KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 93 of over 124 reviews

4.5
Nextdoor CEO Sarah Friar
Sarah Friar
Pros
  • "People are great, there is a real culture of learning/teaching(in 7 reviews)

• "Work-life balance (emphasis on mental health)(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As a fast-paced startup, work/life balance is promoted but not always practiced(in 9 reviews)

• "The work environment feels inefficient and has eroded trust in managers(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nextdoor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best company I've ever worked for

May 2, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers are talented, friendly, and humble. - There is genuine interest in improving the world, as a part of the company's mission. - It's a really exciting time to be at the company, as growth is accelerating. - Complete transparency from upper management in all aspects of the business. - There is little hierarchy, so you can make yourself heard, to even the CEO.

Cons

- Product is not completely there yet, but I'm optimistic for the future. - Compensation/benefits could be better in order to compete for the best talent.

1 person found this review helpful

People Team

Thanks for leaving this review! We hope your experience continues to be positive and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for growth, comfort, and good people

Aug 31, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- consistently receive compensation increases, and got more when I asked for it - always opportunities to learn from those smarter than you and mentor those looking to learn - work life balance has always been a conversation between me and my manager; it is not dictated from top down - office politics has never been a problem - everyone treats one another as peers, nobody is blamed when things don't go to plan

Cons

- small teams with big goals; there is always more work to do than can be done - priorities have shifted abruptly at times, but not without reasonable explanation

Continue reading

People Team

Hi there! Thanks for the review and we're glad to know you had a positive experience at Nextdoor. Good luck with your next job opportunity and thank you for your contributions to the company!

3. The latest conversations about Tech

158 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could do a little bit more.

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- interesting product features - rocketship - technical projects and challenges - growth. (I was promoted twice in my time)

Cons

- some pillar heads have no startup experience. They are learning on the job and very slowly. Be patient if you are on their pillars. - Lifers at Nextdoor can get away with anything. - No accountability from engineers reporting to Heads of Engineering.

Continue reading
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Mount Pleasant, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management super awesome customers!! Worked great with my schedule and felt very appreciated

Cons

Don’t have anything bad to say about the job!

Thanks for the review!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Look somewhere else

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some genuinely nice and smart people at the Company. Overall mission of the Company is noble and some folks genuinely believe in it.

Cons

Compensation and benefits not on par with competition. Recently, lots of people left due to bait and switch tactics with stock transition (options to rsu). The transition was not handled well at all.

3 people found this review helpful

People Team

Hi there. We’re glad to hear you have enjoyed working with our amazing team! On compensation, while our equity vehicles will evolve, one of our core values is “earn trust every day” and we believe that starts with ensuring sure all employees have competitive and equitable packages.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jun 25, 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good loved it a lot

Cons

There's no downsides here lol

People Team

Hi there! Thanks for the review!

8. 5.0

Proper wlb with fun Projects

May 28, 2021 - Ios Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are genuinely caring and nice people Tons of opportunities to grow your career quickly if you’re paying attention

Cons

Not much structure surrounding eng processes yet

People Team

Hi Neighbor! Thanks for leaving this review — we hope your experience continues to be positive.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mission driven team building some cool tech

May 27, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a software engineer working on the core product. My team was very friendly and there is a strong emphasis throughout the company of "neighborliness" that I thought permeated the culture.

Cons

The management team had a very clear idea of what they wanted the product to be, which meant that was sometimes a little less freedom for engineers to go wild and ship their own features, which I got to experience at a previous workplace.

People Team

Hi former neighbor! Thank you for your contributions to the Nextdoor team for the past 3+ years! Very glad to hear you had a positive experience with the team!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jun 3, 2021 - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solidly positioned to connect local communities

Cons

Can act more like a 5000 person company than a 500 person one.

People Team

Thanks for leaving this review, former neighbor!

11. 5.0

So far, so great.

Apr 26, 2021 - Quality Operations Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company "walks the walk" when it comes to its core values. I've worked at larger tech companies until now and this is the first time I truly sleep well at night knowing I'm doing good work at a company that's doing good work for the world.

Cons

My salary is less than I would have accepted elsewhere. I was offered less than what I said would be the "minimum I'd accept" during interviews. Apparently, I was bluffing, because here I am. Perhaps if I'd been a man I would have had the confidence to push back more...

1 person found this review helpful

People Team

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to share this review. We are excited to continue growing and focusing our efforts to cultivate kinder neighborhoods! We encourage you to share any additional feedback regarding your salary with your manager or People Business Partner. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews