Portfolio Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company, Plenty of opportunities. Good benefits. Owners are great people, Hard Working, Approachable, Lots of integrity. Sr. Mgmt. is supportive. Work culture here is always positive.

Cons

I have somewhat of a ride to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

Thank you...remember that we offer "work from home" days too so avoid traffic and take a remote day periodically to make the drive more tolerable. We get it!

"Worst Company to Work At"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

I worked at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time

Pros

You receive a small paycheck.

Cons

Constant Micro-Management.
    Senior team belittles employees.
    No leading or mentoring; just a dictatorship.
    Little to no training.
    No work life balance.
    Lack of clear communication and purpose to meetings.

Advice to Management

Stop placing blame on the employees and saying they are not a “right fit for the industry.” You are the reason there is a high turnover rate and why the company photo from the Christmas Party rarely has the same faces at the end of the year.

Larger companies have heard about the this company and think you are a joke and refer to PSG as a sweat shop.

Clients are getting annoyed as well. They do not feel confident with the work being produced due to the constant turnover and just being tossed around.

Aug 8, 2018 – Owner

Glassdoor notified that this person continues to post the same nonsense which is what she did at her last few companies. Her negativity is NOT missed and it's too bad she continues to spend more time... More

3. "Genuine Commitment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honest Days Work, Opportunity to Serve the World's Best Companies, Ability to Create Solutions, Tools to do the Job Provided, Training Provided, Genuine Co-workers, Commitment to a Common Goal, Ability to Set Your Career Path

Cons

It's a niche industry that is competitive

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the goal of providing excellent customer service even if the nature of business throws a few obstacles in the path. Our customers and employees have been drawn to that for almost 20 years now.

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

Thank you for your commitment and service to our customers. I remember naming the company Portfolio Solutions GROUP because it's the GROUP that makes this company great. When people add to the GROUP... More

4. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PSG has presented me opportunity for career growth and has provided for work-life balance. Management has been supportive of me and I feel happy to be part of this team.

Cons

No material issues here. Glad the team is growing and new opportunities arising for us and the company as a whole.

"Adminstor"

Pros

Some of the people who I work with. They were cool about leaving early on Fridays.

Cons

Horrible horrible management!!! Very in professional! Dis organized. Rude as hell! Not helpful and they talk to u like are stupid. The pay is Really really bad! They are so cheap! They make u work like slaves! Never ever work for the company it's a revolving door big time! Get out while u can! Don't trust anyone there they are also back stabbing mean people! U will be miserable there! I can't even tell u how happy and better off I am with out that horrible place!

Advice to Management

Have some respect for others! Think before u talk! Be nice to other people. Most of you guys shouldn't even be in management! Pathetic!

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

Wow...I remember giving this person a chance because I had heard that they REALLY needed the job. We gave them an advance on salary, we constantly corrected poor work product (and spelling)...but we... More

6. "Positive Environment and Workplace"

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the Company for 10 years and in that time I have had the opportunity to grow in my responsibilities, and in my contribution to the team. I started at an entry level position, and after my training period and a few years of experience, I was able to take on more challenging work which led to account management opportunities. The Owners have an open door policy and we have 2 performance reviews every year with bonus opportunities. The work is steady, the workplace is friendly and the owners are helpful and helpful.

Cons

No doubt about it, this job requires attention to detail. I have seen co-workers who try to hide from the work, and they are the ones who are posting on here that its bad management. The reality is that if you don't like paperwork and abstracting, then this is not the job for you.

"Account manager"

Pros

None management sucks and you here how the owners fight every day

Cons

The term "competitive pay" will be said to you over and over... don't be fooled, this means you will be paid less than ALL of the other competitors for the same level and type of work. The management style is hostile and manipulative... your incentive to "do a good job" is to "keep your job." You will be required to take responsibility for all aspects of problems that arise when you actually, in reality, have no control over the situation that was caused by someone else or an inefficient process. I was called "professionally immature" for not taking total responsibility for an issue that occurred in an entirely separate department. There is a "push" to get accounts set up as quickly as possible regardless of correctness or "as long as it's good enough" to ensure the company makes money and then other departments have to spend time cleaning everything up.

It's important to know that you do not want to be salaried at this company. I have seen people have nervous breakdowns, cry at their desks, and even be psychologically and verbally attacked by managers for things are really quite minor, including - but not limited to - not answering every email instantaneously, not answering every phone call on the first ring, not staying late, babysitting coworkers to ensure completion of tasks, and on, and on, and on.

The company specializes in micro-management and they hire people into management positions who know how to manipulate and micromanage employees. They will track everything you do... your unread/read email ratio, your incoming/outgoing phone call ratio, number of invoices you process in an hour, getting your coworkers to watch your every action, etc. and then use that tracking to rate your performance for raises and company acknowledgment. There are many employees who openly talk about having drinking problems when they go home, drinking at lunch, taking up smoking, and becoming physically sick because of the stress.

Advice to Management

Go to management classes or bring in outside consultant to assist with process

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

As with earlier response, I can only say, this is highly distorted by someone who we let go for the reasons you may be able to imagine by reading this rant. We do track work flow with a tool that the... More

"Lease Administrator"

Pros

Flexible with time off if you have accrued the days.

Cons

Management, management, management!!!! It's a joke all around. They tell you one thing and do another. Very negative atmosphere. Everyone sits on top of one another. They micro-manage to the fullest and don't let you shine. Stay away!!!!

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

With so many opportunities to make suggestions, drive their own atmosphere, learn and grow, make more money...I hope if this person is a current employee they'll bring constructive comments in any... More

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Comments on this site are misguided...I started with little experience but advanced quickly. Management was very specific and supportive of my goals in ways I never saw with past employers. I never experienced or saw anything that could have been considered abusive or berating. Open door policy is a plus.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. It's still work?

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

Thank you...seems like a person who realizes that we are trying to make it fun/flexible/professional but we're also a SERVICE organization and need to get work done.

10. "accounting coordinator"

Current Employee - Accounting Coordinator/Office Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting Coordinator/Office Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Portfolio Solutions Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work place, great supervisor.

Cons

Wage and employee turn around

Jul 22, 2018 – Owner

Job performance and compensation is ALWAYS subject for discussion....and trust me, we don't like the turn-around either but we've learned to manage it and often the new people it brings in become a... More