Perfect Commerce Reviews | Glassdoor

Hamp Wall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Advices"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Perfect Commerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team spirit, Management, Sales methods, salary and compensation

Cons

Poor technology, no full scope just an e-procurement solutions

2. "Decent but No Room for Advancement"

I worked at Perfect Commerce full-time

Pros

good work environment, low stress

Cons

no where to go except where you landed unless someone quits

"Only for internships"

I worked at Perfect Commerce full-time

Pros

Lovely people, casual work environment

Cons

Total mess in terms of IT infrastructure, management has no powers and CEO is a special case who would walk by you and not even say Hi, No management common sense. Company just got bought by another company.

"I wish it could have been better"

I worked at Perfect Commerce full-time

Pros

Many mid-level managers and coworkers are great, knowledgeable, supportive, and helpful. They are the only reason I couldn't leave a 1 star review.

Cons

Some of the executives, not all, make life at Perfect Commerce difficult. Their style of management constantly makes the employees feel at risk of losing their jobs. One example is, during a period of change within the company, the Newport News office was told that no one from that location would be fired. Then multiple people were let go. The executives claimed it was for disciplinary reasons, but it still felt like you were lied to and at risk of being next. I wish I could recommend working for this company. There are so many awesome people working there. But, at this time, for the above reasons, I can't.

Advice to Management

Understand the mess you have on your hands is of your own creation. If you really care about your employees, you need to figure out a way to show it. Extra time off, bonuses, employee appreciation weeks. Something to give back in a way that makes them feel appreciated.

5. "Talented and motivated team of professionals"

Pros

Driven leaders, fast paced, autonomous work opportunities as well as team interaction

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. I've had a very positive experience.

"Great place to build a future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Perfect Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, including vacation accrual like european companies. Good Pay, bonuses available, you have to bring skills to the table to get a solid offer.

Cons

Just completed an acquisition with a company that has been losing money for several years. It will take time to "right the ship" and move forward, but it will happen.

Advice to Management

Keep on working to improve process and consolidate the companies and this will be a world class organization in no time.

"Challenging but Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Perfect Commerce (More than 8 years)

Pros

Get to work with some of the brightest people in the planet. The employees are relentless on customer satisfaction. Lots of opportunities to be involved in different areas of the business. Working with employees in different countries from different cultures can be challenging but a wonderful learning experience. Company has an entrepreneurial spirit about looking at different markets, software, and industries. Perfect has very good customer names and strong product solutions.

Cons

Industry is very competitive which makes for tough decisions at times. Acquisitions can create some disturbances in momentum and lower morale but ultimately prove positive. Relatively small company so upward career growth can be a challenge at times. Passion to satisfy customers can slow product growth. Some of the technology needs to be updated which can create some employee animosity.

Advice to Management

Find the investments required to update some of the technology, provide more employee training, and hire more where needed. Listen to the needs and suggestions of the committed employees; many have been with the company for 10 years or more.

"Acquisition and consolidations are always difficult"

I have been working at Perfect Commerce full-time

Pros

I have been with Perfect Commerce for over 8 years. Having read through the reviews I felt that I should add a review to provide my perspective. Whenever a company acquires another company, the consolidations that inevitably occur are understandably difficult on the team. But you can't look past the fact that these moves are meant to improve the total company, make it stronger and improve the performance for the shareholders and ultimately the employees as well. My hope is to remain with the team and reap the rewards from the aggressive moves being made by the management team.

As far as top management is concerned I can only comment on my personal experiences. From my point of view the CEO has treated me in an honest and honorable manner. He has always delivered on his commitments to me even when it has been painful but does it because its the right thing to do. The rest of upper management are solid and trustworthy and I count on some of them as my life long friends, no matter what happens down the road. In my experience, that's hard to find.

Cons

The cons of working at Perfect Commerce relate to the pros. We are in an increasingly competitive marketplace and the growth plans include acquisitions and consolidations. This allows the management team to build a stronger company with broader offerings to more customers while improving our technologies. Nobody to blame, its just the business we are in. Its a rough game at times.

Advice to Management

Communicate the plans clearly and repeatedly. Express the benefits to the business and the employees. Offer educational opportunities to the employees, help them grow into the team members that our future requires.

"Company is growing and increasing customer & employment opportunities"

Current Employee - Virginia in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Virginia in Newport News, VA

Pros

Global, competitive in market, did large acquisition, opportunity to learn and increase employment opportunity through the acquisition integration

Cons

High pace - tends to have higher levels of stress working through integration of companies

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growth

"Leadership and Direction poorly managed"

Pros

Casual dress code which is helpful

Cons

No chance for advancement. No discussion of raises when good reviews. Software completely put of date. Mergers set up with poor judgement. Upper management focused on friends and favorites everyone else forgotten. HR unorganized. Need a team not one person owning pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

Review what your team can do for you. Lots of good people overlooked for great ideas and opportunities.