Methodist Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 216 reviews

3.7
Methodist Health System CEO Stephen L. Mansfield
Stephen L. Mansfield
Pros
  • "Great place to work with good job stability(in 13 reviews)

• "The Benefits are good and there is a clinic at the hospital that is free for employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I can think of great job(in 7 reviews)

• "HR backs up management, and although there is an open door policy with upper management, they will not help you(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Staff Member

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great place to work. Been here for years and will continue as long as they will have me.

Cons

i have no negative outlook on this place at all.

June 5, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We truly value input from our employees and are so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your experience at Methodist.

2. Great supportive culture

Current Employee - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

All team members fully support each other and are willing to jump in for anything. Management is also supportive of team as well as patient goals. We have enough management, but are not micromanaged. Our talents are recognized and utilized. The BEST thing about working at Methodist Dallas is how friendly both staff and patients are to everyone you see. I've worked in places that mandate saying hello to people in...

Cons

A private practice job would pay me a little more, but the sacrifice of the friendly and supportive culture isn't worth it to me.

October 25, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We want our employees at Methodist to feel like one big family. We respect each other, support each other, and even play softball together. We're so glad you feel supported by your team and that your talents are recognized.

3. Good benefits, good work friends.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System for more than 4 years

Pros

Fair pay raise every year. Patient-nurse ratio is mostly good. Hospital is expanding.

Cons

Parking is a mess sometimes.

January 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad that you're enjoying your work experience at Methodist. We're happy to tell you that with Methodist Richardson's expansion, there will be a seven-story parking garage to help improve parking conditions.

4. Secretary

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Fun place to work. Feels like a family.

Cons

Low pay for hourly positions.

January 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review — we appreciate that. We are happy you felt like family at Methodist. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to grow

Cons

very friendly environment. I wish I will be hired after my DNP/NP career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work and God bless all of you. I appreciate a lot

January 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you're enjoying your work experience at Methodist.

HR Business Partner

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time

Pros

Flexibility and autonomy is great

Cons

Outdates systems and processes. Need to revamp HR Policies and procedures

Advice to Management

Realign the salary grades for the HR Positions

January 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We constantly strive to stay competitive in the industry with our processes and benefits while continuing to serve our mission to improve and save lives through compassionate, quality healthcare.

7. RN

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Everyone is a team.

Cons

Like any other work place, it does come with drama but nothing too big

December 26, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review -- we appreciate that. Our goal is for you to feel supported by your coworkers and that you're part of a team so we are thrilled that your experience reflects that.

Too Much Administration.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The culture is very positive among actual healthcare providers. Very respectful of everybody. Good training. Very diverse.

Cons

The Pay rates is honestly not competitive. Too much administration that does not add value to the team. Benefits are a joke for a major hospital system.

Advice to Management

As a 403b entity, cut your administration staff by 20% or their pay by 20% and give it to the hourly workers. Stop the large turnover issues by not losing your employees to BSW, UTSW and Parkland.........

December 31, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are listening and are always looking for suggestions to care for our employees and make us a better organization. We're so glad you enjoy the culture of Methodist. We know that employees who are happy, healthy, and fulfilled take better care of patients. ...

• Address Your Discrimination Issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time

Pros

If you have a good leader, you could learn a lot. Benefits are comparable to most health systems. Nice people.

Cons

If you have a terrible leader that let's others control them, you will be stuck at a dead-end, low-paying job.

Advice to Management

Spend the money to effectively train your "leadership' or they will run off good people. Also, please stop discriminating against black females. Stop allowing your black female employees to be treated unfairly. If there are multiple complaints, I suggest you look into them and don't let the complaint stop at HR because they are a joke who can't keep anyone themselves. Dr. Mansfield needs to stop turning a blind eye to...

January 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Methodist is honored to be ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc’s 2018 Top 11 Hospitals and Health Systems list, and we worked very hard for that distinction. While we strive to have a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and one that is welcoming of diversity, skills, and talents ...

ICU RN

Current Employee - ICU RN in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Beautiful Culture, management is awesome, focus on training and in site education, high level of quality care

Cons

Insurance is pretty expensive and with low coverage, can't use sick time unless sick for more than 3 days with MD note

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great job!

November 30, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! Employee culture, growing our own, and providing high-quality care to our patients are our top priorities and we are so glad that you're enjoying your work experience at Methodist.

Found 216 reviews