Localwise Reviews

Ben Hamlin
  1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Localwise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong work life balance and an incredible atmosphere. I am surrounded by those who want succeed and I could not love my job more!

Cons

This is a true startup so things change frequently!

Localwise2019-10-28
  2. "motivating team, your voice will be heard, daily communication with CEO"

Current Employee - Talent Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Localwise full-time for less than a year

Pros

great place to start your sales career, ownership & hustle mentality, true start up

Cons

really need a hustle mentality and passion for the success of the business to find a home here, not for everyone

Localwise2019-06-04

"Opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Localwise full-time

Pros

I’ve been at Localwise for 3 years now. The team culture and opportunities for growth within the company have kept me excited to come into work every day. Management makes a concerted effort to support both professional and personal development through teach-ins, one-on-one meetings, career pathing and advancement. Diverse levels of talent and down to earth colleagues create a competitive and supportive environment. Meritocracy is critical at Localwise, which is a huge plus for anyone new to the team.

Cons

Growth opportunities only come with the work you put in. You’ll have to be talented and hustle to progress within the company.

Localwise2018-09-26

"Incredible Opportunity"

Current Employee - Hiring Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Localwise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible market opportunity Great team, great chemistry Competitive OTE

Cons

High-growth/high-potential means commitment that goes beyond the 9-5.

Continue reading
    Localwise2018-09-11
  5. "Make an immediate impact"

4.0
    Former Employee - Hiring Specialist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Localwise full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Smart, motivated colleagues that push you to excel in your role 2) Opportunity to make an immediate impact within the company, no bureaucracy issues 3) Ben, Localwise CEO, is transparent about company strategy and direction. Gives you the “why” for what you do day to day 4) Great communication between engineering and sales. Dev team makes it a priority to support the sales team

Cons

Not a great fit for 9-5 "coasting" mentality. You need to work hard to keep up.

Continue reading
    Localwise2018-09-17

"Awesome team and an excellent product, with lots of growth potential"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Localwise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had a great experience working on the Account Executive and Account Management team here at Localwise. Product: There are consistent improvements and additions on the Localwise site that come at a rapid pace, and it makes the sales side very exciting. We're able to regularly bring good news regarding product updates to our clients whenever we speak with them, and most find the site very easy to use. Helping the site transform from a basic job posting board to a social network has been one of the most satisfying parts of this job. Job seekers and employers are communicative with their feedback, and I typically feel like they consider Localwise to be a partner, rather than a vendor. Team: The non-technical team is tightly knit, and the work atmosphere and culture is collaborative and team-oriented. I've found that everyone here is competitive, but in a way that tends to breed personal growth. The technical team is first-rate, and are communicative and responsive to the non-tech team. This is very different than my previous experience with dev teams. Leadership: CEO and leadership team will take the time to hear you out and take your feedback, while giving theirs in a constructive way. It always feels like we're building something meaningful. They focus a good amount on mission and big-picture in our group, so you won't forget why you're here.

Cons

Like any startup, you need to wear a lot of hats, so it's not a perfect fit for everyone.

Localwise2017-10-25

"Fantastic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Localwise full-time

Pros

Localwise is an amazing place to work. It all starts with Ben (CEO) and his ability to create a positive, high-energy, driven work environment. They hire team players that are passionate and buy-in to the values of the company. They go above and beyond to develop and pour into employees. This company will be successful because of the work ethic, talent and culture. 10/10.

Cons

As a pre-series A startup, the compensation is heavy on the equity. I strongly believe that as the company grows the cash compensation will rise.

Localwise2017-10-25
  8. "LOVE Localwise!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Localwise

Pros

I worked for Localwise when I was in college as an intern, and learned so much. Ben and Maya went above and beyond to make sure I was learning the skills that I needed in order to start a marketing career. When I graduated, I got a job in my dream field. I was only qualified because of this internship with Localwise. The people they hire are genuine and kind, and have great work etiquette. I'm still working as a freelance writer for them and hope to keep our relationship for as long as I can!

Cons

The compensation was small since I worked there in the beginning of the company, but as they become successful, I'm sure it'll improve with time!

Localwise2017-04-05
  9. "Localwise is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Localwise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, great CEO, and great product. Everyone on the dev team is amazing at what they do and also fun to be around! As a junior member on the dev team I really value that the team pushes me to learn and grow while still maintaining that balance of being highly productive. I enjoy that my work has such a big impact on the product and that I am constantly able to work on exciting new challenges. The entire Localwise team, starting with the CEO, is super passionate and hard working. It's really inspiring to work with such dedicated people. Localwise has been a great experience both personally and professionally for me!

Cons

Everything has been positive for me.

Localwise2017-03-17
  10. "Localwise is awesome"

Photographer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Localwise

Pros

Localwise is an awesome company that’s truly making a difference in the community. I really enjoyed working with Ben and Maya, and collaborating with other interns. They're doing great things to make an impact and I believe in their mission and values. I always felt like I was valued in the team-- they're always open to listening to your opinions and ideas, and everyone has always been so friendly.

Cons

No negative aspects working with Localwise.

Localwise2016-05-23