PartsBase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Robert A. Hammond Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ice Cream, sometimes nice colleagues (in 9 reviews)

• Leading and cutting edge company in the Aviation Industry with major growth potential for one who is committed to work with the best in the Industry (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't like the working place Set Up - Hopefully the new Building working place improves (in 4 reviews)

• They will screw you out of commissions, compensation and even earned minimum wage (in 3 reviews)

1. "Social Media and Business Development"

Current Employee - Social Media and Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Social Media and Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provides ample amounts of opportunities for personal growth and development.
    Offers great benefits after being with the company for a short amount of time.
    Incredibly understanding/willing to work with individuals.
    You'll have the opportunity to hone your abilities.

Cons

If you want constant micromanagement, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and maintain the level of care for your employees.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and helpful co-workers.
    Management does not put themselves on a pedastal and is always willing to help and answer any questions.
    Benefits and PTO following successful completion of probation period.

Cons

I have yet to encounter any negative experiences in my time with PartsBase.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. "Not A True Sales Org"

Former Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time

Pros

The only Pro is you didnt have work weekends.

Cons

Very very poor distribution of the real leads mist leads are used up .

Advice to Management

Stop with good ole boy mentally. Owner is paranoid. Pres of sales is professional. Becareful if you are female.

"I had a great time!!"

Former Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and coworkers were very respectful and supportive, pay was good, I was able to make some good commission, and I have learnt a lot about the aviation industry. To the ones who are just looking for any job: Sales is not meant for everybody. Coming to work every morning, being on time, and warming your chair for eight hours is not enough. If you don't make your sales, there is no reason for the company to keep you. I thought that this must have been clear to everybody, apparently not when I read some of the comments.....

Cons

The new trainings module is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Managers need to have weekly team, and one on one meetings on regular basis. One one one coaching, goal setting, and measuring progress is crucial for better performance.

"Be wary of the positive reviews"

I worked at PartsBase full-time

Pros

Neat product segment to be around. I won a couple cash bonuses during my short stint. Some good people work here, although they usually don't stay once they see what this place is really about.

Cons

When a company has to either falsely report positive reviews or have their employees write positive reviews, you know something is wrong with that company. They were unfair to work for. This would be a short term stop for any person with morals or qualifications. You are on the phone all day. Calling people who don't want to talk to you because they told you to stop calling 10+ times already. Yet you will be given a leads list when you start as if they were special or warm. Don't get caught away from your desk for 30 seconds longer than your break allows, or they will yell at you.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to trick the internet about your company's serious issues. Everyone can see right through these almost daily positive postings to boost your image. Address your problem from within.

PartsBase Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

I’m surprised to hear that. We value the opinion of our current and past employees and have taken great strides in creating a healthy, competitive sales environment. I’m curious to hear more about... More

6. "The place for opportunity"

Current Employee - Asia Customer Service & Bus Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Asia Customer Service & Bus Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work pays off for those that are focused.

Cons

The hard work never ends

Advice to Management

I'm appreciative of the investments that have made the product and tools better.

"Parts Base is the best place in Florida to work!!"

Current Employee - International Customer Relations Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - International Customer Relations Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diversity of employees, fast paced environment and a supportive management.
    I have been with PartsBase for almost 3 years. I am thrilled to be in an exciting workplace that inspires me to learn from a variety of different cultures.
    At PartsBase I have the opportunity to effectively communicate on the phone and travel locally and/or overseas to meet our clients. To me, the most rewarding feeling is being able to build a strong relationship with my customers while finding a solution to any of their needs.
    I would never be able reach those accomplishments without management collaboration, guidance and support. They definitely provide me with the resources I need to attain the results. I wish this great opportunity to every one of you out there looking for a real career!

Cons

Pizza provided at lunch and learns. Not so healthy.

Advice to Management

Please pay more attention to cultural, social and economic market changes

"Great Perks!"

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about various aspects of a business. They always look to promote from within first. They have creative competitions for employees to make a little extra cash. Two times a year they provide BBQ lunch for the whole company (plenty to even take home for dinner!)

Cons

Turnover, but that is a part of sales. If you can sell, you will make it and eventually earn promotion opportunities.

Advice to Management

Better communication throughout the company in a timely manner. Many instances where one department is on the same page about changes, however another department who are directly affected have not been made aware. This causes delays, and errors.

9. "A black hole that just eats productive months of your life"

Former Employee - New Biz Representative
    Former Employee - New Biz Representative

I worked at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Could make some money for a while.

Cons

As soon as you do make money they change the pay program to make it harder. 3 or even 4 comp plans per year.

Advice to Management

Send the owner on a permanent vacation where he can figure out how to screw the fish in the sea instead of his employees.

PartsBase Response

Feb 20, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

Thank you for your feedback. The only changes in our comp plans affected those who did not make sales, which in turn helps us determine our sales talent. We set the bar high when it comes to our... More

"Not Just a Job But a Career"

Current Employee - Hard Worker
    Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With 5 yrs tenure here I can personally attest to the exciting & cutting edge environment that is being part of a World Leader in the Aerospace / Aviation Industry. With the exceptional Leadership and Vision of the Companies President, you can not only be proud of the team you're part of, but you can be confident hard work and dedication is rewarded and greatly appreciated. I have had the opportunity to travel around the country representing PartsBase in developing and supporting client relations. The career offers a complete life / work balance and incorporates continual training along the way to assure that your system expertise and industry knowledge is second to none when interacting with any of the over 7,500 companies that make up the global community of clientele.

Cons

Although the company will be moving around the corner to a New Building in early 2017 it has been a hindrance that the current building doesn't allocate a Kitchen / Dinning area for lunch time eating.

Advice to Management

Continue to always listen to and reward your Employees ideas and suggestions, never forget they are the engine that keep your aircraft in flight !!!!