Primetime Executives Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Andrew Guss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Well-run company with great leadership, with great opportunity for advancement contingent on work ethic, character, etc."

Former Employee - Leader in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Leader in Madison, WI

Pros

The best reasons to work are the ability to learn the business, and be mentored into becoming a business owner. The leaders (step up from account managers) do a good job of encouraging, and the sessions with Andy Guss (owner) provided valuable leadership training. If you want to learn how to deal with people or enjoy talking with people, this would be a valuable opportunity for you. As a leader, you get to interview and have a say in hiring (Andy is final say), as well as training a new hire through on-the-job training (learn, watch, do progression). Quality throughout multiple aspects of one's life provides success along. After every day, everyone would gather and celebrate each other's success in a fun way. Everyone is in a team for competition (various leaders/assistant managers choose team name), but encourage and help one another. Weekly and monthly lists of top performers also served as motivation and celebration. This office for my 3 months and even after was one of the top performing offices (even for its small size at start) in the region and maybe country.

Cons

The following are not necessarily cons in and among themselves. Monday through Friday work was ~11A to ~9P. Saturday from ~10A - 3P. It is commissioned based, if you choose that option. If you do well, you should do choose commission. Benefits come, if I recall correctly, come ~3 months in or so.

2. "Great atmosphere to work in."

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make great money and advance quickly. Great positive workers and awesome team communication. Very organized and professional setting.

Cons

Some long days and like any sales job there would be down weeks but there were weeks that I made a bunch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication

"Primetime Executives a Great Place to Work- If You're the Right Fit"

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working for Primetime was the close communication and performance based promotion of the company culture. As a new hire I was welcomed, informed, and trained by an experienced employee, and had opportunity to learn from other employees as well. It was an education time for me, and I learned a great deal about myself and sales. I appreciated Mr. Gus's openness about expectations for perfomance, and this is a job that can serve the right people very well.

Cons

The cons of my experience was understanding the job better before I signed on and the performance based promotion/income. During my second interview it would have been helpful to have a demonstration of the work, and I think doing that would bring on more long-term employees for Primetime. The pros of performance based promotion/income is also a con if, like me, the job is not a good fit. If that is the case the hours feel too long and the pay insufficient.

Advice to Management

Provide a sales demonstration in the initial interviews, consider a clearer rundown

Oct 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post positive feedback.

"This position developed me in to the professional that I am today!"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-No Micro Managing
    -Strong Leadership Development
    -Effective Coaching

Cons

-Strong work ethic required to succeed

Advice to Management

It's great that they invest so much time in each individual!

Sep 8, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I am glad we were able to help you in your professional development.

"The positive reviews are from the managers and Executive. Complete lies."

I worked at Primetime Executives part-time

Pros

I have been called and emailed by these people mercilessly for over a year.
    I am an executive sales representative.

Cons

They clearly do not check background, will not answer any questions, and make you come in for an "interview" that is a JOKE.
    Read and take heed.
    They are not "management" positions. Not "Leadership positions."
    They are taking advantage of desperate people that have no other options.
    Love the comment about "one step above a paper route."
    If I were you, I'd take the paper route!

Also check their ratings on "Ripoff Report."

Advice to Management

If you are PROUD of WHAT YOU DO, WHY DO YOU HIDE BEHIND FALSE ADS AND CHEAT PEOPLE???
    If you are proud of what you do, put an ad out that says "Door-to-door residential sales 6 days a week, evenings- for $200 per week"

See if anyone calls.

"Great Development Opportunity"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Primetime Executives offers a great opportunity for personal and professional development. It has a fantastic team atmosphere that helps encourage growth and success. It is a merit based job, so you get out what you put in which can be very rewarding.

Cons

The job can be hard at times, being that it is a sales job. Also there is quite bit of walking around involved which can be a bit tiresome.

Aug 12, 2014

We appreciate the great feedback!

"Good opportunity to gain experience and skill sin sales and management"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Working at Primetime Executives is a great opportunity to hone your communication skills with customers as well as create and maintain a good daily structure and schedule as long as you keep up a good work ethic.

Advancing up in the company is dependent to how motivated you are however advancement and managing your own office can happen in a matter of a year or two instead of taking several years in another job for a promotion.

Cons

The job can be hard; especially in the beginning. Maintaining confidence and persistence plays a big factor in how quickly you can get over rough patches. Co-workers are more than willing to help you out, though, by giving you advice, drawing on their own past experiences, and even working side-by-side with you to get back to a normal, daily rhythm.

Advice to Management

Consistent and helpful, Management is understanding and more than willing to help you by viewing not just a problem you may have but by considering the reasons surrounding it; allowing a more efficient solution and resolution to anything that comes up.

"Door-to door Sales"

I worked at Primetime Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job will tell you a lot about who you are and what you want for a career.

Cons

It's door-to-door sales. If that is your kind of thing, go for it. If door-to-door sales in not your thing, it is not worth your time to interview. There is no base pay. It is all 100% performanced based. It is motivating knowing if you don't sell you don't make any money, but at the same time it leads being sleazy about making sales. They stiffed me on my training pay after I asked for it 4 times. Learn from my experience. Also, It's a second shift job because yoiu can't sell to people when they are at work. They group of peopole swear, act immature, and are not a very professional.

Advice to Management

Tell people it is door-to-door sales.

Sep 8, 2014

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the pay/work hours. However, there might be some sort of misunderstanding, and we would like to clear it up. Every person we hire has guaranteed weekly pay. They also... More

"Great way to quickly advance in your career."

Pros

One of the greatest things about Primetime is the people you work with, as well as the customers that we are able to help on a daily basis. Having said that, the reason to work here is the end opportunity to run your own business in such a short amount of time. I worked in retail sales for 11 years prior, reaching my peak growth opportunity in the first three years. At Primetime, I am on pace to run my own office just after one year.

Cons

It is not easy. If it was, everyone would do it, and we would not have the opportunity. Like all sales, you will have good days, bad days, good customers, bad customers. You have to be mentally tough.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Really goal driven and willing to meet you half way if you are willing to put in the work.

Jul 21, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

"Lying by omission"

Pros

Potential to earn decent money.

Cons

6 days a week selling door to door?
    They are liars

Advice to Management

Quit tricking young people.

Aug 25, 2014

The day to day is explained in the interviewing process. I would love to talk to you in person about your concerns. Feel free to reach out to me.

- Andy (andy@primetimeexecutives.com)