Notarize Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Pat Kinsel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strong vision, awesome product"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is really incredible, and the engineering team has a built a really great foundation. Everyone around me is really competent and hard-working. There's a really good work-life balance- if you're working extra hours, its because you want to, not because you're expected to. There's a lot to do and the entire team is aligned around making Notarize an awesome product for our customers!

Cons

Culture could use some work- the energy feels a little low. For example, not everyone is required to go to the all-company meeting on fridays, leaving it feeling a little lackluster or optional. Would love more command from the top, as the executives have a lot of love for the product. Would love to see them meet and align more.

"Notary Signing Agent"

Former Employee - Notary in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Notary in Dallas, TX

I worked at Notarize part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only pro is they paid for our licensing.

Cons

A great owner good sales people but sub par product lower management team is absolutely clueless and the most dysfunctional training I have ever attended. The company vision is not clear to the lower level management staff or training. The Texas office was sold a great dream but after 60 days of watching them fumble to get the office open (its still not open last time I heard) it is clear they were only dreams. They do not have the management expertise to lead and accomplish the vision of the owner. Other products have already been introduced that are cost effective and does the same job. The system is half completed no constructive thought has taken place in any aspect of the business.

Advice to Management

Organize your business flow, hire managers and trainers who actually know the job.

3. "Just Started - I Love It!"

Current Employee - Director of Performance Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Performance Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has a great vibe - from what I've seen so far, I would call it smart, friendly, and no ego. Everyone has been really welcoming and helpful getting me up to speed.

Cons

Boston gets cold during the winter.

4. "Fantastic culture and working environment"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Talented and accepting teams
    - Opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
    - Exceptional teamwork and collaboration
    - Work on a revolutionary and innovative product
    - A chance to work with an amazing management team where your opinion and contributions really count

Cons

As many have said here, it is a start-up. It moves at a fast pace and is very self directed, be aware if that is really for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Everyone is excited for a big 2018!

5. "One of the BEST Start-ups/ Companies to work for!!!"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Management
    - Amazing benefits
    - You grow with the company
    -Very friendly team ( very hard to find)
    - Open communication
    - NO SUITS!!! It's casual, which was a huge decision maker for me
    - Team lunch
    -SNACKS ON SNACKS
    - Very understanding management, they know people have lives and things happen.

Cons

- None , honestly, none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

6. "Notarize Rocks"

I have been working at Notarize full-time

Pros

- Incredibly friendly coworkers
    - A very accepting work environment
    - Great balance of working hard and being laid back
    - A large amount of control of and feedback regarding the product
    - Very satisfying to hear product feedback from actual customers very frequently

Cons

- You must be okay with working hard, and for more hours than a more corporate position (not necessarily a con if you enjoy the work)

7. "Great culture, lots of opportunity to make a big impact"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. This is a company that is truly changing an industry. It's literally changing laws and regulations to bring better technology to people and businesses around the country.
    2. Great culture without the overly excessive "rah-rah" cheerleading you find at some other over-hyped tech startups. Just overall nice, smart people who work together on a common goal.
    3. Good diversity across the company - ethnicity, age, backgrounds, etc. Always more we can do, but generally impressed with the people that we have here.
    4. Great location - I love Back Bay!!
    5. Flexible work/life balance. While most people are in the office, you don't need to be at your desk by a certain time. People communicate over Slack and via the wiki.
    6. CEO is great, very down to earth. Management has been fantastic to work with. They like to get out of your way so you can do your best work.
    7. I feel like I can just get s**t done without any bottlenecks. People value your opinion.

Cons

1. This is a startup. We're moving super fast, there is little process. You have to go with the flow and be good at organizing a lot of information.
    2. Company does not have good onboarding, but I imagine they'll be improving this soon.
    3. Office is great. but not sexy. We don't have beer fountains and candy walls, but that's OK. There are really more important things. At least there are no cubicles!
    4. Benefits are good but not the best. This is just pure fact we're a startup and I'm confident that as we do better as a business, leadership will invest more in their employees.

Advice to Management

1. More could be done to define the culture and our values. Lots of new people joining and don't want to lose our sense of self.
    2. Better onboarding - particularly in how to educate people on the industry and lingo.
    3. Standing desks - I would love these, even if there were a couple around the office for people to share.
    4. Communication - I think there's more we can do to improve communication across both offices and across all teams. I love that we've adopted the wiki and I think we should maintain that as a backbone of our knowledgebase.

8. "Great leadership and Engineering"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Executive/Leadership team is very down to Earth and approachable. They communicate a clear vision, and allow everyone to go about their own paths to executing it. This has not always been the case in the other Boston Startups I've been a part of, but is a great quality to have as it's allowing culture to grow organically, along with the product itself. Really awesome leaders throughout the company, with none of the typical Startup "mindsets" which is shocking but oh-so-welcomed to find in a startup.

Cons

Like most startups you need to be self motivated and disciplined. Wouldn't count this as a con against Notarize though, just general advice for anyone thinking about applying or joining. Haven't found any major Cons here yet! Seriously.

Advice to Management

We're excited for the future and looking forward to a big 2018. Don't try and force culture or stress about how it will scale. It's grown so much in the last year alone, and continues to grow with us in such a great way. Also, please continue to avoid hiring jerks!

9. "Notary Operations Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Notarize part-time

Pros

Friendly, intelligent staff, your contribution is valued

Cons

It's a start up company, no walls, no carpeting, no ceiling, if that doesn't bother you, you'll be ok

Advice to Management

Good management skills

"Exciting Work, Amazing Culture"

I have been working at Notarize full-time

Pros

- Intelligent, reliable and friendly team
    - Exhilarating culture
    - There is potential for growth within the company
    - Your opinions are truly valued
    - Wonderful management

Cons

This is a start-up, meaning things constantly change. Personally, I love that my job keeps me on my toes. However, others might not like that. Other than change, I could not possibly think of another con.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Keep up the good work!