MA Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Abraham Ma

Pros
  • Really appreciate company to offer flexibility to make employees maintain work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Good for new graduates specially if you need the company sponsors you a working visa (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is 99% Chinese and nearly all the workers speak Chinese and only Chinese (in 8 reviews)

• old, filthy, and clutter working environment (in 6 reviews)

1. "good company to work for"

I have been working at MA Laboratories full-time

Pros

branch manager is very helpful and nice colleagues

Cons

nothing so far.. good company to work for

Advice to Management

na

"Worse company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at MA Laboratories full-time

Pros

I can't remember of any...

Cons

1.cheapest company 2. Discrimination base on race.3 horrible pto plans. 4. Dirty work environment . 5. Chinese speaker 5. Horrible 41k plan.

Advice to Management

try to make your employees happy . It doesn't mean that they working for you for years they are happy with the company because you forcing them to stay with you because of the visa issue . Instead of hiring new people try to invest in your current employee by giving them promotion and increasing salary . Been working here for 10 years and my salary haven't change .

"Good balance on work and life"

I have been working at MA Laboratories full-time

Pros

Never work overtime, relaxed working environment, good team members and nice manager

Cons

Lower pay when comparing with other companies

Dec 16, 2016 – HR

We are glad that you are enjoying the work-life balance at Ma Labs. We regularly review our compensation packages and we strive to remain competitive within our industry. Please contact the Human ... More

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at MA Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance. Stable office hour. Good for entry level or be your first job. You can have basic understanding about jobs in distributors and close to retail market. Nothing too hard to learn. Good for mothers who need jobs and take care of kids everyday.

Cons

If you already had working experience, you might not learn too much, or see too much here. Salary isn't good. Doesn't have good promotion program. Workload can be very unfair among different team members.

Advice to Management

Give your team members more chance to try and learn.

Dec 16, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. Ma Labs often promotes from within our organization and we consistently encourage our employees to openly communicate with their managers and our HR team regarding any ... More

6. "Sales Support"

I worked at MA Laboratories full-time

Pros

Good training, nice people, reliable income. I worked hard at the company and learned and earned there. I had a opportunity to move on after a year at the company so I did.

Cons

The pay is just ok. There isn't much diversity at the company. The work got boring after a while but I guess that isn't the company's fault. The lunch room wasn't very pleasant.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management so I don't know what else to put here. That is all.

Nov 25, 2016 – HR

Thank you for providing feedback and helping Ma Labs with the company’s success. We are glad you had a positive experience working with us and we sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"No futures if you decide to work here"

Former Employee - Account Support Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Support Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at MA Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

9 to 5 daily job, better than getting unemployment. This is a sunset industry and faces competitions from amazon. Well known company in Chinese communities treating employees bad.

Cons

Managers love to play politics. Super rare job promotion and very low salary compensation. Benefits is bad. Pto is even worse. Don't recommend unless u r desperate to get a job.

"Account Manager"

Pros

Company specializes in hiring people who are willing to work hard but not being compensated fairly. The only perk is free water and occasionally free bagels (who eats them?)

Cons

No future, no growth, no innovation, poor benefits.

Nov 25, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your input. Ma Labs is a company that hires the best people for our business needs. We are also very proud our employee retention. Over 40% of our employees at our headquarters in San ... More

"account manager"

I worked at MA Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro in this company is work life balance. But it is not because they care about employees, it's because they do not want to pay you over time.

Cons

very typical old fashioned Chinese company. there is no human rights there.
    Old sales bully new hires all the time. new sales can barely survive in that company.
    cameras are everywhere in the company. it's like you are working in a jail. people are watching you secretly no matter what you do.
    And the manager does not want to mentor you
    Senior managers like to bossy around new hires, if you do not listen, you are screwed,
    No freedom at all, no fun, and no human rights. You can't be yourself if you want to survive in this company.
    Office politics. you need to know the rules or you are screwed.
    Very unreasonable pay.

Advice to Management

pay less attention to office politics and more attention to improve company culture and human rights

Dec 16, 2016 – HR

We are sorry to hear about your insights. Ma Labs believes that our employees are our most valuable assets and we comply with all aspects of legal requirements. We would like to hear more about your ... More

"Account Manager"

I worked at MA Laboratories full-time

Pros

Good to learn and start a career if you don't have any experience

Cons

You can't grow on the company

Oct 27, 2016 – HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ma Labs is a company that values employees who have a passion to learn our industry. We provide training to all our new employees and we take pride in providing ... More

"anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at MA Laboratories full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Company gives the room to help you grow and offer opportunities to learn.
    2.Really appreciate company to offer flexibility to make employees maintain work-life balance
    3.the atmosphere here make you feel like being part of a family
    4 great and helpful co-workers

Cons

can not think of anything bad

Oct 27, 2016 – HR

We are always glad to hear that the needs of our employees are being met. As a valued employee who has stayed with our company for over 10 years, we appreciate your feedback and we thank you for the ... More