One on One Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher Tracy

1. "Family and Friends"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Pros

I really enjoyed my time working at One on One. The culture there made you feel like family. Management did an exceptional job of recognizing employees and keeping you motivated.

Cons

I have little to say regarding cons at One on One. I ultimately left for a higher career path elsewhere as there was not an available position at One on One.

Advice to Management

Management did an excellent job at creating a great work environment. My only advise to management would be to keep celebrating the small things.

2. "Good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Director of Development in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Director of Development in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It has now been bought out by another company, but during the good days, it was great to work there. There was recognition for accomplishments and the ability to make a difference. When the market turned for the for-profit education sector, everything went south.

Cons

Top management wasn't too far-sighted in building something that could weather the storm. When the storm came, all we could do was bail water until the company went under.

Advice to Management

If all of the eggs hadn't been in the same basket and the portfolio of clients would have been diversified to other verticals, the sinking of the one sector could have only been a minor blip on the radar.

3. "Good Times"

Former Employee - Systems Administrative - Assistant in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative - Assistant in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time

Pros

Nice environment to work with. Everyone is interested in the success of the company and works towards that goal.

Cons

No cons to mention. Again, nice environment to work with. Everyone is interested in the success of the company and works towards that goal.

5. "Marketing Channel Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Channel Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing Channel Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Team environment.

Cons

Low wages. External hiring reduces promotion opportunities.

Advice to Management

Promote within.

6. "Great coworkers, challenging industry"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work atmosphere and enjoyable coworkers. Fun company perks

Cons

Management didn't do a great job creating and communicating a vision (there is now new management). A challenging industry with lots of headwinds.

Advice to Management

Communication of vision to the entire organization is critical!

7. "Do not apply!"

Former Employee - Sales in Providence, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Providence, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had the weekends off that was the only good thing about this place. Do not apply here! !

Cons

They are full of empty promises, they are not professional, they threaten to take away your paycheck, avoid this place like the plague!!

8. "Learned a lot and developed skills in the digital marketing space."

Former Employee - Marketing in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about the digital marketing and lead gen space. One on One produces a lot of talent. The CEO is a truly genuine person and the only one in upper management.

Cons

Layoffs and high turnover continues to hurt employee morale. Upper management lacks professionalism. They have no problem letting people go, but cause a lot of commotion with those who leave for better opportunities.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees a little better. Understand their roles and how they impact the business. A lot of talent is overlooked and these employees end up leaving.

9. "The People are the greatest part of working there"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, and very optimistic people. Family friendly schedule. Great atmosphere.

Cons

The company has had too much instability. All of their eggs have been in the same basket ( for profit education ) for far too long, and when given the chance between 2011 and 2014 to make decisions and move to new verticals nothing ever happened. Now the education industry is beginning to feel the first pain from the ever building crises on the horizon brought by massive federal loans debt, and thus One On One is entirely unprepared to handle this. Without major growth into some new markets within the next year I don't see them surviving.

The company has essentially operated without project managers since they purged all of them during the last financial crises the company went through. As a result there have been a lot of expended development hours on projects that never come to fruition. Amounting to a massive waste of money. They need to reinstate some level of project management within the company to create someone who can plan, execute, and follow projects through to the end.

Advice to Management

It's crunch time, there has to be massive changes, lateral moves into new verticals immediately, project management staff, and investment of time into finishing the projects you nearly finished and then abandoned.

10. "It was okay."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met a lot of fun people while there, many of which I am still friends with. The company really makes an effort to show they care about their workers.

Cons

A lot of changes happened while I was there so the structure was weird and often not great. As I was leaving though things were solidifying so I imagine it is a lot better now.

Advice to Management

Less "management talk". It was usually really easy to see through the "motivational" talks and they didn't help anyone feel any better.

11. "software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

casual environment , people are very friendly.

Cons

management doesn't know what they are doing.