Cover image for LufCo

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 25 of over 25 reviews

4.9
LufCo CEO Heather Couvillon Lufburrow (no image)
Heather Couvillon Lufburrow
      Mar 29, 2023
      Business Outlook

Pros

LufCo provides everything I'd want in a company. Flexible work hours, small company feel, hybrid work model, competitive compensation, interesting work (pushing the limits of technology), passion, and world class teammates helping each other along the way. I looked for a new career opportunity for over a year and I'm really happy LufCo reached out to me.

Cons

I can't think of any right now.

You and every member of the team make us who we are, and we are so glad that you decided we were the right next step for you. Being a part of the talent and horsepower each of you bring to the adventure is so rewarding. We are excited for the future and what all of us are going to build together!

Feb 10, 2023
        Senior Digital Signal Processing Engineer
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

This company is terrific. Excellent team dynamic, good challenging and meaningful work. Employee Work/Life balance is important to all of the company leadership. A growing small company that seeks to retain its small company feel. You get treated like the professional that you are.

Cons

Well, I can't think of any.

We like learning, and we've learned a lot since you joined. We're grateful for that and for your dedication to the mission and handing down the knowledge you have gained through experience. Looking forward to tackling lots of hard problems together!

2. Join the LufCo team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Jan 6, 2023
          Business Outlook

Pros

There is an incredible team spirit and respect for individual strengths at LufCo. The leadership is accessible and genuinely invested in the employees' professional success and wellbeing, while keeping focused on the mission and challenging work that needs to be accomplished. It's exciting to be a part of a company that is growing and creating innovative work. Every day is a new adventure and puzzle to be solved.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy at this time.

We are so glad that you chose to become a part of the team and for all of your contributions. Looking forward to the future together as we build it!

Feb 10, 2023
            Systems Engineer
            Current Employee
            Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Interesting and challenging work. Approachable front office staff. Community involvement. Camaraderie.

Cons

The company is growing and adapting to the challenges of supporting a distributed workforce.

We have enjoyed seeing your energy that you apply to solving problems for the customer and look forward to working together to ensure that everyone in the company has what they need, when they need it - both now and in the future. Thanks for all you do!

Jan 7, 2022
              Develops Engineer
              Business Outlook

Pros

- Professional co-workers that are extremely knowledgeable. - Employee first approach to employee benefits. - Leadership chain is attentive and open to suggestions - The work is challenging and engaging, you're given the opportunity to work with new technologies and present ideas. - The compensation is more than fair and on par with the rest of the cleared industry. - The company Culture feels fun and engaging.

Cons

- It's a smaller and newer company, and with that they might not be able to provide as much contract mobility, but that is changing with time.

Thanks for making the decision to join the team and trust us to be a part of your professional journey. We're looking forward to the growth 2022 is bringing and the opportunities it will continue to reveal!

Jan 8, 2022
                Current Employee, more than 5 years
                Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work/life balance Wide variety of work and technologies Leadership accomodates special requests which gives the company a personal feel.

Cons

None that I can think of.

We're very proud of what we've built together, and we're so glad that you've been a part of that foundation!

Apr 24, 2021
                  Current Employee, more than 5 years
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Great peeps, great growth opportunity both in Gov't and commercial. Exciting opportunities! Handled pandemic very well. Very adaptavle to meeting future goals.

Cons

Not much, can be harder sometimes to find work to work with teammates at times.

We couldn't do any of it without you. Thank you for helping to make LufCo what we are as you continue to grow. We are excited about the prime opportunities we're pursuing this year and continuing to generate more opportunities for our teams to work together day to day.

Apr 22, 2021
                    Director
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, leadership, and growth potential is amazing. There is also a really great team environment with great collaboration. The owners work hard to make sure we are taken care of. I'm excited to see what the future will bring.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

The energy and dedication you bring to the team is exciting! We're grateful you've chosen to be part of the LufCo team and look forward to continuing to build that future together.

Sep 6, 2018
                      Principal Software Engineer
                      Annapolis Junction, MD
                      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to feel like a number or a billable resource who can go just through the motions, LufCo probably isn't for you... If you want to contribute to, learn from, and grow alongside a team comprising of diverse skills and backgrounds, then read on. This is not a cookie cutter engineering consulting or government contractor type of situation. LufCo's founders and principal players are eager to do something different, both for our customers and for our team members. You may find yourself eager to contribute in ways you have not been able to in your career so far, because you will realize that at LufCo, it might actually make a direct difference to both you, our team and our customers.

Cons

There are no Cons to speak of

We are so grateful that you chose to take the leap and join us on our adventure! Each and every LufCo employee brings something unique to our capability, and the combined results you all continue to produce humble us. We look forward to tackling everything the future brings together!

Feb 12, 2019
                        Principal Software Engineer
                        Havre de Grace, MD
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Almost every review/article/blog you happen upon during your google travels speak of a work-life balance. Work then home, work then home, repeat with hopes the scale never tips in a direction to upset one or the other. The above average company can offer this. And, admittedly, I was content working for said companies. But I was bored. Expressing this boredom to a few friends and coworkers, I was fortunate one responded who worked at LufCo and hit me up to partake in one of their new adventures. I was hesitant to break away from my 'work-life' balance/family, but decided to take the leap. And never looked back! Enter the third component of the trifecta: growth. I’ve added no less 8 technologies this year, not including the business side of the house. All of this made possible by the ‘trifecta’ that defines the culture at LufCo: Heather, Andy, and Beth. Order is not important - the three of them compliment each other so much, if you can’t find inspiration in at least one of them, LufCo is not for you!

Cons

You might have to think outside the box.

We love the energy and drive you've brought to everything you've touched since you started, and we very much look forward to the future together. Our potential and what we bring to the table gets more fun and more interesting with each amazing person that joins us, and we couldn't be more excited for what's to come. Thank you for choosing to become part of the LufCo family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews
                      </>Embed

LufCo Reviews FAQs

LufCo has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 25 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at LufCo to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LufCo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LufCo. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

100% of LufCo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LufCo 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LufCo to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with LufCo Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Kasali Monsuru Adebayo

My mind is like make I make it

0 Comments

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi! Any tips on how to prepare for an interview Talent Acquisition position at Metrolinx?

0 Comments

Senior Graphic Designer

Hello all- I have a question. Context: I've completed a four-stage interview process for a design position at a large retail corp. The final interview on Nov 15 went very well! I sent thank-you notes that week and last holiday week sent flowers and an edible arrangement, thanking and asking about next steps. They said they have been busy + will reach out soon. It's almost been two weeks. They have been so eager the entire process and now it's quiet. Should I email them again? Is this normal?

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 25 LufCo reviews submitted anonymously by LufCo employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if LufCo is right for you.