KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

OHL Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 117 of over 175 reviews

3.8
OHL CEO Ashok Patel (no image)
Ashok Patel
Pros
  • "Great work environment and leadership(in 7 reviews)

• "Good company but not longer operation in Canada(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours especially during summertime upto fall-time, but in Winter season all field works are on shutdown(in 5 reviews)

• "Not a good company to build a career for a foreigner(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Superintendent in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very employee based company, you feel the company really cares about you. They say what they mean and mean what they say. They continue to grow the company in a positive direction.

Cons

As with any companys growth the policy's and procedures grow as well and not always for the good, takes us away from what we do trying to dot every I and cross every T. Because we work all over the country very spread out there are times you feel as if you are on an island.

2. 3.0

DECENT COMPANY

Sep 15, 2021 - Assistant Project Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big heavy civil works Company

Cons

Lack proper management and pay scale is not decent.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Ok company with poor management

Aug 2, 2021 - Senior PM in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salaries are competitive with other companies of the same size and benefits are standard for the industry

Cons

There is a culture of awarding contracts and giving jobs to people in the inner circle of the upper management. Not a meritocracy and is ultimately negatively affecting the product.

4. 4.0

Construction in Union

Jul 15, 2021 - Pipe Fitter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and solid bonus

Cons

Disorganized mess, a lot of politics

5. 3.0

Can't Pay Their Bills

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people that really about the company.

Cons

Constantly getting cut off by vendors due to not paying bills. This is because upper management has buried their head in the sand about their accounting system that was created in house and it is too restrictive to pay bills.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Labelle, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

Some people don’t like to give out hours

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cool Place

Jun 15, 2021 - Project Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Comp and work life balance

Cons

Sr Management sometimes looses touch with reality

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic environment - avoid at all costs

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

N/A - no benefits to working here

Cons

Management provides 0 transparency. Do not expect your bonus to actually be paid out. Upper management are rude/toxic/self-centered. Waited until the last second to allow workers to work remotely due to Covid; forced employees back in as fast as they could. Benefits are horrible - 401k looks nice on its face, but only 20% of the match vests after 2 years, and 20% per year after that. Good luck getting any of the match. Disgusting offices and project sites. CEO has his pet intranet site that lacks usability and functionality - outdated technologically in so many ways.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

Good job

May 17, 2021 - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Gainesville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at all nope not all

Cons

The manager s was something else

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

California Region Needs Leadership

Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My supervisor was great and helped me grow while I was there. They hire new graduates from the local colleges. The benefits are okay, but not great.

Cons

The California region needs help. The leadership has no leadership skills. If you are part of the "in group" all is okay, but if you are outside of that circle, your time there will be disappointing. I worked for OHL for over 4 years and reported to a C-Suite employee in NY. My supervisor was great. He helped me grow while I was there, but I was hindered by the leadership in CA. There were many yelling sessions between leadership and other employees. The last straw for me was when this person called me into their office over something I was only communicating from the NY office and yelled at me, slamming his fist on his desk and threw his phone. The whole office heard the yelling and looked at me with compassion when I left that office. At that moment I knew I had had enough. This person did apologize but only because he was told that he needed to apologize to me. This person also called a meeting with all office employees to apologize only after being told by my supervisor that he needed to. OHL can be an okay company to work for IF they had different leadership in California.

Continue reading