NutraClick Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NutraClick CEO and CO-FOUNDER Daniel Wallace
Daniel Wallace

Pros
  • Various benefits including subsidized gym memberships and travel passes (in 20 reviews)

• Nutraclick provides a great work environment (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service aspect can sometime be stressful with upset customers (in 9 reviews)

• The business model is based on scamming people (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High Energy Environment, Young Company Making A Positive Difference"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutraclick is a startup company making a big impact in the world of supplemental nutrition.. The company is filled with bright, young minds who devote their time and energy to the nutrition field and to giving our client base the best service possible. As an Inside Sales representative at Nutraclick, I work with customers who order our products. It is a fast-paced, high energy job, but there are tons of rewards and perks for representatives who put their all into the job and work hard. Nutraclick offers its employees competitive benefits that begin right when you start here such as: performance based commission, unlimited paid time off as long as you are meeting goals and expectations, health/dental insurance, 401K, discounted gym memberships, and there is always fresh fruit and healthy snacks around. As a culture, we really promote health and wellness and can also have an extended lunch to go to the gym during the day. The overall environment is very enjoyable to work in and everyone feels like an equal, all ideas are heard and decisions are made on what is best for the company. Nutraclick was founded on a list of values that can be found on the main website, and they truly follow them.

Cons

As a supplemental nutrition company we constantly have to evolve with the fast-paced world of the health+fitness industry. That means all employees must stay up to date on the benefits of our products and stay in compliance. It is important to know all the products inside-out before getting out on the sales floor and interacting with clients. That being said, as long as you do your homework and have a drive to improve the health of our customers you'll do great!

Advice to Management

Stick to the company values, and success as individuals and as a company will continue to progress. Setbacks mean there's room for growth - and in our field there is a lot of room for growth.

2. "Outbound Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Vacation policy, 401k match

Cons

Tough being on the phones all day

3. "Thankful for the opportunity to work here, sad to leave the team"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: Young, extremely smart coworkers. Always happy to come into the office - which I know is rare at other companies! A lot of good things in the pipeline. Genuinely sad to not be a part of the future of the company.

I was laid off, and definitely was upset because I really loved working there. But I've been through a lay off before at my old company, where I actually had to lay off others, so I know how tough those situations are for both the company and the affected employees. While it's unfortunate, it ultimately is what is best for the company and I think for NutraClick it was the right decision and will set them up to be in a better position for the long term.

Myself and a few other employees were in particularly tricky situations after the layoff, and the managers & HR at NutraClick went above and beyond to help us figure it out as we transitioned out. I was so thankful and grateful, I know they didn't have to, and I know a lot of other companies wouldn't have been as committed to employees who were technically no longer a part of the team.

Cons

Inefficiencies mostly due to lack of communication between departments. Sometimes things were not done quickly enough because there were too many people on a project without clear direction or there was confusion about who was ultimately responsible for delivering on the project. I think this improved dramatically since I started at the company, but can still improve more.

Advice to Management

Keep up clear & consistent communication to the entire organization. It's helpful to know not only what other departments are working on but also any important milestones or news from other departments. Stay focused on the company's core capabilities and strengths.

4. "Peace of Mind"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun/young environment, nice office building, "unlimited vacation" (for most positions after employed for a certain time..more neutral than a pro considering how much it's used as a draw for recruiting)

Cons

Poor communication up, down, and laterally apart from a once a month or so company wide meeting. Didn't always feel good selling product to certain people, and in my experience borderline unethical. Not much time or space for intuitive or creative thinking. Heard a few times from colleagues who were asked by managers to write positive reviews.

Advice to Management

To mid and upper level management - engage your employees. Walk around, talk with them, encourage them and train them on a daily basis...be available to them! Too many times I had questions or concerns that were answered by folks who weren't quite sure themselves and therefore the answer just a guess.

5. "Seemed to be a great company until being laid off..."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Fair pay
    Set your own schedule
    Good communication with market manager.

Cons

Maybe bad budgeting because of being laid off? Doesn't seem to be a reliable job due to that.

"Glad I'm An Employee Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The innovative ideas of any employee are always listened to and quite often are implemented. The company has really given me more than enough tools to grow and develop. I have learned so much more than I ever thought I would here and continue to do so. They really value the employee.

Cons

Communication could be better across departments. The Town Halls and CEO breakfasts are really improving that though!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Take the time to listen to ideas/feedback, develop your employees, and provide a great company culture!

7. "Amazing Sales Opportunity for Beginners and or Professionals"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

Office located, perfect spot in downtown Boston, superb views of the city, simple commute close to all the stations.
    Excellent training! both VISUAL, and class room settings. I have been employed here for 6 months. Company adapts very well to new changes. All upper management will take time to help any employee to get to the next level. We are individual and team based, NO more than 40 hours in one week. Great opportunity to be successful, I'm very excited for my future here with NutraCick!

