MedKoder Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"By far, the best place I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Coder Auditor III
    Current Employee - Coder Auditor III

I have been working at MedKoder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I came to MedKoder, I was just a number. I never feel like that here. I had never really worked remote before so I was not sure what to expect. I have never really felt like I was remote. Everyone is just a phone call away and are always willing to help out. Even when I am having a bad day, my manager takes time from her work to help me out and work out whatever issue I am having. I have never worked for a company that made me feel that way. I actually lowered my daily stress level at this job. It took me awhile to actually get this job but it was so worth the wait.

Cons

When the only thing you really have to complain about is the clock in system, you really have it good. The only other thing I can think of that could be considered a con is the time it took to get hired. It took awhile to go through the whole process but it was well worth it. If you are starting the process, don't give up. IT IS WORTH IT.

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at MedKoder (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the BEST company that I have had the opportunity to work for! Such a great "family" environment even though I am remote. The involvement and communication is great and does not have a micro managed feel. Everyone works together, and we have weekly calls to keep up with what all is going on which is so nice to keep up to date. I would highly recommend this company. The companies mission and values are what caught my eye, and they stand firm in meeting those in all that they do.

Cons

I have not seen any cons with MedKoder.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"One of a kind company!"

Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Representative in Mandeville, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Representative in Mandeville, LA

Pros

MedKoder's leadership puts their employees first. I started with MedKoder fresh out of college and they have been more than enthusiastic and supportive. With most entry positions, they have a mentor to help guide them. In my case, I have an entire team of mentors to guide me toward success.
    When you join the MedKoder team, you are joining a professional, value-based organization that is continuing to grow.

Cons

Nothing but PROS! (If you work at the corporate office, it can get a little chilly! Brr!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're already doing. Clear communications, investing in the success of your employees, maintaining a positive atmosphere to work in: It is all working!

"First-Class Company"

Current Employee - Physician Coding Auditor III in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Coding Auditor III in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at MedKoder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission statement and core values are not simply words on the webpage or in the employee handbook. It is witnessed daily in the actions of management and employees. Management is approachable and knowledgeable. Communication from the IT department is the best I have ever experienced. Remote employees still experience a team environment.

Cons

There is not a downside to working for Medkoder!

Advice to Management

Continue to "Make it Happen"!

"Coder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, MD

I have been working at MedKoder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so happy I joined MedKoder. I have employed with them for almost 6 months now and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work for.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say.

Advice to Management

Management is doing an excellent job. I wouldn't change a thing.

"AWESOME Company"

Pros

I have been with MedKoder as a remote employee going on one year and not once have I ever dreaded getting up and going to work. I love my career choice and MedKoder allows me the opportunity to utilize my skills and expertise in a remote environment. This is an awesome place. I am so blessed to be part of a company that has strong morals and values. They treat their employees with respect and all levels of management are always there to listen and help in any way possible.

Cons

When I reflect on my time at MedKoder, I only have very positive thoughts.

Advice to Management

The company has grown since I have been onboard. This shows that management is doing an awesome job. The morale among the coding team is always positive. My advice to management is to keep doing what you are doing. It is obvious that the company is heading in the right direction.

"Stellar Company!"

Current Employee - Medical Coder III in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Medical Coder III in Memphis, TN

I have been working at MedKoder full-time

Pros

Have you ever worked for a company that wanted you to succeed in your career goals that they actually put their resources into making that happen? Well, I work for such a company. Their motto is "Make It Happen" and they are living up to that, which has a trickle down effect on us as employees. I can not say enough good things about things about this company. High moral ethics, fairness and true team atmosphere to name a few. Not only does the company have the best interest of its clients, but also its employees.

I was hired as a Coder III and from the very start I was impressed with the leadership of the company. My preemployment interview with the VP of the company solidified the decision that this was the best choice. She listened to where I wanted my career to go and immediately acted on it. For me, this said a lot about the integrity of Medkoder. Whether I make it or not is totally up to me because they have given me the resources to do it and I am very grateful.

The company has a very knowledgeable team of supervisors and employees who helped me out greatly during the transition to the client. They also have an excellent benefits package with a fully employer funded family medical insurance plan.

MedKoder is a very professional, growing and solid establishment that I absolutely enjoy working for.

Cons

None. But I do have a little advice: If you have career goals, express them because they listen and I believe, if at all possible, will assist you in succeeding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful thing you've started!

"Medkoder is awesome!!"

Current Employee - Medical Coder in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Current Employee - Medical Coder in Cape Girardeau, MO

Pros

Young but established company with tons of room to advance. I was impressed from the start that this is a coding company whose CEO is a certified coder. The benefits are better than any of my previous employers and I can't say enough good about the flexibility and support I've received while working here.

Cons

I have no cons to share. This company has exceeded my every expectation. I was a little nervous to take a chance on a remote position with a company that didn't have a brick and mortar building in my hometown but I took the leap of faith and now consider this company my home. I hope I can retire with them.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep doing what you're doing!

"Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Physician Coding Auditor in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Physician Coding Auditor in Remote, OR

Pros

This is an amazing company! They have strong ethics and work values, and take pride in their employees. There are so many positives: excellent compensation and benefits, a flexible work schedule, and kind, passionate fellow team workers and supervisors make this the ideal organization to fulfill your career goals.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of!

Advice to Management

You are successful at promoting passion and integrity with your employees. Keep being positive and inspiring!

"Professional Coder III"

Current Employee - Professional Coder III in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Professional Coder III in Remote, OR

Pros

Christian based company that really stands behind their mission and vision. Best company I have ever worked for!!! Flexible remote working environment. I am blessed to have found this job. Good pay & they cover 100% of my family's insurance premiums.

Cons

I have no cons to report