biddy lifestyle!!!

"BIG THUMBS UP!"

Current Employee - Moderator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A beautiful company with a VERY clever group of exceptional employees. Most managers possess EXTREME talent and experience in their field. Their tremendously insightful direction is not only appreciated but sought by many on a regular basis. Work detail is upbeat, powerful and exciting.

Cons

Realistically, it's difficult to come up with a con that would prove noteworthy.

Advice to Management

Thank you all for allowing me to work with this exciting and passionate team!

5. "Everyone works from home and all over US"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at LiveWorld (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked here almost 10 years. Managers are nice.

Cons

Maybe need more sales. Salary is below market maybe due to the flexibility of working from home

Advice to Management

Need better documentation on spec and test cases. Need a better resolution for test results tracking

"unjustified fired after 9 years of employment"

Former Employee - Social Media Moderator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Moderator in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

possibility to switch working hours

Cons

This company loses clients due to the unprofessional management. there is no conversation between employee and management. I was fired unjustified. if they don't want you in this company anymore, they won't give you more clients and as soon you don't even have one client anymore, they have a reason to end the contract. Worst social media service company ever.

Advice to Management

get a life

7. "Exciting company with marquee clients....Great and efficient hiring process"

Current Employee - Sales in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Northeast, NY

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LiveWorld has a great team that literally wrote the book on maximizing social media experiences for customers of the worlds largest brands with software and services. I think what stands out in my short time is how warm and welcoming the folks in the company have been.
    The hiring process for me was efficient and professional. My LiveWorld 'hiring shepard' was always upfront, easy to approach and rock solid. A great experience.

Cons

I have to say that the LiveWorld experience for me has been stellar. Although only with the company a short time the professionalism, leadership, focus, respect towards each other I've seen has been impressive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing for the last 20+ years. The employees and customers I've heard speak really know and love the company--not all companies have that.

"Dishonesty, No Communication"

Current Employee - Moderator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at LiveWorld (Less than a year)

Pros

Work remotely, flexible scheduling, decent training

Cons

Company overhires, doesn't respond to emails and phone calls. Promises never kept in terms of scheduling. Extremely dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

None - LiveWorld is a lost cause.

"part time, always part time"

Current Employee - Moderator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wish I could come up with a ton of pros but I can't. Feel like I am wasting my time here. Salary is decreasing because of cost of living. We will be poor soon, living on the street, eating cat food. Thanks for the love.

Cons

This company will probably cease to exist by 2020. Been here a few years and the experience has been confusing. Too many changes and revolving door over the last year. It is not the best social media company. They don't need "motivational mini-celeb speakers" on the board. tisk tisk

Advice to Management

Try to be happy. Consider other (stronger) organizations who have proven themselves over the years & be a step ahead of the game.

"Too many politics"

Current Employee - Moderator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Split shifts to accommodate a busy schedule
    Good for students
    Good for homemakers
    Good for extra money

Cons

Lack of work
    Low pay
    Low hours
    No respect
    Rude management

Advice to Management

Unfair treatment. For example, it's not a secret that favorite mods were picked for a raise ($12) due to recent complaints about pay. That's a large increase considering the same team members do the same job on the same project and earn $7.50. There is really no "new" project, it's the same project with a twist in the name to just recruit favorites for a higher pay. In fact, most of the work is just tagging! Even less talent required, what do you expect from people that are being rewarded based off of who they know or who they think is cute or funny? Everyone should get paid the same.

Will this madness ever stop? Unethical judgments are used to reward only friends/family by giving shifts and projects at higher pay to a certain group. The rest of the employees are kicked off the same project or left to sit to do the real work for less. It seemed for a little while that upper management was really listening to what employees where saying, and actually made some good changes. They just took 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards. Some managers really add no value and continue to foster this poor mindset, corporate needs to stop overlooking what is consistently brought to their attention if they plan to stay in business.

Real changes, not surface changes! Revamp of management? Fair pay for all? Friendly and fair treatment? It once was, but not anymore. Far too abused the system.