CEO. Managers. Co-workers, Are all easy to talk to and fun to work with. I laugh hard everyday. Really enjoy the products we provide. Weather your trying to Gain Hypertrophy or lose weight NutraClick will provide real results.

Also NutraClick is always open to new ideas! which I think is awesome most places don't allow you to have a voice. Here sky's the limit.

Working from home is also an option.

Cons

Changes do happen! Sometimes not only for the better. You need to be prepared and teachable.
    Be prepared to work with angry customers.

Advice to Management

Excellent management

"Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutraclick, as a company is incredibly interested in developing you as an individual and a professional every step of the way. During my time here, I've had my growth and development fostered within the company in a variety of different ways including regular one on one developmental training meetings, monthly company briefings, and exposure to the happenings and day to day activities of other departments in order to better have me understand the way that this business itself is run. Truthfully, any questions I've had in regards to my own role within the company or regarding others that I was simply interested in were always met with a kind, open, and informative response to foster my growth and understanding even further. In doing this and maintaining a "start-up" feel to the company, there is a feeling that you are so much more than just another "worker bee" but, a true investment/ asset that the company wants to foster due to the potential that they most certainly take notice of.

Of course as with any job, there are specific expectations that you are required to meet, but due to intense focus that is placed upon your growth within your role and within the whole entity, I never felt that they were metrics that were impossible to meet, but in fact ,due to the development that I underwent in training and meeting with my team leads and managers they were never an issue to meet, if not surpass consistently due to the plethora of resources you have at your disposal at any given moment.

Ultimately, Nutraclick is a place where you will be expected to work hard but perhaps have it never really like a grind because of the highly motivated and driven individuals just like you that you're constantly surrounded by. In sales, there definitely is a healthy sense of competition but, not to extent of being classified as cut-throat as everyone is so willing to help you out.

All of these factors combined with an fantastically fun workplace with a clear sense of purpose each and every day filled with driven and talented individuals has made the entire experience all the more rewarding.

Cons

The "start up" culture and feel of the company, at times it may seem like there can be a lack of communication inter-departmentally. This lack of communication tends to make it seem that certain pieces of information don't fully get relayed down to pipeline to the rest of the company, but, typically these issues can be cleared up by a simple question or at one of the monthly briefings.
          In addition to this, the overall "culture" of the company makes it so that when assigned specific tasks, you're expected to just rise to the occasion and adapt accordingly to situations as they present themselves without too much in the way of formalized training or the standard approval processes that may be associated with say a larger corporation. To reiterate however, at any given moment for any situation, I never felt that I was lacking in resources to reach out to better address any issues I may have had.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice to management would simply be to promote more inter-departmental work and communication. As it stands, Nutraclick is a company that succeeds at what it does due to the incredible individuals that make it up across all of its parts. Unfortunately, there is a subtle feeling that although they make up the whole, there is a sense of division that exists between the different parts of the company. Fostering more communication and inter-departmental activities could lead to incredible innovation, ideas, and perspectives on certain aspects of the business that might never be presented due to lack of prompting or opportunities to share.

"Another fool who trusted these guys"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NutraClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, good location, great compensation and benefits for sales floor. Nice location downtown. Modern looking office and good people on the bottom half of he company.

Cons

No loyalty and no remorse. As you see, the company let go of a lot of its best and most loyal employees. Team leaders, training managers, and sales support specialists were given no choice and no notice but to pack up and leave while employees who were employed barely three months were allowed to stay. I don't understand why tenured employees were not given more of a voice in the matter, just tossed like yesterday's garbage.

Advice to Management

I'll expect your canned and emotionless response below. The CEO and CMO are scam artists, and that huge FTC settlement fine should have come right out of your pockets, not ours, bro.

NutraClick Response

Nov 22, 2016 – CEO

Hey there. Thanks for the feedback. To the contrary, I and the rest of the executive team feel a lot of remorse. Addressing the team fully and announcing our restructuring was probably the hardest ... More

10. "Sales Department Review"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at NutraClick full-time

Pros

I have been working as an inbound sales representative for Nutraclick for three months, and have been very impressed with how well the sales team's core values are implemented. Every person I that I work with strives to find a balance between customer service and bettering the lives of NutraClick's consumers, and I really appreciate their honestly, positivity, and genuine attitude.

Cons

The implementation of overseas marketing needs a bit of work -- Many consumers in Australia and the United Kingdom mention that they're shipments take a long time to get to them, and, by the time they arrive, they are already uninterested in trying out the product. Extending their trial period from 18 days to 30 days would be more convenient for them.

Advice to Management

Esentially, just work on better ways to implement overseas overseas marketing