Mactac Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Ed LaForge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Support / Customer Service"

Former Employee - Sales Support/Customer Service Representative in Stow, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Support/Customer Service Representative in Stow, OH

I worked at Mactac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Family culture, pay is good, friendly co-workers and manager. Everyone I worked with had my back.

Cons

A lot of time spent at a computer.

Advice to Management

None. The current Customer Service Manager in Stow, OH is amazing. She is understanding, flexible, and bends over backward to help you out.

Jul 14, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are so happy you had a great experience here. We really are proud of the friendly atmosphere here, and it's great you were able to enjoy it. The Customer... More

2. "Family Friendly Company!"

I have been working at Mactac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here feels like family. There have been many people here for 20+ years, so it's nice to see co-workers get along so well for such a long time. Mactac also does alot of fun activities like picnics, Trick or Treating, community events, etc which helps to keep all of the employees interacting with eachother. I really enjoy coming to work here every day!

Cons

We are a lean company, so sometimes, you have to wear multiple hats. We've gone through some change the past few years, but it feels like we are moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Communication is key!

Jun 5, 2017 – HR Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Mactac! It's so nice to hear how happy you are working here, and thank you for recognizing the positive aspects of our culture. We... More

3. "Mactac"

I have been working at Mactac full-time

Pros

Progressive company that values employees and a positive culture within a fast grow the business pace

Cons

Flat organization that requires you to wear many hats

Apr 27, 2017 – HR Specialist

We appreciate you reviewing Mactac! It's wonderful that you realize the positive growth potential here as we are working hard to become more progressive. Yes, many people wear multiple hats, which is... More

"Mactac Review"

I have been working at Mactac full-time

Pros

Pay is decent, most employees are nice enough. The work is pretty standard so there aren't outlandish expectations. You are required to do miscellaneous tasks or take over additional tasks due to employees leaving.

Cons

I would not recommend working here! With the company changing hands and being purchased there have been continued negative changes. (Downsizing in the wrong areas, company only downsizing for greater profits.) Managment does not care about employees and some positions have a high turn over rate. The offices are poorly laid out and dated which comes across as unprofessional. Communication is severly lacking and causes a lot of unnecessary confusion. The company has absolutely no loyalty to employees regardless of how long you have worked here. Many benefits are below industry standard especially 401k. I am looking to jump ship as soon as I can get a replacement job.

Advice to Management

Communication! Work to show appreciation for employees dedication and hard work.

May 30, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. I am very sorry you feel so negatively about the changes taking place. The purchase by Lintec is bringing about many positive changes and... More

"Behind the times company"

I worked at Mactac full-time

Pros

Good industry--lots of growth. Clean plant.

Cons

Very ineffective organizational structure with 1970's mentality in silo's departments. No S&OP process, no forward thinking management, no lean manufacturing--just day-to-day drudgery.

Advice to Management

Leaderhip!

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mactac! We are so glad you recognize the positive growth potential in the company. We are certainly working toward the future, and it's... More

6. "A generally good place to work"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Mactac (Less than a year)

Pros

Well paid, good benefits, friendly, some very smart people on board, wide variety of experiences, potential room for advancement, can wear many hats. A large amount of people have been here more than ten years. Honestly, it's a great place to work.

Cons

There is an obvious disconnect between the office staff and production, so essential communication can be poor at times. Lots of veterans near retirement within the next 10 years without many younger employees, which may lead to future issues. Due to much of the staff being older, some can be a little too stuck in their ways. The work isn't always exciting.

Advice to Management

Try to utilize your employees to their full potential. Don't be afraid to let go of people. Use better advertisement for job openings; with the salaries offered, you can be much more selective to get the best of the best.

7. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Barberton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Barberton, OH

I have been working at Mactac (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are several people that have 15+ years of service.

Cons

Unfortunately my position was eliminated for 2016.

8. "Production worker"

Former Employee - Coater Operator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Coater Operator in Akron, OH

I worked at Mactac (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits good place to work

Cons

They Closed down the plant

9. "New Ideas Welcomed"

I have been working at Mactac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is always open to new ideas and new strategies. I never feel like I am unable to suggest something or make a comment. The mix of people are anywhere between 40 years and a few months of working at Mactac and all extremely willing to help with any project.

Cons

Sometimes you have to be willing to wear many hats. This can be seen as a pro and con. In my job, I am not only involved in my main tasks but also involved in many other projects. To me, this is seen as opportunities but others might see this as distracting. You choose!

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing and holding everyone accountable to their tasks.

10. "Good company to work for although company is poorly managed."

Current Employee - Production Management in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Production Management in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Mactac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Owned by Bemis, good benefits, reasonable pay, stable customer base. Company will invest money into equipment and R&D when reasonable payback is expected.

Cons

Management has become very poor, often times making very bad decisions that negatively affect the production workers; but management individuals are not then personally held accountable.

Advice to Management

Develop and then stick to a long range plan. Stop issuing conflicting and confusion decisions to the shop floor.