Mitternight Boiler Works Reviews | Glassdoor

Mitternight Boiler Works Reviews

4.7
Norbert Long
1 Rating

1. "Mitternight has been in business since 1927 for a reason, they are fantastic to work for!"

Current Employee - Journeyman Welder in Satsuma, AL
    Current Employee - Journeyman Welder in Satsuma, AL

I have been working at Mitternight Boiler Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you think you are a welder that can weld anything and I mean anything I suggest you come by and apply! This place will test your skills from mig to tig, and stick to sub arc. Many employees have been there for 10-40 years and all of them are fantastic people. Management is approachable and knowledgeable as well.

Cons

The pay could be better 25$ an hour for welders 22$,plus for fitters as well as the shop needing some modernization. Preventative maintenance needs a hard push as well as the serious need for actual journeyman welders and fitters. Only other con is its hard to get in the door because people hardly ever leave. Even with the minor issues.

Advice to Management

Actively push modernization for new equipment. If you want journeyman welders you must raise the pay! Safety bonuses would be a plus as well! Round Table meetings with your top welders, and fitters as well as your machinists and maintenance departments without the leadermen present would lead to more serious and honest conversation. Change can happen as well as modernization. We all feel it's not possible to be honest with management without offending shop floor leadership. Small round table meetings would solve the issue. Enacting those suggestions would go a very long way to increasing profit and being able to raise the pay. Thank you for being approachable. Many employees have great ideas and all of us feel like they go ignored for far too long with no explanation of why an idea isn't even given a test. It's time to change. Change is hard but necessary can we change together?

2. "overall a good job, run into issues when management all have their own ideas how a job should go.`"

Current Employee - Fitter in Satsuma, AL
    Current Employee - Fitter in Satsuma, AL

Pros

most of the people are really nice and are always willing to give you a hand if you nedd it

Cons

the management sometimes have conflicts of interest that put alot of burden on us

Advice to Management

one indian to run the show dont let every manager compete in pissing contests

3. "Good"

Pros

Good atmosphere, nice people and willingness to help.

Cons

Parking and the outdated building.