Procom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank McCrea

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a term that is thrown around from time to time but it is not part of the culture (in 3 reviews)

• Every company has its downside, there's always room for improvement (in 3 reviews)

1. "Two Thumbs Up"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Procom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Procom treats you like family. There is no competition, everyone is there supporting you 100% of the time, all the way. In a staffing business, things can get messy, but never here. We support each other and help each other out whenever needed. Procom takes care of their own, and I've never worked at a company quite like this. Management is always there, they're never angry or demanding, always just there to help as needed. Also the best work-life balance you could ask for.

Cons

Really not any downsides. There is the occasional surge where everyone gets stressed, but that's common in any job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working.

2. "Fantastic Company Culture"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Great company to work for! Very friendly atmosphere and solid work environment.

Cons

High earning potential is there but must be worked for which is not necessarily a con.

3. "Great place if you love sales/recruiting"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Procom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work environment with little direction from management. This can be a good and a bad thing. Good if you're driven and love to make a good commission. Bad if you need to be pushed to perform. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Management can be too hands off. Benefits are so so.

5. "Account Support Administrator"

Former Employee - Account Support Administrator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Support Administrator in Houston, TX

I worked at Procom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, you can request days to work from home if needed. The pay was great, paid weekly in real time. Earned plenty of vacation time and sick time. My branch was great, we were all able to communicate. Just great people to work with!

Cons

The management at my office in Houston, TX was being micro managed from the Toronto corporate office. Upper management was quick to make senseless decisions. My branch was notified in late September saying that the branch was doing "Great" with their biggest client and they were extremely happy with the support given to them. Two weeks later after the meeting with the higher ups they decided to lay off, I was hired to support that one client. They know that they made some bad decisions.

Advice to Management

Yes, it's time to change upper management. Not very understanding and very quick tempered. If Procom wants to grow the staffing business in the US they need to change some things starting with leadership!

"Honored to be part of Procom"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Procom (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Procom for 5 months and have had nothing but a positive experience. Everyone within the company been extremely helpful in teaching me the ways the company operates. Procom has nothing but great intentions in helping every employee be successful in there career.

Procom is a rare company that truly believes and appreciates its employees. Everyone within the organization is accessible to talk with and cares about you as a Procom employee. They also live what they preach. They will give you the tools you need to be successful and help in any way to get you to the goals that you want to achieve personally and professionally.

The President Frank McCrea is a reason alone one should want to be part of Procom. From day 1 he has been approachable and helpful in my career with Procom and is truly some i can say i am proud to work for. One thing that truly blew me away was I just received a hand written Christmas note from Frank. It wasn't your typically cookie cutter Christmas note that his admin typed up and he signed, it was personalized to me with his thoughts. You do not typically see something like this from the President of a company this size. I was so impressed by this and felt it needed to be shared.

Procom is a fantastic employer and if you are considering an opportunity with Procom, you can not go wrong and know that going into it that you will not be just a number with in the company. You will be a valued asset and they will treat you as such.

Cons

The only con that i can mention can also be viewed as a positive. The name Procom in the US is still a new name to the industry. With the name Procom not being as well known it is more of a challenge to get into firms that have long lasting relationships with the "known" companies, but with that, we also don't have deal with the previous negative opinions created.

Advice to Management

Congratulations on building a fantastic organization. Keep up the culture and values you have set forth. The core value of Procom are unique and your employees recognize it and are grateful to be part of Procom.

7. "Great company to work for."

I have been working at Procom full-time

Pros

Procom great company to work for. I have been with the company for more than 10 years and still love working here. It offer great working environment and easy communication with the management. The company values its employs and take care of them like family. Employees have a chance to grow with the organization if they choose too. The team is very talented and friendly.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind. Its offers wok/life balance and the management is very open to addressing any issues we may have.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Comany"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator

Pros

Great parking! Manager does not micromanager.

Cons

Manager is hands off when id comes to training and questions.

Advice to Management

None they want listen. In their own world. However if the physicians really new the back the scene issues the managers would problem be gone.

"Average"

I have been working at Procom full-time

Pros

Great team, good environment, health benefits

Cons

Comission only, have to carefully watch your pay for upper management error, 6 month charge backs

"Account Manager"

Pros

I learned long time ago if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. And in this column I can't say anything nice

Cons

Lying, backstabbing people. You only make commission and you only get that if you hit ridiculous targets that the company comes up with. Otherwise they pay slightly above minimum wage....slightly. Management says one thing and does another.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your butts

11. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Procom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture and atmosphere is great here. I've never worked in an environment where I enjoyed the people so much. Flexible with time off, and everyone in management is approachable

Cons

Not sure if there is a clear upward movement path for careers as a recruiter