PartsBase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert A. Hammond Jr.

Pros
  • Ice Cream, sometimes nice colleagues (in 9 reviews)

• Leading and cutting edge company in the Aviation Industry with major growth potential for one who is committed to work with the best in the Industry (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't like the working place Set Up - Hopefully the new Building working place improves (in 4 reviews)

• They will screw you out of commissions, compensation and even earned minimum wage (in 3 reviews)

1. "The place for opportunity"

Current Employee - Asia Customer Service & Bus Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Asia Customer Service & Bus Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work pays off for those that are focused.

Cons

The hard work never ends

Advice to Management

I'm appreciative of the investments that have made the product and tools better.

"Parts Base is the best place in Florida to work!!"

Current Employee - International Customer Relations Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - International Customer Relations Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diversity of employees, fast paced environment and a supportive management.
    I have been with PartsBase for almost 3 years. I am thrilled to be in an exciting workplace that inspires me to learn from a variety of different cultures.
    At PartsBase I have the opportunity to effectively communicate on the phone and travel locally and/or overseas to meet our clients. To me, the most rewarding feeling is being able to build a strong relationship with my customers while finding a solution to any of their needs.
    I would never be able reach those accomplishments without management collaboration, guidance and support. They definitely provide me with the resources I need to attain the results. I wish this great opportunity to every one of you out there looking for a real career!

Cons

Pizza provided at lunch and learns. Not so healthy.

Advice to Management

Please pay more attention to cultural, social and economic market changes

"Great Perks!"

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about various aspects of a business. They always look to promote from within first. They have creative competitions for employees to make a little extra cash. Two times a year they provide BBQ lunch for the whole company (plenty to even take home for dinner!)

Cons

Turnover, but that is a part of sales. If you can sell, you will make it and eventually earn promotion opportunities.

Advice to Management

Better communication throughout the company in a timely manner. Many instances where one department is on the same page about changes, however another department who are directly affected have not been made aware. This causes delays, and errors.

5. "A black hole that just eats productive months of your life"

Former Employee - New Biz Representative
    Former Employee - New Biz Representative

I worked at PartsBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Could make some money for a while.

Cons

As soon as you do make money they change the pay program to make it harder. 3 or even 4 comp plans per year.

Advice to Management

Send the owner on a permanent vacation where he can figure out how to screw the fish in the sea instead of his employees.

Feb 20, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

Thank you for your feedback. The only changes in our comp plans affected those who did not make sales, which in turn helps us determine our sales talent. We set the bar high when it comes to our ... More

"Not Just a Job But a Career"

Current Employee - Hard Worker
    Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With 5 yrs tenure here I can personally attest to the exciting & cutting edge environment that is being part of a World Leader in the Aerospace / Aviation Industry. With the exceptional Leadership and Vision of the Companies President, you can not only be proud of the team you're part of, but you can be confident hard work and dedication is rewarded and greatly appreciated. I have had the opportunity to travel around the country representing PartsBase in developing and supporting client relations. The career offers a complete life / work balance and incorporates continual training along the way to assure that your system expertise and industry knowledge is second to none when interacting with any of the over 7,500 companies that make up the global community of clientele.

Cons

Although the company will be moving around the corner to a New Building in early 2017 it has been a hindrance that the current building doesn't allocate a Kitchen / Dinning area for lunch time eating.

Advice to Management

Continue to always listen to and reward your Employees ideas and suggestions, never forget they are the engine that keep your aircraft in flight !!!!

"Partsbase Experience"

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are really great and there is a lot of opportunity to make $$. Relaxed 40 hour work week with benefits. Top producers enjoy VIP treatment including daily lunch and VIP Lounge. High commissions and performance is rewarded. Company continues to add new tools and value to their product making it easier to sell.

Cons

Free Ice cream and Red Bull at break, Lunch and Learns along with occasional Company wide Catered Lunches during the year could put on the weight - so be careful.

Advice to Management

Continue to add features to the system, promote within and invest in your employees

"Annoyed with obvious fake management reviews"

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k Although it is not matched, it still gives employees a way to save for retirement. 2pm Ice cream or red bull.

Cons

To many fake reviews by management is embarrassing to current employees. It is extremely obvious because all "cons" talk about how the move to a new office space will fix the reported problem.

Advice to Management

Stop creating fake reviews. it is embarrassing to those of us who work there. Earn Merits from quality work environments, be the company you portray on glass door.

Jan 3, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry you feel that these are fake reviews. In an effort to help us maintain the positive culture we've created over the last 5 years and to show others the ... More

"Great experience!"

Current Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - International Sales in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Going on my 3rd year now and I still enjoy very much working at Partsbase. After almost 30 tears in a major MPG's company and a different industry, I am enjoying very much the aviation industrie especially the international markets. Supported by Partsbase's tremendous updates of our system during the past 2 years, today Partsbase is surely the worldleading search engine in the industry. I had and have also the priviledge to have great and supportive managers who share their knowledge and contacts with us anytime.
    A challenging yet friendly company to work for which only will get better as we move forward and in our new building.
    As I said I enjoyed it when I started and still enjoy working at Partsbase everyday and look forward to a great upcoming year.

Cons

The phone's system and computers (critical to our daily job) have had constant issues and the good news is that it is expected to be dealt with as we move to the new location in January.

10. "Annoyed with obvious fake management reviews"

I have been working at PartsBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k, although it is not matched at all still offers a way to save for retirement. Free 2pm red bull or ice cream.

Cons

Management gives no support. It is obvious management has created fake posts, just by quickly looking at all recent "cons" they talk about how it will be fixed when moving into new building.

Advice to Management

Stop creating false glassdoor reviews. It is gruelingly obvious to anyone who reads them and embarrassing to the employees. Let the merit f the business speak for itself or actually change what needs to be changed to become a more positive company to those who work there.

"Might Get Minimum Wage"

Former Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at PartsBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Looks like a clean office.

Cons

Employment Contract contradicts everything told to to you at interview. Contract explicitly states you can be let go at any time for any reason and retroactively owed only minimum wage. Then since you are only "required" to be there 6.5 hours per day only don't be surprised. there is a reason they are hiring every month yet their office is only half full.

Advice to Management

Be honest about compensation opportunities up front.

Jan 21, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

The entire context of your statement is false in every aspect . Please find something more productive to do then to troll our page .