ProVest Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Scott Strady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company. Very fast-paced and demanding. A lot of hard workers that do not get noticed. A lot of favoritism."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Flexible, Laid Back, Awesome Co-workers

Cons

Managers and their team sometime lack communication, Favoritism, Workers not appreciated, Lack of Training

Advice to Management

Need better training..

"Worst place to work especilly for females"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was not required to share my work space with other employees.

Cons

-Sexual harassment happens often and when reported nothing was done about it. My supervisor told me to stay away from the guy. Her excuse was that he's acting like that towards me because he likes me.
    -Every single employee is on pins and needles because they are always laying people off in mass layoffs with no good excuse. They lay people off and a week later are hiring more to "replace", its the cheaper way to go!
    -The more money you make here, the higher the possibility of you being laid off.
    -Tons of improper relationships among bosses and employees. They can't fire some people due to possible black mailing. The bosses would hate to loose their wives/families if exposed.
    -Be careful what you complain about because it's easier to lay you off then to fix the problem.
    -When I was laid off, I was told two different reasons why and none were true. I ended up in court and the lady that accused me of the wrong doings took everything back once my lawyer asked about pulling surveillance video to prove my innocence to the judge. It was false and ProVest never acted upon it. I was a hard working young lady at ProVest who was the highest performer on her team, by far, and never received a warning. They took her word and never bothered to investigate before taking action.

Advice to Management

-Investigate situations before acting upon accusations.
    -Have more females in leading positions to help others feel more comfortable

3. "Great peers, very spotty management"

I worked at ProVest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health care benefits were some of the best I have ever had, as a single person. Company paid 100% at one point.

Cons

Workload was impossible to maintain. Pay was horrible. A bullying manager was allowed to stay in place because the numbers were good.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line workers.

"Not a great environment"

Former Employee - Processing Clerk in Central Islip, NY
    Former Employee - Processing Clerk in Central Islip, NY

I worked at ProVest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can listen to music and casual dress environment

Cons

Management plays favorites and will not listen to suggestions. They do things their way regardless if it won't work and you get no help even when you ask for it several times. Upper management tells the company that we can leave IF we make our numbers but that never happens. There's no room for growth, barely any overtime and the insurance is a joke. Management enforces the "rules" but they never follow them themselves. They pile work on you even when you're already swamped and expect you to be able to do it and get angry when you don't or write you up.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to the needs of your workers. Obviously if 95 percent of the company is unhappy then there is something wrong!

5. "Growing"

Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ProVest (More than a year)

Pros

They listen to you when you have a complaint or idea.

Cons

They don't treat everyone fair unless you speak up about the unfairness.

Advice to Management

At first I thought the company was rocky... but now I believe it's growing. It'll take some time but I think the company is on the right track.

"Treated Very Badly"

Pros

Can't think of any that benefited my position

Cons

They mistreat their contract vendors. They ask you to do things that they do not want to pay you for. This company wants you to work everyday. They are so mismanaged it is surprising they are still in business. The management never wants to listen to you. For you own sanity stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Why give any advice they won't listen anyway.

"Company changing and they do not know how to handle"

I worked at ProVest full-time

Pros

People who work there are great people. Learned a lot about legal proceedings and documentation.

Cons

Individuals are promoted with no experience and no worth. Good employees are let go and mass layoffs are always a possibility. Daily pressure from everyone up top and no effort on their part to boost moral.Too many high salaried VP's, Senior VP's, Director's, etc. Sales force is lacking efforts and too much overhead on higher priced senior managers is weighing down the options to diversify.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the Top heavy upper managers and provide some morale to the staff. Diversify,

"Skip Trace"

Former Employee - Skip Trace Investigator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Skip Trace Investigator in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule but not much more.

Cons

Management was awful! No room to grow and unethical work environment.

"No Job Stability"

Former Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL

Pros

Wonderful mid-level management, and great team environment.

Cons

When I first started the benefits were competitive, and the job seemed stable. Over the 3 and a half years I was there the company contributed less and less to the employee benefits plan, until it was quite literally nothing at all. Raises were non-existent. Overtime was disallowed, and expectations for what had to be completed before end of day were raised as they laid off more and more employees. All of the earmarks of a business in trouble, and CEO's who don't know how to fix the problem.

Advice to Management

Either work to improve the company as a whole, and improve the quality of work life for your employees, or close your doors. When your employees live in fear that each day might be their last, it makes for a poor environment. When you expect increasingly more work for no more pay, it breeds bitterness. When you diminish the benefits that people were hired into, you are decreasing their overall value as employees. Reevaluate your business plan.

"task manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest (Less than a year)

Pros

Outbound calls to medical facilities to collect records that have been subpoenaed

Cons

Redundant. Lots of records received and then lost.

Advice to Management

None. Management was great.