Portfolio Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Portfolio Solutions Group Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company, Plenty of opportunities. Good benefits. Owners are great people, Hard Working, Approachable, Lots of integrity. Sr. Mgmt. is supportive. Work culture here is always positive.

Cons

I have somewhat of a ride to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Genuine Commitment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honest Days Work, Opportunity to Serve the World's Best Companies, Ability to Create Solutions, Tools to do the Job Provided, Training Provided, Genuine Co-workers, Commitment to a Common Goal, Ability to Set Your Career Path

Cons

It's a niche industry that is competitive

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the goal of providing excellent customer service even if the nature of business throws a few obstacles in the path. Our customers and employees have been drawn to that for almost 20 years now.

3. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PSG has presented me opportunity for career growth and has provided for work-life balance. Management has been supportive of me and I feel happy to be part of this team.

Cons

No material issues here. Glad the team is growing and new opportunities arising for us and the company as a whole.

"Account Manager"

Pros

Short commute. Flexible hours on Friday. Located across from Oakbrook Mall.

Cons

Management is unprofessional and overbearing. Owner says inappropriate comments about employees in front of others. He will talk poorly of the clients after he hangs up from conference calls with them. Other people in the office building find him rude and condescending. They told us they were sorry we had to work for him. Poorly written job descriptions, professional resume writer told me it was unorganized and difficult to follow to update my resume when I was leaving. Follows suit to the rest of the processes. Very rushed and unorganized.

Advice to Management

I took at $20K pay cut just to leave PSG. This is the worse “company” I have worked for. There is a reason there so much turnover amongst the lease admins and account managers. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and make changes if you do not want the whole company to turnover every 3 years. I wouldn’t even give this a one star rating, I wish I could give it 0 stars.

"Lease Admin"

Former Employee - Lease Administrative in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Lease Administrative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is easy, if enough resources are available.

Cons

They say if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. I wish I could say that it felt like I never worked a day while working for PSG. I am aware that no job is perfect, but usually the pros outweighs the cons. At this company, there are mostly cons and only one pro. The clients are pretty nice, however, one may work with some angry clients that are more demanding and think they are entitled and speak to you as if you are a child.

Every day here sucks the life out you little by little until you break. It will ruin personal relationships because family and friends will be concerned with the hours, amount of work, the stress one feels, and will see shift in attitude after being here longer than 3 months.

Despite being many negatives, the main issue starts at the top, with management. Or should I say, lack of management. We have all heard the difference between a leader versus a manager. Leaders have people that follow them, even when they are not there, where managers have people that work for them. PSG is all managers, poor managers with little people skills, and no leaders. They constantly micromanaged the work flow, but did not give enough resources to complete the work flow. If someone offers to help, it is when they have their coat on and ready to walk out the door. They have no intent to help, just ask to keep up with appearance.

There is special treatment for employees over others, such as special hours for some employees that others are not entitled to, work flow load, constant "breakfast club" meetings that will last for at least 30 minutes (every morning), that are not work related and the constant laughing is a distraction to those that were working.

We are told to focus on the work and that it does not matter how many hours we worked, as long as the job gets done. It is hard to not focus on feelings when you feel that you have all the work and others have time to chat all day. It feels like we are back in high-school and the segregation between the "cool kids" and the "losers". The ones that actually get work done are the "losers" and the "cool kids" have less work flow and can chat all day. It is very frustrating and discouraging to work in a place like this.

The morale is very low and no one really wants to be there; and not just because it is work. It is the energy in the office and the people that are hired. Management does not listen to suggestions, even though they say there is an open door policy. Their mind is already made up and they do not listen to complaints.

The turnover for this company averages 1-2 people a month. Since I worked there, almost the whole company was replaced and all are relatively new. This seems to be the trend and will continue to be the path for PSG. Management views everyone as replaceable and does not see the value in the hardworking employees. Due to this thinking, I was replaced and I am happier than ever. As the two "positive reviews" claimed, the work is not hard and one does need to pay attention to detail. The work is never the issue. It all comes down to management and the fact they are not leaders.

I do not recommend working for this company. You would be better driving for Uber or Lyft until your dream job pops up.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they ask for assistance. Become leaders, not micromanagers.

"Adminstor"

Pros

Some of the people who I work with. They were cool about leaving early on Fridays.

Cons

Horrible horrible management!!! Very in professional! Dis organized. Rude as hell! Not helpful and they talk to u like are stupid. The pay is Really really bad! They are so cheap! They make u work like slaves! Never ever work for the company it's a revolving door big time! Get out while u can! Don't trust anyone there they are also back stabbing mean people! U will be miserable there! I can't even tell u how happy and better off I am with out that horrible place!

Advice to Management

Have some respect for others! Think before u talk! Be nice to other people. Most of you guys shouldn't even be in management! Pathetic!

7. "Positive Environment and Workplace"

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the Company for 10 years and in that time I have had the opportunity to grow in my responsibilities, and in my contribution to the team. I started at an entry level position, and after my training period and a few years of experience, I was able to take on more challenging work which led to account management opportunities. The Owners have an open door policy and we have 2 performance reviews every year with bonus opportunities. The work is steady, the workplace is friendly and the owners are helpful and helpful.

Cons

No doubt about it, this job requires attention to detail. I have seen co-workers who try to hide from the work, and they are the ones who are posting on here that its bad management. The reality is that if you don't like paperwork and abstracting, then this is not the job for you.

"Account manager"

Pros

None management sucks and you here how the owners fight every day

Cons

The term "competitive pay" will be said to you over and over... don't be fooled, this means you will be paid less than ALL of the other competitors for the same level and type of work. The management style is hostile and manipulative... your incentive to "do a good job" is to "keep your job." You will be required to take responsibility for all aspects of problems that arise when you actually, in reality, have no control over the situation that was caused by someone else or an inefficient process. I was called "professionally immature" for not taking total responsibility for an issue that occurred in an entirely separate department. There is a "push" to get accounts set up as quickly as possible regardless of correctness or "as long as it's good enough" to ensure the company makes money and then other departments have to spend time cleaning everything up.

It's important to know that you do not want to be salaried at this company. I have seen people have nervous breakdowns, cry at their desks, and even be psychologically and verbally attacked by managers for things are really quite minor, including - but not limited to - not answering every email instantaneously, not answering every phone call on the first ring, not staying late, babysitting coworkers to ensure completion of tasks, and on, and on, and on.

The company specializes in micro-management and they hire people into management positions who know how to manipulate and micromanage employees. They will track everything you do... your unread/read email ratio, your incoming/outgoing phone call ratio, number of invoices you process in an hour, getting your coworkers to watch your every action, etc. and then use that tracking to rate your performance for raises and company acknowledgment. There are many employees who openly talk about having drinking problems when they go home, drinking at lunch, taking up smoking, and becoming physically sick because of the stress.

Advice to Management

Go to management classes or bring in outside consultant to assist with process

"Lease Administrator"

Pros

Flexible with time off if you have accrued the days.

Cons

Management, management, management!!!! It's a joke all around. They tell you one thing and do another. Very negative atmosphere. Everyone sits on top of one another. They micro-manage to the fullest and don't let you shine. Stay away!!!!

10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Comments on this site are misguided...I started with little experience but advanced quickly. Management was very specific and supportive of my goals in ways I never saw with past employers. I never experienced or saw anything that could have been considered abusive or berating. Open door policy is a plus.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. It's still work?