Primetime Executives Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Guss

"Well-run company with great leadership, with great opportunity for advancement contingent on work ethic, character, etc."

Former Employee - Leader in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Leader in Madison, WI

Pros

The best reasons to work are the ability to learn the business, and be mentored into becoming a business owner. The leaders (step up from account managers) do a good job of encouraging, and the sessions with Andy Guss (owner) provided valuable leadership training. If you want to learn how to deal with people or enjoy talking with people, this would be a valuable opportunity for you. As a leader, you get to interview and have a say in hiring (Andy is final say), as well as training a new hire through on-the-job training (learn, watch, do progression). Quality throughout multiple aspects of one's life provides success along. After every day, everyone would gather and celebrate each other's success in a fun way. Everyone is in a team for competition (various leaders/assistant managers choose team name), but encourage and help one another. Weekly and monthly lists of top performers also served as motivation and celebration. This office for my 3 months and even after was one of the top performing offices (even for its small size at start) in the region and maybe country.

Cons

The following are not necessarily cons in and among themselves. Monday through Friday work was ~11A to ~9P. Saturday from ~10A - 3P. It is commissioned based, if you choose that option. If you do well, you should do choose commission. Benefits come, if I recall correctly, come ~3 months in or so.

2. "Great atmosphere to work in."

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make great money and advance quickly. Great positive workers and awesome team communication. Very organized and professional setting.

Cons

Some long days and like any sales job there would be down weeks but there were weeks that I made a bunch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication

"This position developed me in to the professional that I am today!"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-No Micro Managing
    -Strong Leadership Development
    -Effective Coaching

Cons

-Strong work ethic required to succeed

Advice to Management

It's great that they invest so much time in each individual!

Sep 8, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I am glad we were able to help you in your professional development.

"Great Development Opportunity"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Primetime Executives offers a great opportunity for personal and professional development. It has a fantastic team atmosphere that helps encourage growth and success. It is a merit based job, so you get out what you put in which can be very rewarding.

Cons

The job can be hard at times, being that it is a sales job. Also there is quite bit of walking around involved which can be a bit tiresome.

Aug 12, 2014

We appreciate the great feedback!

"Door-to door Sales"

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job will tell you a lot about who you are and what you want for a career.

Cons

It's door-to-door sales. If that is your kind of thing, go for it. If door-to-door sales in not your thing, it is not worth your time to interview. There is no base pay. It is all 100% performanced based. It is motivating knowing if you don't sell you don't make any money, but at the same time it leads being sleazy about making sales. They stiffed me on my training pay after I asked for it 4 times. Learn from my experience. Also, It's a second shift job because yoiu can't sell to people when they are at work. They group of peopole swear, act immature, and are not a very professional.

Advice to Management

Tell people it is door-to-door sales.

Sep 8, 2014

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the pay/work hours. However, there might be some sort of misunderstanding, and we would like to clear it up. Every person we hire has guaranteed weekly pay. They also ... More

"Good company culture, hard work"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are friendly and helpful. The boss is easygoing and dedicated to helping people improve.

Cons

Long, unconventional hours, including a six-day workweek. No benefits. Commission pay means variable paychecks.

Jul 21, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

"Wouldn't ever work for this company. "Interview" is a joke."

Current Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Madison, WI

I have been working at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none that I can see unless you are a high school kid that want to get some sales experience.

Cons

Again, this is one step above a paper route. They say they are looking for "managers" but it is a typical scam like Amway, Cutco, Kirby, Insurance, etc.
    They would not answer direct questions. They don't look you in the eye when they answer.

Advice to Management

If you are proud of what you are, you shouldn't have to hide it.

Jul 21, 2014

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I would love to talk to you more about this, and I encourage you to email me to setup a time to meet in person. - Andy ... More

"Why you should never work here."

Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Madison, WI

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of the people are friendly.

Cons

You are lied to from the very beginning. You are told that you will be paid a base pay of 200 for your week of training and then 300 for the rest of the weeks you are not in training. What they fail to mention is that you will NOT receive your first pay check until two weeks after you start unless you politely beg them to give it to your first week, and then they do. and those 180 dollars are all you will see for your entire month of working there. You will only GET a base pay of 300 if you make 2 sales in one month. If you make no sales for the whole month they will let you go. They will not mention letting you go until you are nearing the end of your one month. You should be aware that for an entire flipping 4 weeks you will ONLY make 180 dollars at the most (this is if you make no sales) And they will not pay you 300 every week despite whatever lies they tell you. Don't forget the fact that you will be working 50+ hours walking around neighborhoods hoping you will sell something. You will only get Sundays off, and if your lucky you can leave early on Saturday. Do NOT be fooled by them saying that you will have Saturdays off because you WONT.

Advice to Management

Tell your new hires everything they are getting into from the start, that they will be making only 180 dollars (or whatever taxes get taken out of your 200) if they don't make any sales, plus the team leaders will hog all of the more promising customers and give you the crappy ones that have bad credit and/or end up being un-interested.

"A Sales Pitch"

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team that you work with is very fun... until they all begin to realize how little money they are actually making.

Cons

Everything else.
    No medical, dental or vision insurance available. No mileage reimbursement. A false story about commissions and how they are paid out.
    Really this job will be 'sold' to you as you will be out 'selling' to others. There is alot of talk about the 'promotions' available to sell you on accepting the offer. You will be out in the elements (regardless of snow, sub-zero temperatures, thunderstorms, heatwaves) regardless of the safety of the employee going door-to-door.
    They do not carry workman's comp insurance, so if you slip and fall on ice and break a leg that is your own medical bill.
    No paid vacation.
    They will tell you that the work week is 11-7 Monday through Friday and a 'few' hours on Saturday. The reality is that they want you to work 10am-9pm Monday through Friday and 9am-6pm on Saturday. That is over 64 hours a week.
    No 401k

Stay away!

Advice to Management

See above. If you really make over 6 figures a year you should be able to provide at least SOME benefits to your employees.

Mar 24, 2014

We are sorry that you had a poor experience with us. However, we do have workmen's compensation insurance to cover our employees if they are injured. Good luck with your future endeavors.

"Learning Experience"

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of this job is that you'll meet and get to know a lot of new people and get to learn from all of them. The office environment of this job is what i loved most. Once you get to start working on the job, it's really up to you to make the decision on how far and driven you are to make a lot of money.

Cons

The hours are not normal with most other jobs you may find, but that's the nature of the job.