Magnetic Inspection Laboratory Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2019

4.1
Magnetic Inspection Laboratory President Colin Schiewe (no image)
Colin Schiewe
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Junior Data Specialist in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best reasons include that the work we do here is incredibly meaningful. I also love that it seems they really care about their employees. I have had countless occasion where i received meaningful feedback on what to improve on and what I was doing right already. The benefits and comp. are great but what I also really appreciate is how quickly the day flies by. You won't go wrong working for this company.

Cons

The hours are kinda long, but they make up for it with OT!

Continue reading
  2. "Fast paced dynamic environment."

Current Employee - Undisclosed

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Although I've only been with this company for a short time, it's clear that MIL is here to stay and grow. The industry we are in demands superior quality and everything that goes on within the plant supports that initiative. Everyone is easy to get along with and there's a great camaraderie and team atmosphere. Production is really high and this requires long days for some but I would rather have really high production and long days with OT than short days or lay offs.

Cons

The only cons have pros at their core. Example - con: It takes a long time to get projects going because every facet of the project is scrutinized for value. This level of scrutinizing and oversight is a pro. Why would you want to work with a company that frivolously threw money and time at everything without thoroughly qualifying it.

Continue reading

3. "Great Company - Great People - Great Industry"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

Company is busy - lots of work to go around which means they are focused on growing. Huge emphasis placed on training and role integration Interesting industry that makes you feel proud to play a part in. Management is hugely knowledgeable and is more than willing to share/teach/coach without being over whelming or making you feel dumb. Relaxed work environment that encourages ideas and creative thinking. Work hard play hard mentality

Cons

There is a lot of work to go around which can lead to people getting stressed out - can lead to some uncomfortable situations with coworkers but no one means disrespect. There is a large amount of temp workers in the warehouse which can lead to difficulties in communication and trust. The production employees that put in the effort and want to contribute are huge assets! 30 min lunch is enough time to eat, but not enough time to decompress from any stress from the day.

Magnetic Inspection Laboratory Response

October 11, 2019HR Recruiting Specialist

This is good advice to management. Thank you. Management will discuss and consider your advice in order to continue growing our team atmosphere.

4. "Contract review"

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

Variety of work and detailed work

Cons

Too many accounts to deal with

"Okay"

I worked at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

No day is the same

Cons

Management likes to micromanage heavily

6. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

People are very friendly and always willing to help you out. Company as a whole wants you to be successful and grow as an individual.

Cons

Can get very busy at time. You need to know how to manage your time and stress.

7. "Great Place / Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Overall a good company with awesome people!

Cons

Can be very busy at times, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

8. "Excellent Learning Environment"

4.0

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

Continuous learning environment facilitated by management. Develop strong friendships with co-workers. Industry leader in metal finishing. Company creates opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Leadership sometimes procrastinates on decision making.

9. "Fast paced challenging work with good hardworking employees"

I have been working at Magnetic Inspection Laboratory full-time

Pros

You will never be bored, there is always something to do. The work is interesting and detailed. It is great if you like to be challenged. Everyone is friendly and willing to teach despite being busy. There is a lot of opportunity for pursuing projects that interest you and to grow as an employee.

Cons

The busy nature of the company can sometimes be stressful.

Continue reading
  10. "A Legitimate Team Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Estimator in Elk Grove Village, IL

Pros

Product and Process Knowledge is easily available and shared. Key Players are constantly working together towards a common goal. Very progressive work environment that encourages forward thinking and idea ownership.

Cons

Limited parking availability due to company growth.

Found 25 reviews