KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pie Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2021

Found 52 of over 53 reviews

4.8
Pie Insurance Chief Executive Officer John Swigart (no image)
John Swigart
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Left and came back - it is a great place to work!

Jun 21, 2021 - Client Onboarding Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

You really feel like you are making a difference and you can see the difference being made in our numbers consistently going up and to the right in terms of new partners and new premium. I can definitely say I am making a difference n the organization

Cons

None I can think of!

Pie Insurance Response

We couldn't be more excited that you chose to come back to Pie. We're lucky to have you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pie has been a great team to be a part of

Feb 12, 2021 - Principal Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the people that I get to work with - whether we have similar ways of doing things or not, the diversity doesn't get in the way of finding positive paths forward. We are growing, supporting more customers and continuing to get great support from investors to make even more of an impact. We're building out the infrastructure and technology that are going to help us innovate and sustain our growth. New folks will have a great chance to help with the designs and explore the latest technologies we can put to use to make the team succeed.

Cons

Any startup is going to to have a lot of things to do and a hard time getting them all done - we've been working with Objectives and Key Results to help drive prioritization and focus on what is most important to help us get results that matter most.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Enjoy the work environment

May 10, 2021 - New Business Underwriter in Von Ormy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits package, flexibility, no micromanaging, fun work environment

Cons

It's a fun work environment, but there is a lot of work to be done, so be prepared. Not exactly a con to be honest because it means job security. I just had to input something in this window, so wanted to input the reality that there is still work to be handled.

Pie Insurance Response

Thank you for the thoughtful and honest review! Our culture is built by the people and we have all of our Pie-oneers to thank for creating such a great place to work. If you have any suggestions or ideas to continue to build and improve our culture you can always feel free to connect with our People team.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to help a company grow

Apr 19, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, coworkers, growth opportunity, the future outlook of Pie

Cons

Growing pains with any company are sometimes difficult but if you can be flexible and adapt then this is a great place.

1 person found this review helpful

Pie Insurance Response

Thank you for your review! We’re excited by the growth we’re experiencing but also recognize there can be challenges that come along with this. Maintaining a culture of transparency will always be a focus at Pie.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't be happier I found Pie Insurance!

May 5, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, fun, transparent, honest, fast-paced, diverse, open-minded, room to grow (& growth is encouraged!), kind, values curiosity.

Cons

None that I can think of

Pie Insurance Response

What great words to describe Pie, we are always striving to live up to our core values! Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

6. 5.0

Amazing opportunity!!!

Feb 19, 2021 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pie is such an exciting company to work for because we are BUILDING it from the ground up. This leads to an extremely fulfilling day where input and feedback is not only encouraged but 100% necessarily as we look to be a tremendous company.

Cons

If you are not comfortable with radical change, this wont be a good spot. If you enjoy dropping donuts in the field, this is also not a job for you.

3 people found this review helpful

Pie Insurance Response

Thank you for the great feedback!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun culture and hard workers

Feb 19, 2021 - Partner Experience Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every employee from every department seems to truly put their best effort into their everyday work. It’s a fun culture, even if we are working from home. Pie does a fantastic job at making their employees feel valued and respected. Very transparent communication from leadership.

Cons

As a start up, flexibility is definitely needed. Processes may change but Pie does a great job at trying to get feedback from all affected departments.

8. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Mar 12, 2021 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun team. Interesting product that helps people. Company leadership is very transparent. Little perks here and there go a long way. Great culture, everyone stays involved.

Cons

There has been a severe lack of pies while we're WFH.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Terrific company to work for!

Feb 19, 2021 - Associate Engineer in Lynchburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Officers/Leadership very transparent and involved in getting to know employees + Handling remote work very well + Very pleasant hierarchical structure (managers are there more as a resource than as a boss)

Cons

- Things blow up occasionally and we have to push pretty hard to fix an issue, but this doesn't happen as often as one might expect; the whole engineering team is exceedingly competent.

Pie Insurance Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with tons of room for growth

Mar 6, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Competitive pay Opportunity for growth Ability to work in a fast, innovative environment

Cons

Not for those who don't like change Goals not transparent Lots of manual work as is true for most start ups

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews