Marcum LLP Reviews
68% would recommend to a friend
(640 total reviews)
Jeffrey M. Weiner
71% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "i met some great people and was able to expand my experience working on different types of matters." (in 73 reviews)
- "pay is good and higher than the market" (in 33 reviews)
- "Overall corporate culture is good" (in 25 reviews)
- "Competitive salary" (in 18 reviews)
- "The atmosphere is great and everyone I have been in contact with has been friendly and knowledgeable." (in 17 reviews)
- "Long Hours during busy season though comparable to hours worked at other large national firms." (in 45 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance" (in 31 reviews)
- "Benefits could be better as compared to other firms" (in 30 reviews)
- "poor management and cliquey employees" (in 29 reviews)
- "Nothing bad except the long hours but that is expected within this industry." (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Marcum LLP and is not affected by filters.
Found 640 of over 721 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 6, 2023Financial Accounting and Advisory AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFort Lauderdale, FL
EXCELLENT CULTURE Great work life balance Great compensation Very smart and dedicated employees, quality employees and management, including direct manager and partner. Great career coaching by man agent & tools available Flexibility
Currently no cons I have been with the company for a little over a year (I previously worked at CVS corporate and a few other large companies), and I must say, Marcum LLP by far beats all my previous experiences. I work with quality people and I compensated very well. I also feel appreciated.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHartford, CT
Good pay, Nice people and interesting work
Very compartmentalized. meaning you only really interact with the people in your own department
- 5.0Oct 14, 2023SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Marcum's upper managements is top notch. The office managing partners and regional managing partners I have encountered are great. You are given a lot of opportunities to succeed. Most employees are very friendly.
Work life balance is very poor. The workload gets worse every year and they don't listen to you when you feel like the pressure is too much. There is too much of a focus on being billable and taking on more clients than we can handle. This makes the quality of service go downhill for clients. There is also not much organic growth and they are too focused on acquiring other firms in order to improve their rankings. Even though most individuals in Marcum offices are very nice and friendly, I have encountered some very rude and toxic people in the DC office as well as in one of the Florida offices.3
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Assurance StaffFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
partners are very helpful and hands on to all team members
inconsistent training, no standard methods, thrown into jobs, managers have all the power in performance reviews
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Semi-senior AuditorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearEast Hanover, NJ
Good learning experience. Worked with multiple different industries. Reasonable hours for public accounting. Great PTO
Understaffed. Lack of help and guidance at times.
- 1.0Nov 15, 2023Senior Tax ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
I met some great people but all of them either left the firm or fired by Marcum. The firm hires a lot of intalented people and they're incapable of doing tax returns.
no work life balance, busy season is at least 70 hours a week and HR don't care about you. CEO is a joke and he is very rude, he is a movie producer and shared about walking the red carpet with Kendall at Met Gala. They fired people who are talented and keep the ones who are lazy and don't do anything (someone who was working less than 40 hours a week during busy season)2
- 3.0Nov 22, 2023HR ManagerFormer Employee
Quality organization that has high expectations of their employees
HR is expected to hold the hands of leadership instead of just provide guidance. Support roles aren't valued as highly as the accountants.
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Senior Tax AccountantCurrent EmployeePhiladelphia, PA
Great at keeping employees happy even during busy season.
A lot of hours, but this is a downside of accounting as a whole
Marcum LLP Reviews FAQs
Marcum LLP has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 721 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Marcum LLP to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Marcum LLP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Marcum LLP 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.