Notarize Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

3.7
Notarize Founder & CEO Pat Kinsel (no image)
Pat Kinsel
Pros
  • "strong work/life balance is valued(in 6 reviews)

• "great office location in Boston(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "But that's gonna happen anywhere - growing pains are real(in 4 reviews)

• "Compensation for notaries is a bit low compared to what the customer is charged(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to be

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership has gotten much stronger of the past year - Excellent teams - Top of the line product - Flexible - Tons of growth opp - Great pay - In most facets of the company, you are left alone to do your job however you see fit. Results are important, but we're trusted to pick whatever methods work for us.

Cons

- Still figuring out structure and processes, so if you're not a self starter, not the the place for you - Extremely in demand product, so can definitely get a bit crazy and demanding. Hours can be long.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback, I am happy you feel this is a "great place to be" and hope we can continue to add the structure to grow which you have referenced here.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Its a job

Apr 21, 2021 - Notary
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, paid lunch, work from home

Cons

low pay, accessible to them all day

3. 4.0

Growing company

Feb 12, 2021 - Closing Operations Associate in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home, grubhub benefit, PTO benefit

Cons

could do better to advertise positions, hire from within, increase pay

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and for the feedback on what we can do to improve. Career Development and internal growth are areas we have been focusing on and hope to continue to offer as we grow.

4. 5.0

Flexible hours

Feb 11, 2021 - Notary Public in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and great pay

Cons

I can think of nothing bad to say

Human Resources Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Notarize. I hope we continue to offer you a great place to work.

5. 5.0

Great place to work.

Nov 18, 2020 - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities are abundant. Peers are very good people and will take time to invest in you. If you like learning new skills in a safe environment, this is for you. Co-workers are honest and you don’t have to read between the lines. Good benefits, which include COVID related time-off and covering work from home expenses.

Cons

Fast-paced, must be incredibly adaptable

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Notarize team and for sharing your feedback and, I hope we can continue to provide you a great place to work.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with excellent culture and smart people

Feb 6, 2020 - QA Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Notarize has one of the best corporate cultures I've ever seen. It's a healthy mix of various folks who are really good to each other - we really embrace various races, cultures, sexual and gender orientations and backgrounds. I've seen very little BS here of that type. - People at Notarize are really not jerks - which is intentional. There are occasionally hard choices that have been made - it's a place trying to make money first and foremost - but we've been from the start somewhere that's tried to hire people that are emotionally intelligent and decent as well as smart and capable. It really makes a difference. - We are going places as a company. I think we really have a shot to do extremely well, and it's a good time to hop on board. Kudos to the sales and marketing teams. - Engineering managment is great. Really good folks with experience and intelligence.

Cons

There have been some rocky times in the last 12 months, and some missteps in staffing and market fit, sometimes with painful corrections. But that's gonna happen anywhere - growing pains are real.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Appreciate the opportunity

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Three main ones: -- Incredible people. Some of the best I've ever worked with, who are genuinely passionate about the company, and are great at what they do. -- Prioritization. Our former head of growth has been a massive advocate in working on things that matter from a product roadmap perspective, and having recently brought on the company's first VP of sales, the company is now firing on all cylinders. -- Culture. It's very clear that no one person or team is trying to define it, but we have so many great modes of feedback and celebrating small/big milestones that it's genuinely a great place to work. I know how hard it has been to get here, but so much fun to see new employees take advantage of making Notarize the company they want it to be.

Cons

Growing pains like most startups. Notarize has more OG employees than most startups, and it's because they believe in the leadership team, and vision for where the company is heading. There are sometimes communication issues, but recent focuses around strategic initiatives has been huge for morale, and execution.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Extremely Low Pay for signing agents and Desperate Public Notaries

Oct 26, 2020 - Notary Signing Agent in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-This company provides all training and resources to help understand the process of completing real estate closings, - No out of pocket expense to cover Marketing and overhead cost. -Sign on 24/7 and receive work from queues.

Cons

-Extremely low pay for real estate closings. Notaries receive $5-25$ per closing transaction. $5 for partial closing and $25 for full closing. It takes about 8 hours to earn what I make in 1 hour as a travel signing agent.

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for submitting this information to us. It sounds like you are a contractor on the Notarize Platform. We hear your frustrations and appreciate this feedback as it can help inform how we can change the Notarize Platform to create a better experience for Notaries. Your feedback has been circulated internally, if you have any additional feedback please feel free to submit it to HR@Notarize.com

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Oct 15, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great business, great growth.

Cons

Product management could be done better

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience while with the company and the team. I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time at Notarize.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great product & people

Aug 5, 2019 - Analyst in Back Bay, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership team is heavily involved in day to day operations and puts tangible effort into communicating goals and challenges across the company - Interesting and well-built product with unique value proposition - Meritocracy; people are receptive to change and focused on winning as a team - Free snacks with a healthy variety and free lunches on Fridays - Genuinely inclusive environment - Health insurance package is generous - No abundance of pressured after work ‘social’ activities. My manager advocates for my free & personal time, and so do many other managers here. Company also supports the ability to “build your own culture”. Leadership team is very supportive of cross functional networking and is receptive to new ideas on how to improve the work environment. -Casual dress code at Boston office

Cons

- Complex industry that we’re unraveling as we go. It’s a challenging, fast-paced environment and in every role you will spend time navigating confusing obstacles that may not directly relate to your function. - No 401k match, which isn’t too unusual for startups - A startup environment requires you to have the confidence to challenge things you find aren't working well. If you aren't comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism it's going to be very difficult to be successful. In larger 'established' companies, there's already set procedures and guidelines.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much, we appreciate the review and the advice especially. Recognition is definitely an area that I want to focus on more - recognizing individual efforts and contributions, but also taking time to celebrate our accomplishments as a team in the moment. We have a tendency to always focus on the next task, the next hill to climb, but it's important to stop and look around occasionally at how far you've come. Please put some time on my calendar if you want to chat more about this. In any case, thanks so much for the feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews