Lock Search Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Lock Search Group Reviews

3.8
Richard Lock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"They have a great eye for talent, but they are very dishonest to their employees"

I worked at Lock Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can think of none after the experience I had. I realized that everything I thought was great about the job was a tool to manipulate me in the end.

Cons

No one is honest with you from the lowest level of Management, all the way to the CEO. It is a small company, so you do have quite a bit of exposure to Richard Lock. There are no chances to improve on anything. If you aren't performing as expected (which, no one really tells you what is expected of you), they just fire you out of the blue.

Advice to Management

Instead of making your company LOOK like a fun place to work, make it BE a fun place to work.

"Great team environment"

Pros

They say GOOD leaders make you feel like THEY are important, but EXCELLENT leaders make you feel like YOU are important. That's exactly what comes to mind when I think of my team at Lock- excellent leaders at all levels. The collaborative and supportive environment that LSG has is unmatched by any previous employer I have ever worked for. Your ideas, input and opinions are always accepted and that is the only true way that a business will continue to develop and innovate.

Cons

There is nothing at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to support, recognize and value the contributions all team members because it does not go unnoticed by employees. Thanks!

3. "Coordinator"

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Communication across all levels of management is open and encouraged. Employee involvement is also encouraged. Great team work atmosphere.

Cons

The benefits package could be better. Presence across social media platforms is limited for now.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve your employees because they are your biggest asset and possess a lot of knowledge that can be leveraged. Moreover, a move towards being more technologically-savy and social media present would be beneficial.

4. "Excellent place to work"

Pros

From my first interview to months later I can truly say this company is like a family. Everyone I work with locally and associate with nationally is helpful and encouraging from my day to day task to the bigger picture of my position. Richard has passed so much knowledge down to his team and continues to support everyone through their growth with Lock.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

5. "Recruitment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've seen a postitve change in the past 3 years at LSG. The Coordinator role has been elevated; the Recruiters are now in a positive partnership with the Coordinators to create a synergie between sourcing and recruiting. We offer a real 360 degrees in the recruitment process to our clients and candidates. The new hires are now better onboarded and there is a willingness from everyone to share best practices and information on a national level.

Cons

LSG has been lacking on a technological level, but we are working on "being out there" level and rebranding our presence on all social media platforms. We are working on a mobile friendly website as well.

Advice to Management

It is refreshing to know that our opinion matters when higher management wants to make a decision. I think all organisations can benefit from leveraging their employees to stay competitve on the market.

6. "Great People, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator

Pros

Great employees, great management. For those who are proactive and not afraid to pick up the phone you will succeed.

Cons

None that come to mind.

7. "An incredible opportunity, an incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, great reputation, nice diversification of business both by industry and function, long-standing clients, deep candidate network, hard-working/performance-driven/fun/friendly/supportive/familial/down-to-earth employees, significant autonomy to build out your business within Lock with solid support.

Cons

As a profession, recruitment is not for everyone. It can be taxing, emotionally-draining, and sometimes frustrating...but it can also be incredibly rewarding, fun, and stimulating. Typically those that do not succeed within Lock, are those that discover that recruitment is just not a fit for them. For those that do enjoy and excel at it, you couldn't find a better place to work than Lock. Honestly.

Advice to Management

Continue to build-out new practice areas, continue to invest in great people, continue to foster the service-oriented, performance-driven, work-hard/play-hard mentality that made the company what it is today.

8. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Lock Search Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly, good culture.

Cons

The job was not for me. Too repetitive.

"Negative disheartening experience"

Pros

Location, parking, access to gym, many years of experience behind them, work hard play hard mentality.

Cons

I worked for LS for less than one year. I was promised that I would gain exposure to their strong client list, I would benefit from introductions to their clients and that I would have their full support in building up a brand new division. NONE of this happened I made many attempts to reach out to LS's internal recruiters for assistance that was simply put ignored. I went to upper management the same person that made all of these promises that was flat out ignored with a shrug of the shoulders because simply put this was not his problem.

Advice to Management

You have a great brand, support your employees it's the ones that are struggling that reach out and ask you for help, help them. As Kevin Spacey put it "If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down."

"Over 10 years so far and very happy"

Pros

Freedom to build a business. Support. Great culture.

Cons

Communications in a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Don't forget, we got this far by supporting new ideas and running hard to make those ideas work.