KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Modsy Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2021

Found 146 of over 240 reviews

3.5
Modsy CEO Shanna Tellerman (no image)
Shanna Tellerman
Pros
  • "A flexible work environment with the ability to work from home(in 63 reviews)

• "work remotely, everyone is extremely helpful and transparent about the companies growth/changes(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "For the stylists on contract that have a real design degree, the compensation of(in 18 reviews)

• "Working super hard on over 5 clients, 10 designs a day to meet personal pay goals(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Modsy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Perfect Work from home job

Aug 10, 2021 - Remote Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modsy is a great place to foster your design skills. In my experience management is very helpful and willing to do what they can to help you succeed. It has been a great work from home job with flexible hours. I have been with the company for three years, starting out as an independent contractor and I recently got promoted to a full time employee. I never thought I would make a career here, but it has been a great experience! The pay could be a bit better, but the great employee benefits help make up for it.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is a bit much, but it’s manageable. It is a young startup so that comes with frequent procedural changes that can sometimes be frustrating.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Love it

Oct 8, 2021 - Designer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work ethic, community, organized, growth

Cons

Pay, sometimes hard to design when we aren’t paired with everyone

3. 4.0

Flexibility; Self-Management is KEY

Sep 22, 2021 - Remote Interior Stylist in Medford, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible times and ability to work from home, even outside of pandemic this was true. I feel like I play the SIMs and get paid, designing client homes. Use Slack to connect. You get beautiful renders for your portfolio.

Cons

Sometimes feels like micromanagement, since they can't see you working you have to supply a lot of documentation but if you do this yourself and supply ahead of time it doesn't feel so bad. The availability to move around in the company is cool too, but feels really hard to move from one group to another, again since everything is so isolated. The render system/program they use is not used by anyone else, therefore it doesn't help you become better at universal programs so you can't apply outside of the company with years of experience in a certain program.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced

Sep 5, 2021 - Stylist in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own hours. Flexible. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Super fast paced. I felt like I needed to just get the rooms done instead of putting in my actually eye for design. Always changing

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run, don't walk!

Aug 26, 2021 - Interior Stylist in Valparaiso, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool proprietary software, work from home, flexible hours

Cons

JOB UNCERTAINTY!!! They lay people off at random, pay veritable pennies for the amount of work expected, you might have a job for a month or 2, but you will be let go for no reason

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Aug 3, 2021 - Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modsy management has created a community; they care about you as an employee and also about their customers. I am genuinely proud to be considered part of this team! The benefits are also great, which is basically the cherry on top of working for a company with such heart.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

You'll get out what you put in...

Jul 27, 2021 - Designer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Modsy as a career pivot from a related profession to pursue my dreams of being an interior designer. What began as a part-time remote position (which was absolutely perfect with having small children at home) kept growing for me into a series of promotions and raises. Hundreds of designs in at this point, and I feel so confident in the skillset and knowledge I've acquired from my time with Modsy. The ability to make a positive change in someone's surroundings and see their vision through - to the ultimate goal of making Modsy Magic - is a sense of fulfillment that is not lost on me. It took some time and sweat equity at the start, but if you work hard and are passionate about the company's mission, then you will certainly go far!

Cons

The workload can be intense at times, and pay/ PTO accrual could be better.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Love Modsy!

Jul 28, 2021 - Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, fully remote position, fun environment and coworkers, good perks, fast-pace, good leaders

Cons

Can be stressful, but that's what you get when you want this kind of environment!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Lot of time- low pay- great experience

Jul 22, 2021 - Interior Architect in Scranton, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Job- work from home

Cons

Low Pay- 17 an hour

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great community to foster skills

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You need basic skills but they are willing to train you and help you develop skills as long as you're willing to try and receive feedback. Great work from home job and you can choose what times work best for you. Excellent coworkers! Everyone is so much fun to work with, even the leads. As this is a start-up, things are always being updated so you need to be able to adjust to new changes but if you can it's great to work for!

Cons

Very few opportunities for other positions if you don't live in a W2 state. Upper management who don't work on designs or with customers seems to decide what's the proper compensation for the work we do. The upper management only works with algorithms and "ideal" customers unaware that the actual humans we work with don't act as they expect so it takes longer.

Continue reading