LiveWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Peter H. Friedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; flexible schedule; supportive management (in 25 reviews)

• Liveworld is not another social media organization (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The only Con I can think of is the lack of face-to-face contact with coworkers (in 4 reviews)

• hard to keep up with technical changes, low pay, no advancement opportunities (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can indicate your own availability and change it when you need to. I love the flexibility - with a baby I was glad to be able to work early mornings and schedule for nap times (as much as that was possible). The option of picking up more shifts and freedom of working from home is a great plus as well.

Cons

As a part time job there is a max of hours and it is rough when there are no hours available or a project ends.
    You have to wait and see what your schedule is and this can be frustrating at times as it is not always the same.

Advice to Management

Never had any problems with management. They are very appreciative of their employees and communicate well concerning what is happening with the company and what they expect from employees.

2. "Pretty okay for reviewing, pretty bad for content creating"

Current Employee - Social Medica Content Moderator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Social Medica Content Moderator in Denver, CO

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work, flexible and I appreciated being able to work wherever i wanted. Great international community

Cons

Weird hours and not enough which wouldnt be a problem for most, but this is a hard full time job to have and hours will be cut like crazy. Get used to being on call to getting hours. A bit stressful

Advice to Management

I think managers should keep doing what they are doing, I have not had a bad experience with the managers and I think they are fine.

3. "Excellent Company to Work For!"

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The #1 pro, of course, would be the work from home aspect, who doesn't like to work from home?

Steady work with room to grow within the company

LiveWorld is like one big family. Everyone cares about one another and is very supportive of one another.

This is REAL work from home from an actual employer.

Cutting-edge technology is making waves in the social media world, recently winning the BIG Innovation Award.

Cons

Client contracts expire and some are left scrambling to make up those hours elsewhere, sometimes it's not possible for them to do this due to lack of training or limited hours on the client. There should be a common job/backup for those to apply to who see their hours cut due to loss of client contracts, whether it's office work, supporting managers, etc.

Limited hours, no option for overtime, no benefits for moderators.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You have a tremendous workload and a lot on your plate and you should hold your head up high knowing you are doing the best you can.

4. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Working from home works very well for me. I don't have to spend a lot of money on a wardrobe, don't have to put wear and tear on my car or deal with the rising cost of fuel. I have my own office space that is comfortable for me.

I have been with LiveWorld for several years and have always appreciated the flexibility of the work schedule. The staff and coworkers are more family than just work acquaintances. My supervisors are great to work for! They keep in mind that we are all human.

Believe it or not, this is a real job with a real company. I have no problem with them expecting me to treat it as such. After all, I expect to be treated as a real employee.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is the lack of face-to-face contact with coworkers. Most of the time that's not a bad thing. Sometimes, you feel disconnected, but it passes.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Pass on the information we need to provide our clients with top notch performance. I believe LiveWorld will continue to grow and expand.

5. "Strong player in social media"

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home, blue chip clients, our product is cutting-edge, strong positive culture

Cons

The advantages of working from home far outweigh the disadvantages but it is a challenge to work on projects with other people without face-to-face meetings. Extensive use of video conferencing helps.

6. "Innovative, Brilliant & Flexible"

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time

Pros

LiveWorld is a social media services and software solution for Fortune 500 companies looking to advance their social media programs with a customer service focus. Their agents provide excellent service on behalf of many brands. The company integrates chat bots with humans, allowing a customer to get an automated solution but a customized response when necessary. The software is innovative and well built. The services team utilizes the software on behalf of many brands.

Cons

As a virtual work-from-home company, the team fosters online team building and relationships. You need to be motived and driven to work from home without a bunch of in-person relationships. So if you're a social person who likes face-to-face interactions on a daily basis, this company isn't for you. Depending on the position, the in-person meetings are between one to three times a month.

7. "Marketing"

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Solid company with 20+ year history founded by ex-Apple execs that know what they're doing considering this is one of the few social media companies that made it through two decades.
    - They have long standing, top-tier clients in key verticals. Provides stability
    - Very well articulated company culture that is truly lived out by execs on down. Not fluffy words that live on a poster. CEO actually takes all employees through culture training personally.
    - Love flexibility of working remotely (no commute), video conferencing, which demonstrates trust of upper mgmt. Definitely work model of the future that other companies should adopt.
    - Generous time off allotment (sick, personal + vacation) and HSA contributions.

Cons

Wish there where more healthcare insurance options for those working outside of California rather than high deductible but is balanced by company HSA contributions as mentioned above.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart talent and enabling them to make a difference.

8. "Great company to work for!!"

I have been working at LiveWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting credible market. Sound strategy that is positioning us for growth.

Cons

Cannot think of any Cons -

Advice to Management

Continue to push the company forward.

"You Won't be Valued"

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at LiveWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, interesting clients and strong teams.

Cons

Upper Management, poor work/life balance

Advice to Management

Spend less time discussing past triumphs and more time focused on the future. You have a bright staff and loyal teams that you don't listen to.

10. "Social Media Moderator"

I have been working at LiveWorld part-time

Pros

Flexibility of working from home, easy job and friendly coworkers

Cons

limited hours, would love to work more hours

Advice to Management

Keep up a wonderful job!