Methodist Health System Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.1
Methodist Health System CEO  James Scoggin, Jr.
James Scoggin, Jr.
Pros
  • "Great place to work with good benefits(in 20 reviews)

• "Good pay, good teamwork, available management(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Short staffed, old equipment in some areas, busy, ratio, staffing(in 9 reviews)

• "poor upper management, cramped work space(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I’ve ever worked!

May 10, 2021 - Front Office Supervisor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1, Methodist felt like a family. I was welcomed by everyone in my clinic and everyone was eager to help me find my way.

Cons

I haven’t come across one yet.

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 31, 2021 - RN Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Methodist Dallas has a great culture of friendly people who help and encourage eachother. The President of the hospital, John Phillips, is kind and humble and will stop to ask you how your day is going and thank you for the work you do as he passes you buy in the hallway. He's the type of person who personally signs cards. The benefits are great here, and we were paid sufficient compensation and provided PPE during the COVID epidemic. Magnet status has opened the door for opportunity in research, leadership, and education. This is really a great place to work.

Cons

The hospital is understaffed which leads to heavy patient loads, though this has been drastically made worse by COVID. A maximum of 5 patients protects us here. Understaffing of PCT's causes extra work on the nurse. The equipment is a bit older and outdated.

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! And thank you for highlighting the opportunities we offer and acknowledging our great president. Trust us, we are doing our best to stay fully staffed, and we're constantly looking for more employees like you!

3. 5.0

I love Methodist

Apr 24, 2021 - Care Transitions Navigator in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has been ranked one of the best places to work in Dallas 3 of the 5 years that I’ve worked there.

Cons

The skewed community view from past experiences.

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review. We believe that there's a reason that Methodist has ranked "Best Place to Work" many times. We hope that your experience continues to be positive!

4. 3.0

Amazing

May 11, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Euless, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, as good as an rn job can be.

Cons

Not many for most part it’s not stressful

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Apr 16, 2021 - Administrative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, caring staff, passionate about taking care of the community, lots of learning opportunities. Wonderful diversity and acceptance. Financially stable.

Cons

Benefits could be much better, salaries are conservative. Hospital leadership structure to flat.

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! It's always valuable to hear from longtime employees, so we will take your comments to heart! We are continually looking to create the best employee benefits possible.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Apr 17, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture People work well together Senior leadership provide opportunities of growth for employees under them

Cons

Sometimes there is a perception of disconnect between employees and upper management

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! Your constructive comments about employees and management will help to inform our training of managers. We appreciate that!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work!

Apr 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Methodist for a long time, and the culture is amazing.

Cons

Healthcare is a challenging environment.

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We agree that healthcare is challenging, especially during the pandemic. Thank you for your dedication and endurance!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Co

Apr 17, 2021 - Controller in Missouri City, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, commute

Cons

None that I can think of, the company is excellent

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're very glad that you enjoyed your tenure with us. May the rest of your endeavors be just as positive!

9. 5.0

Shared Sense of Commitment

Jan 5, 2021 - Chaplain in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I find the work environment filled with a overarching sense of shared commitment to patients and to one another. People are passionate about their jobs and of making a difference in the community in which we serve. The workforce is really diverse and very collegial. The President of Methodist Dallas took one entire hour on our first day of orientation to show the new hires around the hospital. I saw him do this at other times as well. I have never worked in a company where the president took that much time to show his/her personal appreciation for the newly hired staff. Due to the good financial management of the hospital Methodist was able to keep/hire personnel while other hospitals had to let go people in droves at the beginning of the Covid crisis.

Cons

As with any big company red tape can be cumbersome.

Methodist Health System Response

Thank you for your thoughtful 5-star review! We're glad you noticed how much our leadership appreciates our employees. Thank you for being part of our team!

10. 3.0

Dependable, good benefits

May 1, 2021 - ER Tech in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of hours available. Very good benefits.

Cons

Low pay, little to no raises. Management doesn’t listen to complaints of employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 454 Reviews