PODS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
John Koch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • decent pay, work life balance is good for someone who is single (in 13 reviews)

• If one call center is forced to shut down because our telecom provider in an area is down, we will now have a back-up (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Strict Attendance policy at the call center (in 24 reviews)

• Your work life balance is non existent (in 7 reviews)

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, especially for the market in Florida. Any customer service job you would get barely a paycheck. I'm making almost $17/hour and it's continuing to go up. Other call centers, you get $10 or less. On top of that, work as much overtime that you want during busy season. These bring in some huge checks.

Refer a labor service and you get $1 each. It doesn't seem like much but it does add up throughout the year. I've earned almost another grand so far this year since they rolled that out.

They're not shutting down Clearwater. Any company will base their main operation in the area they originated from. PODS was born in Clearwater, FL. They're opening another center for 2 reasons: To have more permanent employees to take calls instead of having temporary, outsourced partners that they have to rehire every year. The company is growing and slow season isn't as slow as it used to be. Busy season is getting busier. If you've been here for years, you know this is true. Once upon a time in slow season you'd get a call MAYBE every hour or so. This is also why our markets open new storage centers or even relocate containes to bigger ones that they've acquired. Business is booming. Also, the other reason that Reno is opening as well is a contingency plan. We're in the hurricane state and we were affected. Of course our customers were mad and we felt really bad. We went above and beyond to try to make them whole after that whole fiasco because of Irma. Any other company wouldn't had done this except to offer an extension to pay your overdue balances. If one call center is forced to shut down because our telecom provider in an area is down, we will now have a back-up.

Also, we got paid for those days missed from Irma. Name me a company that does that.

You do have opportunities to advance. But would you hire someone that can't even show up for their shifts? We have one of the best system for tardies and call-offs that there is. It's also been improved to give even more flexibility. Right now, if you call off, it's 2 points. You're a allotted 12 points before you're terminated but its a rolling 6 months before points drop off. This is beyond fair.

Great company. Sure, it messed everything up with the new software. But we're getting a newer one shortly. Its frustrating but even Microsoft has glitches and failures. Windows 8, anyone?

Cons

Only thing I can think of is to have the janitors clean the restrooms a little more. And take off that stupid peg that keeps the women's restroom open since it drops at random.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Market Manager 2"

Current Employee - Market Manager II in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Market Manager II in Albany, NY

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good core values and great teamwork at certain levels.

Cons

No family life. Constantly answering phone or on the computer. Time off is really not time off as you still have to manage warehouses.

Advice to Management

Put strict limit on working hours. I have worked several weeks of 80+ hours. When issues are identified, work toward answers instead of stating, "that's just the way it is". When employees from lowest to management have good advice, really look into utilizing instead of brushing them off.

3. "Truck Driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of guys to work with

Cons

Low work hours durning fall and winter month

"Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, met some cool people.

Cons

Mandatory overttime in the summer (if you can't handle the call volume then the call center isn't staffed properly. )

No job security, the company fired over 200 people immediately after the busy season was over in 2016. They cited performance and not enough sales, but the day before I got fired I had 1 sale away from being on the top 5 of the day. Before that I was getting around 10 a day which should of been fine. After doing the math, I made the company around $1m during my time on the phones over 1 year.

They would monitor adherence like crazy. I would generally have a GRAND total of 6 min a day of bathroom time during an 8 hour shift and the next day have a paper with those times highlighted and told to improve.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people and not just numbers/stats. Start treating them as such.

"Residential sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mediocre pay..
    nothing really noting, not any pros. Arrive on time and work. The pay rate was okay while it lasted. No raises

Cons

Everything.
    No job security.
    Horrible pay rate
    Rude coworkers and supervisors

This job has to be the worst in a while. Absolutely no pay increase & I have been here for over a year. No job security and horrible people around all the time. Good job for the meantime but you got to find something else before they leave you in the dirt. Horrible company and business. Ripping off people for a POD.

2.6 rating. What a TRASH company to work for. Literally, the office is a dump

"Commercial salss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. That's really it

Cons

Instability. NO job security.
    Can't trust anymore in that call center. Horrible people. Backstabers
    Absolutely no room for improvement. Stuck at the same pay rate for life. I have a bechelors in business and I'm stuck at a mediocre pay rate.
    The management is horrible, no one that you can really trust when a problem arises.
    Your work life balance is non existent.

Pods is good if you want a crappy paycheck and that's it. Don't become comfortable with this job though. They will CUT you off, it's only a matter of time. I would recommend job searching while you are still at this job and Leave as soon as you find anything that looks more promising.

Don't believe what I am saying? Just look at the past negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Stop looking after your own backs and start helping out the lower level employees who create the revenue for the company.

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company! First of all this company pays well. They also offer a lot of overtime and treat the reps with respect. PODS takes care of they're people. The extensive 5 week training course really lays the foundation to be successful at PODS. Real opportunities to make a career out of working there.

Cons

There is only a couple cons for me. The first is the computer system they use has a lot of errors that occur while trying to make changes to an account. The only other con for me would be some people that work there have negative attitudes and it brings down the energy.

Advice to Management

Management needs to focus more on organizing things better and making sure people are aware of correct practices per the policy of the company.

"Beware of upper management"

I worked at PODS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good coworkers make the job easier

Cons

Upper management looks out for themselves

Advice to Management

Take care of your quality people

9. "General"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

stability, stability, stability, stability, stability

Cons

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

"Agent"

I worked at PODS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people and some proper treatment

Cons

Unable to trust anyone and phones tap conversations between fellow employees. When accused of something, you are not shown te proof.

Advice to Management

Don’t play with people or target individuals. Every year there is a firing spree. Now with Nevada opening next year, and unknowledged people seeing that the Florida location will be shut down. Be more honest and forthcoming. Treat people with respect.