Notarize Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Pat Kinsel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Fun Company to Work At and Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Notary Signing Agent in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Notary Signing Agent in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Notarize part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've loved every minute I've spent working at Notarize. Over the time I've been here, I've seen:
    -Great communication across teams, whether they're located in the same office location or not
    -Amazing Subject Matter Experts capable of answering every question I've had so far
    -The level of care that leadership has towards employees
    -How involved the CEO is in the day to day. He's very visible and fully interacts with employees which is always cool, rather than having a CEO you've never met and probably never will meet
    -The wonderful people we work with across all office locations. Everyone who works at Notarize seems to truly care about seeing it succeed and going above and beyond to help it reach new heights
    -How robust the training program has become and the level of care the managers and trainers take in trying to make sure every single employee is fully trained and set up for success
    -I feel recognized and appreciated when I achieve a goal for the company
    -It's a fast-paced workplace (as most start-ups tend to be). I personally enjoy this because time moves quicker and I'm never bored
    -There are MANY growth opportunities for every employee, if they desire to gain knowledge and experience in different areas of the company
    -You are notarizing documents electronically through a fully built software. It doesn't get any more 21st century than that
    -The time frame in which huge projects and goals are turned around is absolutely mind boggling!
    -Lastly, the new Fairfax office is really nice (with a fully stocked kitchen). I can't deny the benefits are a really cool bonus

Cons

Nothing really. I truly like my job and see myself growing within this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be flexible and understanding of a work/life balance, as you already are!

2. "Notarize cares about quality, growth, and people"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Notarize for over 6 months, and joining this company has been a breath of fresh air in the startup world. My colleagues are dedicated and passionate about their work, but also live balanced lives. I have learned so much from my colleges since joining, and I get to work on new and challenging projects.

I feel ownership of my work, supported by my colleagues, and surrounded by smart, driven people every day. Happy to recommend Notarize as a great place to work and I'm proud to be a part of the team.

Cons

There's always ice cream in the freezer. It's tough to pass by without grabbing one.

"Headed downhill quickly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Notarize full-time

Pros

*Cool product/service offering bringing the notarization industry forward
    *Get to work with some great, hard-working people who love what they do

Cons

C-level, VP level, and mid-level management have lost sight of the day to day operations and fail to listen to feedback from their team. Would not recommend for anyone unless you are looking to work at a place without a voice and under management quality that continues to degrade at an alarmingly rapid pace.

Advice to Management

If you say you want feedback, then you should actually respond to and listen to your employees. Do what you say you will do.

4. "Notary Operations Specialists"

Current Employee - Notary Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Notary Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Notarize part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional, Innovative, Supportive, Great Pay and Knowledgeable

Cons

I have nothing to share.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Innovative"

Current Employee - Notary in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Notary in Reno, NV

I have been working at Notarize part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Notarize has really welcomed me and provided excellent training and guidance as new regulations are passed. I am continually impressed by the desire to improve, train and keeping all team members across the country up to date.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report at this time.

"Fantastic Product - Poor and In-experienced Leadership"

I worked at Notarize full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Notarize is changing the world with it’s product. They are changing state laws and moving many vertical markets with online notarizations. The engineering team rocks and the product features are incredible! They also work hard to listen to customer feedback and apply it to the feature set.

Cons

The company let all of it’s sales people go and no longer has a sales force. However, they keep telling everyone internally that they need to grow but never supported sales. They didn’t even have clear pricing to give to customers and it changed almost weekly.

Leaders miss meetings and blow employees off with no guidance or career assistance whatsoever. Many good employees have left recently and management says “they weren’t a fit” instead of taking responibility that good people are leaving and investigating why. If you work in the Boston office you are good, but if you work remote, you will not get any support.

Lastly, many of the employees work 60 - 80+ hours with slack messages being sent at 1:00 a.m. and emails late night - there is no work life balance for many. It’s ok to do this sometimes, but all the time is not conducive to a healthy work life balance.

They do not compensate that well, I would say it’s slightly below average. There are many instances of employees not getting their salaries that they were promised through promotion for months and months on end and sales people not being paid commissions until they harassed senior leadership enough.

Advice to Management

Focus on culture and career coaching for employees. Attend meetings when you schedule them. Give people the time and assistance they need to be successsful. Remove leaders who are not adding value or promoting this culture. There is one senior leader who causes the most concern for employees and it’s commonly understood amongst all employees, but no one acts on it or removes them from a position of power.

You have some very good leaders who want to be successful there, and you are burning them out too - don’t let that happen.

Oct 24, 2018 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thanks so much for the review. I agree there's more we can do to better support our remote teams and the recent org changes were a difficult decision. Constant change and lack of process are common... More

"Strong vision, awesome product"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is really incredible, and the engineering team has a built a really great foundation. Everyone around me is really competent and hard-working. There's a really good work-life balance- if you're working extra hours, its because you want to, not because you're expected to. There's a lot to do and the entire team is aligned around making Notarize an awesome product for our customers!

Cons

Culture could use some work- the energy feels a little low. For example, not everyone is required to go to the all-company meeting on fridays, leaving it feeling a little lackluster or optional. Would love more command from the top, as the executives have a lot of love for the product. Would love to see them meet and align more.

Sep 7, 2018 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thanks so much for the review, we really appreciate the feedback. There's an ongoing conversation about all-hands meetings, and how we can make them more interesting and effective for everyone. If... More

"Notary Signing Agent"

Former Employee - Notary in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Notary in Dallas, TX

I worked at Notarize part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only pro is they paid for our licensing.

Cons

A great owner good sales people but sub par product lower management team is absolutely clueless and the most dysfunctional training I have ever attended. The company vision is not clear to the lower level management staff or training. The Texas office was sold a great dream but after 60 days of watching them fumble to get the office open (its still not open last time I heard) it is clear they were only dreams. They do not have the management expertise to lead and accomplish the vision of the owner. Other products have already been introduced that are cost effective and does the same job. The system is half completed no constructive thought has taken place in any aspect of the business.

Advice to Management

Organize your business flow, hire managers and trainers who actually know the job.

Sep 7, 2018 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thanks so much for the feedback. We learned a lot from our launch in Texas, and that experience will definitely inform our processes as we continue to scale in new states. We really appreciate the... More

9. "Just Started - I Love It!"

Current Employee - Director of Performance Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Performance Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has a great vibe - from what I've seen so far, I would call it smart, friendly, and no ego. Everyone has been really welcoming and helpful getting me up to speed.

Cons

Boston gets cold during the winter.

Sep 7, 2018 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Glad to hear you're having a positive experience here. Maybe we'll look into some Notarize-branded beanies & scarves for the winter? Thanks for the review!

"One of the BEST Start-ups/ Companies to work for!!!"

I have been working at Notarize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Management
    - Amazing benefits
    - You grow with the company
    -Very friendly team ( very hard to find)
    - Open communication
    - NO SUITS!!! It's casual, which was a huge decision maker for me
    - Team lunch
    -SNACKS ON SNACKS
    - Very understanding management, they know people have lives and things happen.

Cons

- None , honestly, none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!