KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PeoplePerHour Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2021

Found 61 of over 85 reviews

2.8
PeoplePerHour CEO & Cofounder Xenios Thrasyvoulou  (no image)
Xenios Thrasyvoulou
Pros
  • "PPH is best for Design, WordPress, data analysis, B2B leads(in 7 reviews)

• "They are using hot technologies in the product and they are very open to new ideas and suggestions(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "PPH is a place where you will endure unnecessary paycuts and no bonuses (even if promised)(in 4 reviews)

• "Freelancer - job security and available opportunities are a risk factor(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0

scam

Dec 21, 2020 - Content Writer/Proof Reader in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none they are full of scams

Cons

They are only scammers on their someone tried to scam me it was so bad I had to bring the police involved because of the person threatened to come to my house to beat me up. He would use people per hour to steal people's money by giving them a fake check. There are hundreds of them on people per hour that are like that. that why I have decided to leave people per hour I don't want to get my name tied to their scams.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Has potential, though sadly not a pleasant place to work overall

Mar 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some good and smart people in both the London and Athens offices who are experts in their respective fields - The brand concept itself has a lot of potential for innovation and opportunity - Some nice colleagues in the sister company too - Relatively quick and easy integrations with product infrastructures so you can influence daily work and processes

Cons

- Won't add much more to what's been said about the CEO as it's well covered here. I went in reading these reviews with a massive pinch of salt as is standard for Glassdoor, though unfortunately what's detailed is largely true. Didn't interact with him on a daily basis though when I did, and from I saw in how he spoke to other colleagues, he was unnecessarily uncouth and disrespectful. Really daft if you want to motivate your colleagues to work hard and make money for you. - This leadership style sadly seeps down throughout the company and despite there being management buffers, creates a nasty top-down/blame culture where no one really has your back and you aren't treated like an adult. - Potential for the brand as a concept sadly let down by above culture - Brutal firing and paycut decisions made in early COVID lockdown as a way pre-empt expected losses. This turned out to be unnecessary given the company's freelancer ecommerce model performing well throughout the economic uncertainty - No real benefits

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Someone really should do something about the CEO?

Apr 27, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good product - Some lovely people

Cons

- CEO is digusting. So rude and horrible to anyone. How can anyone go and get through life being like this? It's awful.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Steer clear until new CEO is in place

Mar 25, 2021 - Previous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good and pleasant colleagues

Cons

the CEO. CEO is rude, self-absorbed, insulting, drags down morale, no social awareness, insulting beyond comprehension, does not value or respect the staff at all. No benefits No salary increases after 3 years if employment No career progression opportunity Really long working hours (40 hour week is standard) No direction Overworked and understaffed

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't believe the fake 5 star reviews!!

Dec 3, 2020 - Product Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working here is so ridiculously awful that occasionally it'll make you laugh.

Cons

All of it. The worst place I've ever worked. The worst place I've ever been! The CEO, Xenios... my word. An unhinged aggressive bully. Most weekly meetings would end when the member of staff he'd chosen to pick on that day (often female) would be in tears or shaking. All of these five star reviews are fake - it's the only way hiring managers can convince people to turn up to interview! Just look at how many of these reviews are from staff that worked less than 1 year. In my short time I saw him sack at least 3 people for taking holiday!

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst job I ever had (looking back Several years)

Oct 14, 2020 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt how to lead and manage a team by understanding how toxic a bad CEO was.

Cons

I am actually relieved looking at all of these reviews now, several years after I worked here. This was actually the worst job I ever had. The business was fun, I enjoyed my tasks but I was actually terrified of the CEO. He was aggressive verbally, rude, disrespectful and seemed to ‘lead’ by fear. I now run my own business with 7 employees and I realise he was just very incompetent and a bad leader. I used to literally cry before and after work and dread going in - ringing family for moral support before I went. The hardest month of my entire life. I really hope he reads this and realises his actions because as a Director of a small team now I would hate my team to feel this way about me.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not a company to stay for long

Jan 11, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

knowledgeable and helpful members of staff, good environment among employees OK salaries

Cons

management often bullying employees, especially women no clear strategy no career development lots of overtime with no clear reward

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not as good as you think

Sep 17, 2020 - Desktop Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their budget is really good

Cons

but the work they provide is not consistent

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 2.0

Weird place to work

Apr 20, 2020 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Ambitious, inspiring employees who are experts in their respective fields and live and breathe tech. -Nice atmosphere if you can avoid the CEO.

Cons

-Weird controlling atmosphere whenever the CEO was around (pretty much daily). -Little room for creativity. Everything revolves about the bottom line. -Recurring issues with product which could be solved if it wasn't for the unwavering fixation with profit. -Low morale.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative company in an exciting industry

Oct 22, 2019 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for PeoplePerHour has allowed me to be a part of some exciting projects that I'd never had the chance before working here. There is a great desire within the company to challenge and innovate so that we are able to be a step ahead of our competitors. The digital freelance industry is growing at a rapid rate so it's a fantastic project to be a part of and help move forward. Each person is able to have a genuine impact and have their voice heard within the company and their role. Naturally, flexible/remote working is embraced.

Cons

The official office hours are long, although you're not expected to stay outside of these hours.

2 people found this review helpful